Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creative Summer Sale 25% - 30% off storewide @ Creative.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I miss their MP3 players, especially the original X-Fi series.

Oh, they had designers then..!

703835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah had one myself.

At one stage they looked like they (Creative) were about to become massive globally, then they fizzled.. Still some good stuff but wonder what happened. Were they bought over or have cuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Suckit wrote: »
    Yeah had one myself.

At one stage they looked like they (Creative) were about to become massive globally, then they fizzled.. Still some good stuff but wonder what happened. Were they bought over or have cuts..

Apple took the form factor of their mp3 players and *cough* improved it then marketed it to fook

When MS released Vista it brought in direct sound ( I think) which fooked Creative labs and most sound cards audio management

They never recovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

GobBass wrote: »

I originally had one of these...

10275041.jpg

Upgraded to this...

440x330_2.jpg

They were fantastic yokes.

Thanks a mil for the heads up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I had the original nomad zen, oddly enough the jack on it broke, oldest piece of technology in the damn thing.

I switched to cowon mp3 players after that, loved em despite their oddness

Kept my audigy sound card and front panel for years and years too, great piece of kit

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I had the original nomad zen, oddly enough the jack on it broke, oldest piece of technology in the damn thing.

I still have mine, looking at swapping out the hard drive. A guy on Facebook (Lee from VE) had his modded by a friend and forwarded me some info, but I mislaid it or it was removed. I only use FB to buy and for projects, so I don't really know what happened to it.
    Anyway, planning on getting it back and putting life back into the Nomad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

Still have my Zen, still using it. Tis great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how does a sound card compare to todays onboard sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

any decent cheap bluetooth speakers there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Have a muvo 2c myself best small speaker I have ever owned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Got one of the chrono alarm clocks, FM radio and Bluetooth speaker, also takes SD cards. Waterproof too so can use it in shower. 40 odd quid delivered. Cheaper than Amazon. Cheers op. Gave the muvo mini as a present few years ago and was impressed with the sound for such a compact and relatively cheap speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

You can actualy get 30% off with this code. SUMMERSW30

Had my eye on the on these headphones Aurvana Trio were €149 now down to €129 and with me 30% off €104. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Code is only working for me on things not already reduced?

Edit: it just happens to not be working on the iroad stuff I tried as theyre only pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

verycool wrote: »
    Upgraded to this...

440x330_2.jpg

Still have this, never use it, probably worth pennies as well now even if it's the 30GB model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ah, memories of the days before my phone could play music. Great yokes tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks, OP.
    Unfortunately, the Piano Keys are out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Anyone else having problems using the code? Trying to buy a pair of Aurvana Air (and it says they're eligible for the discount) but promo code won't apply to price at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems using the code? Trying to buy a pair of Aurvana Air (and it says they're eligible for the discount) but promo code won't apply to price at checkout.

Working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mp3. I bought a mini disc lads what a failed piece of tech that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

rob316 wrote: »
    Mp3. I bought a mini disc lads what a failed piece of tech that was.

I had a minidisc and then got a Sony Walkman that could read MP3's from a CD. Moved to a Creative Jukebox Creative_Nomad_Jukebox_%28DAP%29.jpg

Then ordered something exotic called an "iPod" from the US on something called eBay in 2002. They were some days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Tried various values in the code and seem that 35 actually worked

SUMMERSW35

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

GobBass wrote: »

703835.jpg

"Oh, it was a fine machine with a vulcanized rubber listening tube which you crammed in your ear."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks to OP and whoever posted the 35% off code, worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Any actual stand out products to buy with the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

karlyk1 wrote: »

Tried to apply the code to the Creative Live! Cam Connect HD that i saw on website reduced from 79.99 to 55.99
    Codes didn't worked at the checkout page, except for the SUMMERSW35 that was applied to the original price of 79.99, bringing the price down to 51.99
    Not a bad price for a webcam with onboard H.264 encoder , pity it does only 720p video

@offtopic : since many people cover the laptop webcam with paper/sticker, maybe the manufacturers will go back to laptops without webcams, or make a physical hardware button , to connect the webcam pins to motherboard when you need a video chat

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Yeah, figured out it doesn't apply to already discounted prices - just the original RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Skerries wrote: »
    how does a sound card compare to todays onboard sound?

It really is all about the quality of the digital analogue conversion.

If you are sending your sound to an external device digitally, like an AV AMP via HDMI or speakers/headset with Bluetooth, then a sound card will make no difference.

If you've analog speakers/headphones connected to the on board with 3.5mm jack then there will be likely some improvement if you use the analog output of the sound card instead. How much depends on how cheap the motherboard is and how good the speakers/headphones are.

If you've already a USB DAC it is the same thing effectively but a good soundcard will likely do a better job and have more outputs for 5.1 setups etc.

go4it wrote: »
    @offtopic : since many people cover the laptop webcam with paper/sticker, maybe the manufacturers will go back to laptops without webcams, or make a physical hardware button , to connect the webcam pins to motherboard when you need a video chat

Many come with cam covers now, and some pop up/out from the top in the AIO's mostly.
    You can buy covers too
    https://www.zapals.com/webcam-cover-for-smartphones-laptop-tablet-macbook-3pcs.html
    and for phone
    http://www.buyincoins.com/item/105877.html
    http://www.buyincoins.com/item/105875.html

I have everything covered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I had an issue where the webcam would start on my work laptop when I opened webex but I sorted that. Never had any other reason to cover them. Am I being naive or is everyone getting paranoid?

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Am I being naive or is everyone getting paranoid?

Probably both.:pac:

Advertisement