Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers PrePaid MasterCard

• 03-02-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Sorry if it's a repost please feel free to close or move, mods.

The NEW Moneybookers MasterCard® card is ready for you – order it now!

With our new card, you can:

Access your Moneybookers funds anytime, anywhere
    Withdraw cash at cash machines worldwide
    Pay online and in stores
    Use your card everywhere MasterCard is accepted, that is 28.5 million locations around the world

There are no tie-ins, monthly fees or credit checks and you don’t even need a bank account to apply. We do not charge overdraft or late payment fees – you only spend what you top up!

Simply log in to your Moneybookers account to find out more and order your card.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Sorry if it's a repost please feel free to close or move, mods.

The NEW Moneybookers MasterCard® card is ready for you – order it now!

With our new card, you can:

Access your Moneybookers funds anytime, anywhere
    Withdraw cash at cash machines worldwide
    Pay online and in stores
    Use your card everywhere MasterCard is accepted, that is 28.5 million locations around the world

There are no tie-ins, monthly fees or credit checks and you don’t even need a bank account to apply. We do not charge overdraft or late payment fees – you only spend what you top up!

Simply log in to your Moneybookers account to find out more and order your card.

Link

Does it work to bypass Ryanair CC charges?????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

can't see it anywhere on the site, do you get a pysical plastic card or do you just use a card number generated on the website.

I see transfers from Laser are free which is handy.

If its easier to apply/activate than Neteller then this may just be better than Entropay.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

sounds like a good deal, will check it out.

Would this work when paying on Ryanair? Think it's no charge when paying with Prepaid Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

can't see it anywhere on the site, do you get a pysical plastic card or do you just use a card number generated on the website.

I see transfers from Laser are free which is handy.

If its easier to apply/activate than Neteller then this may just be better than Entropay.

There is no info on the site anywhere, but if you log into your account (with residence in Ireland or the UK) you will get an offer to apply for it.

You need to upload a scan of your id and might also be asked to provide proof of address.

You get a phyical card issued by Newcastle Building Society which most likley will mean (based on other experience) that it's coded as "prepaid" and allows you to avoid the Ryanair Charge.

Moneybookers are cheaper than rubycard, payzone etc. as you can load it for free from your laser card or bank account (to a bank account in Ireland) and from my experience the customer service (while slow) is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

found this on another website...

"received my card from moneybookers and used it for flights and guess what...it worked...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Do you need to pay the government stamp duty with these cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bah, you have to scan and send them your proof of id.. pain in the tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cionád wrote: »
    Do you need to pay the government stamp duty with these cards?

It states there is a 10e yearly charge for having the card.
    Doesn't mention anything about governement stamp duty. Dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like too much effort, when you can just walk into the Dundrum or Blanch centres and get one

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wildwest

The card costs 10 Euro a year but they dont tell you this until after you have uploaded your ID so I sent them a email to cancel it I allready have the Neteller card for free so not much point in paying 10 Euro for something I might never use.Their transaction fees seem to be less than Neteller so if you use them a lot you might make up the 10 Euro a year fees.

• Advertisement

wildwest wrote: »
    The card costs 10 Euro a year but they dont tell you this until after you have uploaded your ID

It states it very clearly on the information page under 'fees'.
    I haven't signed up and I've read about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What's the difference between them and THIS?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wildwest

Yes I seen that afterwards but there is no mention of it on the main page where you go to sign up its a bit sly if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

What's the difference between them and THIS?

-

For one, you can top it up without loading fees (laser, bank transfer).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It states it very clearly on the information page under 'fees'.
    I haven't signed up and I've read about it.

Not really. There seems to be a 10 euro application fee too that's not on the fees page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

nazoil wrote: »
    Not really. There seems to be a 10 euro application fee too that's not on the fees page

I seriously can't understand how people are giving out about not knowing what the fee's are.

Before you can apply for the card (i.e. upload your identification) it says clearly "The Moneybookers MasterCard application fee is EUR 10.00 , please ensure you have these funds available in your account to continue with your application."

On the same page where the application is there is a large breakout of FAQ, Fees and Limit and the Terms and conditions.

In fact all info one needs is on single page, one just need to click on the headline to get all the info.

There is an annual fee of 10€ (no stamp duty as this is a UK issued card), a card replacement fee of 10€, a cash withdraw fee of 1.80€ (max 250€ withdraw daily) and a currency conversion fee of 1.99%.

Loading via Lasercard or bank transfer is free, credit/debits card loads are 1.9%. Withdrays to your bank account or a visa card are 1.80€.

Neteller cards are free, cash withdraws are 4€, the currency conversion fee is 2.95%. Load via bank accounts are free, credit cards are 1.75%. Withdrawing money to your bank account is 7.50€.

So it really depends on what you want to do with the card.

I seriously can't understand how people are giving out about not knowing what the fee's are.

Before you can apply for the card (i.e. upload your identification) it says clearly "The Moneybookers MasterCard application fee is EUR 10.00 , please ensure you have these funds available in your account to continue with your application."

On the same page where the application is there is a large breakout of FAQ, Fees and Limit and the Terms and conditions.

In fact all info one needs is on single page, one just need to click on the headline to get all the info.

There is an annual fee of 10€ (no stamp duty as this is a UK issued card), a card replacement fee of 10€, a cash withdraw fee of 1.80€ (max 250€ withdraw daily) and a currency conversion fee of 1.99%.

Loading via Lasercard or bank transfer is free, credit/debits card loads are 1.9%. Withdrays to your bank account or a visa card are 1.80€.

Neteller cards are free, cash withdraws are 4€, the currency conversion fee is 2.95%. Load via bank accounts are free, credit cards are 1.75%. Withdrawing money to your bank account is 7.50€.

Good post.

Wish I could have a euro moneybookers as well as a $ one as I'll get charged 1.99% on withdawals for forgein exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

what r the fees for using to buy stuff online(i.e. ryanair flights) as thats the only thing i'd use one of these cards for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

suppafly wrote: »
    what r the fees for using to buy stuff online(i.e. ryanair flights) as thats the only thing i'd use one of these cards for

If you read the first couple of pages, you would have found the answer to your question.. but i'll save you having to do that :)
    Its free to use the card for purchasing ryanair flights.
    And you can topup your moneybookers account using your laser for free.

The monkeybookers card costs 10 euro per annum.
    (monkeybookers was a typo, but decided to leave it, as its got a little ring to it!!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone done a transfer from their laser card. . is it immediate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Bah, you have to scan and send them your proof of id.. pain in the tits.

No its not, ive had a moneybookers account for 1 year+ , it takes 24 hours to verify your account through a scanned passport. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

I noticed there is a spending limit of €1,000 per day.

If your balance is €2,300, do they still enforce the limit of €1,000?

What if you wanted to buy/pay for something online that cost €2,000 - is it still possible to use the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Has anyone done a transfer from their laser card. . is it immediate?

sure is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

Is this better than 3v?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

Moneybookers.com - Fees - Online Payments - Money Transfers

here is the fees page. there is no mention of card fees or yearly renewal fees. i think there are a couple of shillers posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I can't get into www.moneybookers.com all day, timing out. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

estreetb wrote: »
    Moneybookers.com - Fees - Online Payments - Money Transfers

here is the fees page. there is no mention of card fees or yearly renewal fees. i think there are a couple of shillers posting here

Card is available to people who have logged in and have their location set as Ireland.

Here's a copy of the fees and limits:
    =====================================
    FEES
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online:
    - FREE

Bank transfer top-up:
    - FREE

Receiving cash:
    - FREE

Balance enquiry:
    - FREE

Online statement:
    - FREE

PIN re-issue:
    - FREE

Foreign exchange:
    1.99%

Cash withdrawal:
    1.80 EUR

Annual card membership:
    10.00 EUR

Replacement Card:
    10.00 EUR

LIMITS PER DAY
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online:
    1000 EUR

Cash withdrawal:
    250 EUR

Note: Limits are subject to change depending on your account status. If your Moneybookers account currency is not in Euro, all fees and limits will be converted accordingly.
    =====================================

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

Do they send a physical card when you reg? €1.80 per withdrawl from atm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

ok thanks for that, so you have to sign up first and then apply for card

is the annual card membership 10euro on top of the 10euro purchase of card

Advertisement