Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maplin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

"Yer man scanned it at €13 euro after the 50% discount". So it would have been €26?!? I got one from Amazon recently for 6 quid delivered. Probably the same one.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Thats not Maplin giving you a bargain thats staff knowing they are gone from tomorrow not giving a sh1t anymore.

"Yer man scanned it at €13 euro after the 50% discount". So it would have been €26?!? I got one from Amazon recently for 6 quid delivered. Probably the same one.

Got them in Techpart Limerick for €3.50.
    Maplin were always 100% dearer and in general only sold to customers who were clueless about what they were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Anyone tell me if all stores are shutting down the same day? Could do with popping in to the Galway store, see if I can haggle prices of a few cables/converters im looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭ozmo

Is there a day yet set for the closIng?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

ozmo wrote: »
    Is there a day yet set for the closIng?

Monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Maplin will be returning as an online operation.

The name and domain name have been purchased by the Buy it Direct group. (laptopsdirect, appliancesdirect etc)
    http://www.buyitdirect.co.uk/

Suggests prices will drop but service level will be, er, em, no comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Had a peek through window today near Jervis, theres nearly nothing left.

Place in Limerick was handy for having a look around at the tech stuff. Clean, tidy, well stocked and plenty of room to wander around. God forbid I'd buy something though.........If I saw something good I'd go home and order it on Amazon for a sensible price. Nearly fell over when I saw they were also charging for their catalogue...think it was a tenner. I almost left with it expecting it to be free like in Argos. On the rare occasion I did purchase something then it would have to be like 80% off i.e the price for it online.

How the f*ck did they last as long as they did?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dog tired

Gonna miss Maplin. It was handy for items that you needed in a hurry or small cheap items and you didn't need anything else from Amazon to get the free delivery. But it was expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The one beside our office at St. Paul’s still has a week left. I picked up an akasa cooler for a fiver in Friday, nothing special but a bargain nonetheless. I’ll keep an eye next week as we’re refurbishing the living room so I may try and snag some coax and satellite cable on the cheap - theyve bundles on the stuff from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

anyone get any final day bargains so?

Advertisement