Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei Aolynk DR814 - Port Forwarding

• 04-07-2005 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Does anyone know how to forward ports on the Huawei Aolynk Dr814 router that Smart Telecom use? It would seem it's not as straight-forward as Esat or Eircom's routers. I just want to open a couple of ports to speed up traffic on Emule/Soulseek/BitTorrent etc for a friend. Just can't find the page on the router setup. Could it be "Security-Policy-Port Filters-Add TCP or UDP Filter"? If it is, what details do I fill in? It needs more information than the Eircom Netopia one and the BT one too. If this is the right page, it needs Source address (IP and Mask), Destination address (IP and Mask), Protocol, Source port, Destination port and Direction. Any ideas? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

EliCash wrote:
    Does anyone know how to forward ports on the Huawei Aolynk Dr814 router that Smart Telecom use? It would seem it's not as straight-forward as Esat or Eircom's routers. I just want to open a couple of ports to speed up traffic on Emule/Soulseek/BitTorrent etc for a friend. Just can't find the page on the router setup. Could it be "Security-Policy-Port Filters-Add TCP or UDP Filter"? If it is, what details do I fill in? It needs more information than the Eircom Netopia one and the BT one too. If this is the right page, it needs Source address (IP and Mask), Destination address (IP and Mask), Protocol, Source port, Destination port and Direction. Any ideas? Cheers!

Port Filters sounds like your man.

Source address should be your local PC address = 192.168.x.x (ipconfig for full IP)
    Mask = 255.255.255.0
    Destination = blank and mask = blank
    Protocol = tcp
    source = 6881-6889
    Destination = blank
    Direction outgoing.

Should work ok.
    Also look at Port Trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EliCash

Thanks man. I'll try that in a sec. Meant to say aswell that before I choose Port Filters, there's a choice of 3 interfaces with 2 columns that say Interface 1 and Interface 2. Row 1 has for Interface 1 - external, for Interface 2 - internal. Then Row 2 has for Interface 1 - external, for interface 2 - dmz. Row 3 has for Interface 1 - dmz and Interface 2 - internal. All 3 rows have a Port Filters button/link. Which one should I use? I saw Port Triggers there too. Should I only look at that if Port Filters doesn't work or do I need to do both anyway? Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Ive been trying to get a hold of a proper manual for that thing but cant find it.
    Did you try ringing Smarts Tech Support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Theres a manual on the cd that comes with it. I haven't looked at it for a while but it looked fairly comprehensive (helpful? not sure).

I've always used the external option for opening ports on this router. It works. Whether its strictly the most secure option I haven't investigated really. I'm not running any servers on this link so I don't need any sort of DMZ setup.

There should be some filters already setup on this so mimic the ones already there. I'm not at the router at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what the settings are. I just looked at what was there and played with it.

By the way if you do get it setup correctly make sure to save the changes as I managed to forget to do this twice and had to setup a load of ports again. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Alisha

did you get the router to work with emule? please could you explain to me how? i'm looking at setting but i really have no idea of what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I've been playing with my friends router (lucky git) and I think I have port forwarding solved. Assuming you have the wired one.

Login to your router
    Click under security
    Select Advanced NAT configuration
    Select Add Reserved Mapping
    Leave Global as 0.0.0.0 so it updates to your current IP
    Put your IP in internal
    Select type to whatever is needed.
    Put the port(s) required (the same in external and internal if your doing direct port mapping)
    Click save or whatever button is on that page.

I've had to call my friend (i'm sure he loved getting that call) to get that down and may have missed a piece, feel free to add to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Alisha

TimTim wrote:
    I've been playing with my friends router (lucky git) and I think I have port forwarding solved. Assuming you have the wired one.

that's it. you're my personal myth.
    I'm forever in your debt. I was driving crazy all my friends and the people living with me to get this to work, and now thanks to your tip it does!
    thank you SO MUCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 begad

Hi....I was wondering if someone could help me...I just got set up with smart tel today and i'm completely new to this router stuff...I was wondering if someone could post a step by step guide as I just can't get this port forwarding thing at all...for example how do i find out what my IP address is and what ports do i forward...any help you be really appreciated...cheers...I'm running windows 2000 if that matters....

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

begad wrote:
    Hi....I was wondering if someone could help me...I just got set up with smart tel today and i'm completely new to this router stuff...I was wondering if someone could post a step by step guide as I just can't get this port forwarding thing at all...for example how do i find out what my IP address is and what ports do i forward...any help you be really appreciated...cheers...I'm running windows 2000 if that matters....

Depends on what you want to forward, look up to a previous post of mine, It explains how to do port forwarding on the smart router

HiTim Tim....do you know what pervious post of yours I should look at.....there are instructions in this post but I don't really know what to do....I just want to increase my speeds when on bit torrent and emule....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

begad

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/SMARTAX-MT-800/default.htm

This step-by-step walkthrough should help you out.
    Im not sure if its the same router as you have...but the GUI of routers rarely change much.

Cheers for the info Zuma....i'll give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

when I follow timtim's advice, once i've added the entry, instead of saying it'll forward what i want (port 2595-2595, on both counts), it says it's forwarding ports 0 to 0.

what?

can anyone help? i'm at my wit's end here :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

aha. found the problem. :)

thanks timtim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redcore

is there any freebsd driver for aolynk d814 (smart telecom provider)?
    if yes - where can i download it.

plz.
    thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 thenacker

Hi Lads,
    i have followe your instruciions to forwar the TCP and UDP port 4662 and 4672 for Amule (I have a macbook) but i got this error:

Error
    An error occurred while processing the form.

Showing all events
    (most recent events last; times are since last reboot, or real time if available):

Time Event
    6 days, 06:54:47 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 06:55:35 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 06:57:17 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 06:57:45 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 07:19:54 webserver:NAT enabled!
    6 days, 07:19:54 webserver:Security not disabled!
    6 days, 07:20:15 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 07:20:57 webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0
    6 days, 07:30:10

Can you please help me??????

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pigck29

There are instructions in Smarttelecom forum. Hope they can help u;)

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 thenacker

pigck29 wrote: »
    There are instructions in Smarttelecom forum. Hope they can help u;)

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=169

Thanks!
    Sorted. I found out that ther problem were two:
    1. the brower che give this problem. I tryied with Firefox and it works.
    2. I have a router + a APPLE AIRPORT. I tried diconnecting Airport base and using the new IP and it worked!

I have opened the ports TCP / UDP for Amule. Finally i have an HIGH ID with amule.

Thanks

Advertisement