Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

You sure if that, what you describe is exactly what happens when you save to internal flash, it even makes the box lock up and freeze and the epg doesn't survive a reboot. Delete the files and see does it make them again.

Tried that with a clean copy of OpenATV no other plugins installed, Rebooted and it worked no issues rebooted again and its gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

For enigma2 images you could try Rats Bouquets.

I installed rats_bouquets_latest.ipk by using 7-Zip to unpack it until I got the /usr directory then just dragged and dropped that into the root of the enigma2 installation in FileZilla. Then rebooted and went into its entry in the Plugin Menu.

Flex

That's an alternative to Autobouquets not CrossEPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Is there any alternative to CROSSEPG? on every image I tried this will not load after a reboot and it brings the box to a halt, Without it the box fly's along no issues at all.

Use xmltv updater

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi guys
    Will this Netgear WNCE2001 network adaptor work with an amiko alien 2.. have it working fine with my soon to be real replaced sky box

Thanks

Hi guys
    Will this Netgear WNCE2001 network adaptor work with an amiko alien 2.. have it working fine with my soon to be real replaced sky box

Thanks

Why wouldn't it, it plugs in by Ethernet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Why wouldn't it, it plugs in by Ethernet

Yeah your right! was getting confused with the USB wifi dongle issues.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Hi
    Can anyone please tell me how, on any particular image, to start or restart the box in "Standby mode"

Thanks

Seapoint wrote:
    Hi Can anyone please tell me how, on any particular image, to start or restart the box in "Standby mode"

Press the red power button on the remote

Seapoint wrote:
    Hi Can anyone please tell me how, on any particular image, to start or restart the box in "Standby mode"

Press the red power button on the remote!

hallo dare wrote: »
    Use xmltv updater

I was looking for this plugin? I couldn't find it in the download section. would you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

hallo dare wrote: »
    Press the red power button on the remote

I mean - reboot to standby. I'm using the box simply as a VU+ server with XBMC clients. For whatever reasons, the box reboots every couple of days and plays RTE1 (or whatever channel it's set to start in) and therefore the clients can't use alternate transponders.

Tried that with a clean copy of OpenATV no other plugins installed, Rebooted and it worked no issues rebooted again and its gone.

I think I have this sorted, I had to change the time settings to Transponder Time instead of NTP. I Rebooted a few times now and the EPG is loading (On my phone and laptop) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Is there any alternative to CROSSEPG? on every image I tried this will not load after a reboot and it brings the box to a halt, Without it the box fly's along no issues at all.

Some of the images (e.g. HDMU) have support for the Freesat EPG built in. Runs away in the background and populates the EPG after about 5-10 mins following power up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

So what is the best image to run on amiko alien 2 - open ATV, HDMU, Open PLi?

lsjmhar wrote: »
    So what is the best image to run on amiko alien 2 - open ATV, HDMU, Open PLi?

Hyperion 4, I've tried OpenAtv a few times but I always end up reverting. It will be great but needs more time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Is Hyperion the HDMU website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

My auto bouquets times out when downloading and wipes all my bouquets, I then have to re copy my bouquets back onto the boxing using dream box edit.

Can anyone tell me how I could tune UTV and STV into my existing bouquets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Seapoint wrote: »
    I mean - reboot to standby. I'm using the box simply as a VU+ server with XBMC clients. For whatever reasons, the box reboots every couple of days and plays RTE1 (or whatever channel it's set to start in) and therefore the clients can't use alternate transponders.

In hyperion 4
    blue panel
    system
    standby tools
    autodeep
    theres an option to startup to standby if thats any good to you
    Have not tried it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi, quick question - I bought a Sab Combo with Enigma installed - I like the machine so far with the exception of the channels - is it possible to organise the channels on the box? I have googled and can't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi, quick question - I bought a Sab Combo with Enigma installed - I like the machine so far with the exception of the channels - is it possible to organise the channels on the box? I have googled and can't find an answer. Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried dreambox edit

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Fellas, could anyone help me on how to connect my wifi on the Hyperion 4 image? Can seem to find anywhere for a search.
    Many thanks

Technofobe wrote: »
    Have you tried dreambox edit

That has come up a few times on Google - can I use this with my external hard drive?

That has come up a few times on Google - can I use this with my external hard drive?
    Dreamboxedit is for configuring your channel order and boquets on the box
    not really got anything to do with your hard drive

Dreamboxedit is for configuring your channel order and boquets on the box
    not really got anything to do with your hard drive

I know that's whats its for - I don't have the box connected to the Internet - I want to know can you do this with an external hard drive or any other way.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Fellas, could anyone help me on how to connect my wifi on the Hyperion 4 image? Can seem to find anywhere for a search.
    Many thanks
    Have you plugged in a wifi dongle to the usb port
    If so you can try
    menu
    setup
    system
    network
    network wizard

I know that's whats its for - I don't have the box connected to the Internet - I want to know can you do this with an external hard drive or any other way.
    The box does not need to be connected to the internet
    all you need is a pc and a network cable connected to the lan port on the rear of the box

The box does not need to be connected to the internet
    all you need is a pc and a network cable connected to the lan port on the rear of the box

Yes I have one of them. Do I use this with DreamBoxEdit - and how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Have you plugged in a wifi dongle to the usb port
    If so you can try
    menu
    setup
    system
    network
    network wizard

I have USB in, but network is just for LAN, found wireless in another direction but have made a mistake entering details and can't see where to delete now!! Lol

• Advertisement

Yes I have one of them. Do I use this with DreamBoxEdit - and how do you do it?
    Download & install dreambox edit
    Assign a fixed ip address to your box it will probably be under settings / network
    Assign a similar IP address to your pc
    So if you have 192.168.1.10 as your box & 192.168.1.15 as you pc
    connect your lan cable between the lan port on your box and the lan port of your pc
    open up dreambox edit
    go to options and put in the IP address that you gave the box
    google what the root password is for the sab enigma image that your using

in dreamboxedit go to file and ftp download
    this should retrive the current channell list and boquets from your box

in the right hand side of the program you can drag and drop the channels where you like
    when done save
    go to file upload and send it back to the box
    restart enigma
    and check

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement