Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12 months free Amazon Prime Video for eir broadband customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Mind-boggling that they still limit our selection. There are movies from last year that there is no legal way to rent/buy digitally, only hard copy.

It’s not their fault. It’s digital rights, which vary between regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Any idea anyone, how many devices can you register Prime on if you sign up with Eir, I can't seem to find the answer on the Eir webpage.

https://www.eir.ie/support/eirtv/amazon-prime-video-service/

Amazon Prime Video is a streaming service available to Amazon Prime members. There are a number of exclusive features available:

Unlimited entertainment on-demand
    Thousands of movies and TV series
    Award-winning Amazon originals
    Ad-free uninterrupted viewing
    Multiple users - on up to three screens at once
    Instantly watch or download for offline viewing (select titles available for download)
    Access actor biographies, soundtracks, trivia and much more with X-Ray
    Available to watch on a variety of devices - up to three simultaneously
    4K UHD

Short answer - any number - but can only watch on 3 devices at any one time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Can I watch this in the Fire stick here. Registered, but doesn't work, says something about wrong location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Logged into Amazon and it says my account is not eligible I have to be resident in Ireland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Can I watch this in the Fire stick here. Registered, but doesn't work, says something about wrong location.

If you have UK Firestick then Prime Video doesn't work on it. I open the Prime app on phone/tablet then cast it to the stick as a workaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Ah lads - anyone know how to sign up to this? Nothing on the Eir app and on the website version of my eir - I have no link bringing me to the set up page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Does this include membership to Amazon Prime itself or is it only for Amazon Prime Video? It would be good timing for Black Friday if it included Amazon Prime membership.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Does this include membership to Amazon Prime itself or is it only for Amazon Prime Video? It would be good timing for Black Friday if it included Amazon Prime membership.

Have you read the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Doh, apologies, missed the important answer in brackets!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Ah lads - anyone know how to sign up to this? Nothing on the Eir app and on the website version of my eir - I have no link bringing me to the set up page.

I tried calling Eir but gave up on a response from Customer "Support" after about 20 mins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

I'm an Eir broadband customer already. If i sign up to this does anyone know do I get tied into another 12 month contract of broadband. I'd asked them but it's hard to get hold of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭No Bills

I finally got through to a registration page. Signed in with my existing Amazon account and all seems to be working now.
    I think Eir have updated the Amazon Prime Video banner on the MyEir dashboard to include a link to the registration page.
    I also got the casting function to work once I turned on my Chromecast.
    The range of movies and TV does seem a bit limited. A few free films will be nice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Still getting this when I try to log in:

Activation error

This account isn’t eligible for this offer.

If not a Prime Video member, you must reside in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I was able sign up ok.
    Existing eir and amazon member.
    Something I actually want for ‘free’. I’m amazed!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Keith186 wrote: »
    If you have UK Firestick then Prime Video doesn't work on it.
    Really? Is this the case?

I've logged in etc but I'm getting an Error 5505 when I try to play content. As someone else said earlier it seems to be a location based issue.

I did buy my Firestick and Fire TV from the UK before the services were available here so I'm thinking your suggestion might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Really? Is this the case?

I've logged in etc but I'm getting an Error 5505 when I try to play content. As someone else said earlier it seems to be a location based issue.

I did buy my Firestick and Fire TV from the UK before the services were available here so I'm thinking your suggestion might be right.

Further to this, just been on to Amazon and they tell me that we can only use Prime on the International version of the Firestick here. I'm prob preaching to the converted on here - you lot probably already know this.

Anyway, here's the International version -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-International/dp/B01ETRGFA8/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Still getting this when I try to log in:

Activation error

This account isn’t eligible for this offer.

If not a Prime Video member, you must reside in Ireland.

Same for me, tried an existing amazon account and tried creating a new account...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

So far I’ve only managed to sign up for the eir tv app when I click on the amazon banner. No luck with amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Signed up and as per usual a fight with my Firestick with error 5501 which Amazon didn't really help me with.

Installed prime video on the phone and can then cast it to the Firestick anyway do much of a muchness really.

Will need to review if I cancel now will I still receive 11 months and 29 days or does it cancel immediately or set a reminder for next November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am seeing no amazon prime banner on myeir. Nowhere on the app does it mention prime.
    Anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Starlight11

I signed up for this as well and when I tried to watch season 5 of Vikings only 2 of the 10 episodes are available? Episode 5 and episode 7. Which is stupid. When I try to watch any of the others it says "video unavailable" wtf like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I have just been told by an eir customer services rep, that I can only watch this through the my eir website and not through the amazon prime tv app.. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

I’m watching on my chrome cast at the moment so you should be able to cast to any Devi ce on your network

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I have just been told by an eir customer services rep, that I can only watch this through the my eir website and not through the amazon prime tv app.. WTF?
    Watching on TV as we speak. I did set it up online though the MyEir. Part of the process takes you through to the Amazon site to log in. Took a few attempts but no issue since.

I signed up for this as well and when I tried to watch season 5 of Vikings only 2 of the 10 episodes are available? Episode 5 and episode 7. Which is stupid. When I try to watch any of the others it says "video unavailable" wtf like?
    I can see all of them and checked a few. That sounds like an access error not any blocking of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

is_that_so wrote:
    Watching on TV as we speak. I did set it up online though the MyEir. Part of the process takes you through to the Amazon site to log in. Took a few attempts but no issue since.

They said that it wasn't included that way and that I would be charged 5.99 a month if watching that way..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Can we watch Liverpool Everton on it on Wednesday?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    They said that it wasn't included that way and that I would be charged 5.99 a month if watching that way..
    Well, this is their How to page and it covers everything including TV.

https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/#how_to_prime

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

5g is banned in some countries.No way would i allow 5g into my home and risk the health of my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can we watch Liverpool Everton on it on Wednesday?

No not on the Irish Prime, Premier Sports have the rights to those games in Ireland.

Advertisement