Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Imstuck wrote: »
    I have USB in, but network is just for LAN, found wireless in another direction but have made a mistake entering details and can't see where to delete now!! Lol
    Try
    blue panel
    network
    wlan setup
    adapter settings
    put in you details and press green to save

then back out to wlan setup and press restart WLAN i would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Technofobe wrote: »
    Try
    blue panel
    network
    wlan setup
    adapter settings
    put in you details and press green to save

then back out to wlan setup and press restart WLAN i would imagine
    Yes I got into them in blue panel, how do I delete some details I entered incorrectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Assign a fixed ip address to your box it will probably be under settings / network
    Assign a similar IP address to your pc
    So if you have 192.168.1.10 as your box & 192.168.1.15 as you pc

Where/How do you do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Yes I got into them in blue panel, how do I delete some details I entered incorrectly?
    I dont use wifi
    but i would try
    use the up and down on the remote to select the line you want
    use left and right to edit
    thats what works on mine but I have not saved any data
    there is also 4 coloured keys on bottom
    red cancel /green save
    what about yellow and blue do they do anything

Read on Linux that it's a right pain for wifi on that image, refuses a lot of the time, looks excellent though!! Gonna try open arp

• Advertisement

Download & install dreambox edit
    Assign a fixed ip address to your box it will probably be under settings / network
    Assign a similar IP address to your pc
    So if you have 192.168.1.10 as your box & 192.168.1.15 as you pc
    connect your lan cable between the lan port on your box and the lan port of your pc
    open up dreambox edit
    go to options and put in the IP address that you gave the box
    google what the root password is for the sab enigma image that your using

in dreamboxedit go to file and ftp download
    this should retrive the current channell list and boquets from your box

in the right hand side of the program you can drag and drop the channels where you like
    when done save
    go to file upload and send it back to the box
    restart enigma
    and check

I've been experimenting but to no avail. I'm not the best with this sort of stuff
    This is what I have done:

DreamBoxEdit Options Box:
    IP address 192.168.0.5
    HTTP 80
    username root
    password dreambox

press ok

go to FTP, press Receive Files From Dreambox

Returns error message: 'There were errors retrieving files from the Dreambox. Check the log for more details.'

Log says:
    Connecting to ...
    Could not connect to Dremabox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox.

Any suggestions? I'm trying :)

Try user root password root

Try user root password root

Same result.

What image are you on

What image are you on

What do you mean?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how to organise the channels on the box? I'm starting to regret my purchase!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi, quick question - I bought a Sab Combo with Enigma installed - I like the machine so far with the exception of the channels - is it possible to organise the channels on the box? I have googled and can't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

Hi. Learning this system takes time so don't panic. It has taken me months to get good with the basics. Once you get it your knowledge of how these systems work increases dramatically.

I just move my channels manually. Select channel and hit menu then add channel to bouquet. I generally put all my channels in the favourite bouquet as I only use saorview and FTA. Do this manually for each one you want. You can move the order by selecting Enable move mode in the menu. Hit menu and select Disable move mode when finished.

Once you have a go at installing new images you will become a whizz at navigating bouquet order.

lsjmhar wrote: »
    I just move my channels manually. Select channel and hit menu then add channel to bouquet. I generally put all my channels in the favourite bouquet as I only use saorview and FTA. Do this manually for each one you want. You can move the order by selecting Enable move mode in the menu. Hit menu and select Disable move mode when finished.

Yeah I know. The one I had previous was difficult enough to get used to when I started with it - I could just change/delete/move channels as I wanted.

I can't find any of the English stations now to try it!!

I'll have to find the channels! Thanks for the advice!

Fellas, my head is fried, I can't connect ftp on championc's open arp image. Error 10057 send socket blah blah. Root & blank user/pass. Is there a setting on the box that denies connection? Think there was one on open atv???...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Imstuck wrote:
    Fellas, my head is fried, I can't connect ftp on championc's open arp image. Error 10057 send socket blah blah. Root & blank user/pass. Is there a setting on the box that denies connection? Think there was one on open atv???...

Username :root
    Password openarp

Thank you, will try that later.
    Was doing a lot of booting and when in enigma boot stays on the display, although everything seems to work ok, problems??????

Imstuck wrote:
    Thank you, will try that later. Was doing a lot of booting and when in enigma boot stays on the display, although everything seems to work ok, problems??????

Freshpots hyperion 4 image has a fix for the boot display. Plugins, download plugins and vfd. Don't like open arp, so don't know if the same plugin exists

Thank you, will try that also, also like the look of that Hyperion 4 but couldn't get wifi to connect unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Yeah I know. The one I had previous was difficult enough to get used to when I started with it - I could just change/delete/move channels as I wanted.

I can't find any of the English stations now to try it!!

I'll have to find the channels! Thanks for the advice!

just press menu when your on a channel and you will see a load of options for making up your own channel orders, spend a bit of time experimenting with it and it will all make sense. when you get the hang of it you will wonder why you ever doubted your purchase!

how.gareth wrote: »
    just press menu when your on a channel and you will see a load of options for making up your own channel orders, spend a bit of time experimenting with it and it will all make sense. when you get the hang of it you will wonder why you ever doubted your purchase!

When I press Menu, it just brings me to the main menu but no options for the channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

When I press Menu, it just brings me to the main menu but no options for the channel.

While your on a channel listing

how.gareth wrote: »
    While your on a channel listing

Is that when you're in the EPG?
    If so, I can only see EPG Select/Timer/GuideSwitch/CoolSearch

Is that when you're in the EPG? If so, I can only see EPG Select/Timer/GuideSwitch/CoolSearch

No, go to channel list as advised ! Not epg!

hallo dare wrote: »

Is that Favorites - last scanned?

I think I've got it!!! I moved two stations to my favourites (tv) folder!!! Thanks everyone!

Just a quick note to say that I have everthing sorted now!! And I even sorted my channels so they are in the exact position they were in on my old box! Thank you to everyone who helped me. As a thank you I will post how I organised the channels (I know its the advice that I was given but might be quicker for someone who was searching. I will also put up how to organise the channels.

To organise the channels:
    1. Press FAV on remote
    2. Choose Last Scanned folder
    3. Press the Red button
    4. Scroll to desired channel
    5. When on channel - press the Menu button
    6. Choose 'Add service to bouquet'
    7. Exit
    8. Press FAV again
    9. Go to Favourite (TV)
    10. Channel is now added to Favourite TV folder

To Sort the channels:
    1. Press Menu
    2. Choose Enable Move Mode
    3. Select Channel and move it to your desired location.

Thanks again. I'm excited about using the box now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭championc

Just a quick note to say that I have everthing sorted now!! And I even sorted my channels so they are in the exact position they were in on my old box! Thank you to everyone who helped me. As a thank you I will post how I organised the channels (I know its the advice that I was given but might be quicker for someone who was searching. I will also put up how to organise the channels.

To organise the channels:
    1. Press FAV on remote
    2. Choose Last Scanned folder
    3. Press the Red button
    4. Scroll to desired channel
    5. When on channel - press the Menu button
    6. Choose 'Add service to bouquet'
    7. Exit
    8. Press FAV again
    9. Go to Favourite (TV)
    10. Channel is now added to Favourite TV folder

To Sort the channels:
    1. Press Menu
    2. Choose Enable Move Mode
    3. Select Channel and move it to your desired location.

Thanks again. I'm excited about using the box now!!

An easier way is, run Auto Bouquets, then ...

From a TV Station, Press OK to list the list of channels. From the channel list, Press MENU. From here, you can then remove, move or do whatever you like with Channels and Bouquets.

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

championc wrote: »
    An easier way is, run Auto Bouquets, then ...

From a TV Station, Press OK to list the list of channels. From the channel list, Press MENU. From here, you can then remove, move or do whatever you like with Channels and Bouquets.

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Just one more quick question - when recording say for example TV3, the only station I can view is RTE1 - is there any way around this? With my old box, I could record a channel and watch another.

Just one more quick question - when recording say for example TV3, the only station I can view is RTE1 - is there any way around this? With my old box, I could record a channel and watch another.

What image are you using?

• Advertisement

What image are you using?

I was asked this last night - I don't know what you're talking about - not au fait with this stuff.

I got the recording stuff sorted out - I recorded a BBC channel - BBC One - and I could still access the Saorview channels and BBC Two and I recorded a UTV channel and the same thing happened. I also recorded BBC and TV3 at the same time. BUT then - for no reason I have lost the Saorview channels - I was watching it around 6 and it started going fuzzy - I could watch RTE2 and the rest but they have all stopped working now.
    I really don't know what is going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement