Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double USB sockets for €8.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Should be nationwide.
    It's on the Woodie's website too, €5 delivery*: https://www.woodies.ie/masterplug-2-gang-13a-switched-socket-with-2-x-usb-1133844

*"FREE delivery will be provided on all Orders in excess of €470." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭maik3n

It's on the Woodie's website too, €5 delivery*: https://www.woodies.ie/masterplug-2-gang-13a-switched-socket-with-2-x-usb-1133844

*"FREE delivery will be provided on all Orders in excess of €470." :pac:
    Are we getting crossed wires here (pardon the pun)

OP mentions a BG offer but the above link is for masterplug.
    I guess it's probably much the same anywho and Masterplug are a known/reputable brand. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

maik3n wrote: »
    Are we getting crossed wires here (pardon the pun)

OP mentions a BG offer but the above link is for masterplug.
    I guess it's probably much the same anywho and Masterplug are a known/reputable brand. :cool:
    The attached image in the OP says Masterplug with the product code 1133844 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I have a good few of these already in the house, they have them a long time at €10. Pretty good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭maik3n

Hi,
    BG brand Double USB sockets for €8.50 in Woodies Limerick in store.
    loads of stock
    Should be nationwide.
    3.1 Amps shared.
    Nice quality IMO.
    Bought 6.
    Pretty good reviews on amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Electrical-Double-Socket-sockets/dp/B01MZ2DRR9?th=1

th_72301_USBsockets_122_354lo.jpg
    The attached image in the OP says Masterplug with the product code 1133844 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Multiple wires crossed then. :p
    I probably should have checked the image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Spec sheet on it here
    https://www.bgelectrical.uk/public/downloads/data-sheets/usb/double-13-amp-socket-outlet-with-usb-charger-900-series.pdf

I wondered what the standby power was on these. claims to be <75mW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Will these replace the need to have a phone charger for tablets/phones?

I have quick chargers for Samsung notes/galaxy's.

I'm guessing these will slow charge them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Will these replace the need to have a phone charger for tablets/phones?

I have quick chargers for Samsung notes/galaxy's.

I'm guessing these will slow charge them?

Quick chargers are getting quicker, if you have a OnePlus 3 or later these will charge your phone at 1/4 of the speed of your normal charger.

For a galaxy it will charge at between 1/2 and 1/3 of the normal speed.

USB A is in the process of being phased out and being replaced by USB C. It's probably a while away but by 2025 you won't be able to use these. I think there are even some phones already that have USB C on both the phone side and the charger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

GarIT wrote: »
    I think there are even some phones already that have USB C on both the phone side and the charger side.

Pixel 2

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Pixel 2

Nest Outdoor iQ Camera has Type C both ends too. More devices should have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

This might be a stupid question but I thought I read this somewere - Do these USB sockets stop charging when your device is fully charged? And then the battery could drain? Unlike the quick chargers that keep it at 100%.

toby2111 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but I thought I read this somewere - Do these USB sockets stop charging when your device is fully charged? And then the battery could drain? Unlike the quick chargers that keep it at 100%.

That's controlled by your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Bought two of these to try out last time they were reduced to 8 euro in woodies, they seem fine but they are incredably slow compared to a fast charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I put one in the other day. Deffo not 3.1A. Very low power output= slow charging

ted1 wrote: »
    I put one in the other day. Deffo not 3.1A. Very low power output= slow charging

It is 3.1A split between the two ports, each port maxes out at 2A but some phones won't draw more than 1A or even 0.5A from a different brand charger than their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

GarIT wrote: »
    It is 3.1A split between the two ports, each port maxes out at 2A but some phones won't draw more than 1A or even 0.5A from a different brand charger than their own.

I reckon it’s only giving about .2A. The tablet even gives a message to say it’s connected to a low power charger. And I’ve never seen that before even with .5A

Advertisement