Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rye river.

• 17-06-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Has anyone fished this I saw that you can buy day tickets fairly cheaply. Was planning on going down tomorrow but all the rain might have put the river too high. Having read a bit about the river I've see that the river had been dredged and straightened is it still worth fishing I think it could throw up a few surprises.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

if this is the one that flows into the liffey i was looking at it a few days ago and it is dangerously low. could have gone up with the rain, but not guaranteed. year ticket is 50 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭jack01986

Thats the one, I might head down and give it a go see what I can get out of it.

in the places i looked i could see trout in every pool, nothing too big though.,

Thats sounds good to me, Ive been fishing the Dodder the last few weeks so wouldn't mind a bit of a change of scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

There are planty of trout in it alright but remember its a club water and you need to buy a day ticket or join the Leixlip and District angling association. The whole river is catch and release and barbless hooks only.

You can PM me if you want more details.

The river is well monitored by waterkeepers so please do not risk fishing it without a valid ticket or membership. Due to the well documented issues over the last few years with people keeping large numbers of fish on many Irish waters we watch it closely.

The liffey in the centre of leixlip is free fishing.

• Advertisement

tin79 wrote: »
    There are planty of trout in it alright but remember its a club water and you need to buy a day ticket or join the Leixlip and District angling association. The whole river is catch and release and barbless hooks only.

You can PM me if you want more details.

The river is well monitored by waterkeepers so please do not risk fishing it without a valid ticket or membership. Due to the well documented issues over the last few years with people keeping large numbers of fish on many Irish waters we watch it closely.

The liffey in the centre of leixlip is free fishing.

I was going to get a day ticket in the amenities centre in leixlip is that right? Might PM you later with some questions.

yes Jack, that is correct.

@tin, where abouts does the free fishing start from? i know its up as far as the rye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Yes you can get the tickets at the amenities centre. I think Pat Clinton in Lucan used to do then but not anymore I am told.

No problem PM anything you need.

Shblob the Liffey is free fishing from the Rye confluence all the way down to Lucan as far as i know,

From the bridge at the salmon leap pub down its tricky to access though as its private land most of the way on both banks. but as far as I can tell there is no current owner of the fishing rights. That goes for the linear park stretch too. I believe if you park down below the Spa Hotel and walk upstream it is currently free fishing (which is the linear park stretch)

I think from around the italian embassy down is dublin salmon and trout anglers owned.

I am not sure of where that starts exactly.

From the rye confluence on the Liffey up towards the Dam is a complete no angling area.

Dont forget its single barbless hooks only on the liffey due to the 2007 bye-law and no worm fishing is allowed on the liffey.

Advertisement