Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter 2019/2020 - General Discussion

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Gonzo wrote: »
    I am glad to see the back of yet another crap winter. The only good thing is Sryan's lovely sunset photos.

A completely forgettable winter if you could even call it winter. Winter was a nasty continuation of the Autumn deluge and not much difference in temperature or variety. No northeries, no topplers, no easterly's, no real cold, no real warmth either. We deserve a few months break from the zonality at this stage, will we see it during Spring and Summer? I'm not so sure.

This winter was a 0/10 for me, time to move on and hope that next winter breaks the mild Atlantic domination even just for one week!
    I'd give it a 1.5/10, not comparable to the likes of 2015-16 and 2018-19. It's slightly better than 2016-17, which is a 1/10. We've had a long run of poor winters since 2013-14... 2014-15 and 2017-18 excluded. It's time to end this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep another crappy autumn/ winter.

I can take the cold but I realise after 6mths of practically non stop rain I'm not able for it. I also have found the amount of winds/storm weather through Jan/Feb headwreacking.

The only plus for me would be the lack of days with very icy roads which I do appreciate. I hit black ice about 10 years ago + thankfully I was ok as I drive slowly but I did go off the road which was scary + it does stay with you.

I have zero expectation about this spring/summer so I suppose any reduction in rainfall will be a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

Only saving grace this winter was a relatively calm Xmas. Other than that, good riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

We went up Caherconree today to get our snow fix. It was pretty cold up top around -2C.
    The windchill was very cold, forgot my gloves so had to throw on the spare socks instead.

Looking towards the Reeks
    49606666942_95730c37a7_b.jpg

Tralee Bay
    49606616661_d1f2879e90_b.jpg

Short vid of hail shower https://streamable.com/yjny2

Advertisement