Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

Have this machine, can't recommend enough.

Really tempted to pull the trigger on this. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Pique wrote: »

NO REASON

Have one for years, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

OP here.
    It's still belting away 5 years later, no issues. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I bought one. Couldnt resist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

NO REASON

Have one for years, no issues at all.
    Sub430 wrote: »
    OP here.
    It's still belting away 5 years later, no issues. :)

Ah screw it! :D

Pique wrote: »

Not unless you turn into a tea-only drinker, no. :pac:

I bought one. Couldnt resist

You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

I have one a few months now and I just cant seem to get the settings to make a nice cup .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Any recommended YouTube videos to watch on using the machine correctly to get a nice cup? We got one at work recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

I got the following in DID last black Friday for the same price but in white. Excellent machine and it looks very smart too with the touch screen.

https://www.did.ie/delonghi-infinissima-1-8l-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-silver-black-ecam350-153b-ecam350-153b-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

dor843088 wrote: »
    I have one a few months now and I just cant seem to get the settings to make a nice cup .

Similar, I've been using different beans the whole time as a result.

What settungs are recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Esse85 wrote: »
    Similar, I've been using different beans the whole time as a result.

What settungs are recommended?

It really depends on what you like. I have the coffee dial set to max, water dial a little below half way and I hit to 1 cup option twice and then top up with hot water. Gets me a consistent strong Americano.

I use those double walled cups/glasses as I like to keep it hot and usually too lazy to heat the milk. Swirl the initial shot of water to warm the glass.
    Coffee and water dials both to max, press 1 cup, add a little milk, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I've also moved the 'grind dial' inside the bean compartment when I change bean brand. It makes a big difference to the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

For anyone looking to improve the taste, you need to identify the problem. It's usually over/under extraction. This is a useful tool for dialling in your beans:

https://baristahustle.com/blog/the-coffee-compass/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My one is just over a year old guys and the last 3 days I've noticed lots of loose grounds next to the puc container and all around the brewing unit.

They're not broken pucs either that have hit off the edge and fallen but perfect grounds and a lot of them.

Has anyone experienced this?

I took the brewing unit out and cleaned it and gave the inside a good cleaning but it's still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

It really depends on what you like. I have the coffee dial set to max, water dial a little below half way and I hit to 1 cup option twice and then top up with hot water. Gets me a consistent strong Americano.

Can you pour hot water from this, or do you top up with a kettle?

Can you pour hot water from this, or do you top up with a kettle?

If you open the steam wand shout pressing the steam button it will provide hot water, but I prefer to use a kettle for Americanos.

• Advertisement

• My one is just over a year old guys and the last 3 days I've noticed lots of loose grounds next to the puc container and all around the brewing unit.

They're not broken pucs either that have hit off the edge and fallen but perfect grounds and a lot of them.

Has anyone experienced this?

I took the brewing unit out and cleaned it and gave the inside a good cleaning but it's still happening.

im reading all the flawless reviews and its killing me, this has been happening me ever since i bought it :(

ive done everything except taken the brew unit apart/changed 'O' rings/relubed, but that looks like my next option

im reading all the flawless reviews and its killing me, this has been happening me ever since i bought it :(

ive done everything except taken the brew unit apart/changed 'O' rings/relubed, but that looks like my next option

De Longhi have a support line. Worth giving them a call.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/customer-experience/contact-us-

• stimpson wrote: »
    De Longhi have a support line. Worth giving them a call.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/customer-experience/contact-us-

im working with amazon at present, had called delonghi before but being ROI made it tricky (if im honest i cant remember what the problem was)

thread of many satisfied users has prompted me to attempt to get it sorted again so thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Got it today. Love it. Got a really nice cup after a few tries with ok beans so really happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

The re-lube step will probably fix it. It might ruin your target ads when you are googling lubricant for a coffee machine :D.

You could buy a new diffuser kit as well (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000U1OS0C)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Had mine nearly 3 years think I paid 180 euros from the amazon warehouse.

Probably one of the best gadgets I have ever bought get used daily. Makes amazing coffee compared to say a nespresso. Costs barely anything to run

Just a pain in the ass to clean out inside I use a small handhld hover to hover up the grinds.

Prob get about 2 months if not 3 out of a kg bag of coffee I store my beans in the fridge.

But if anyone is ever looking at buying one I will say hands down buy one you won't regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

Hey
    can someone please share the link of how to set up on youtube? got it last year, have not open the box yet ( i no - dont ask me why)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    The re-lube step will probably fix it. It might ruin your target ads when you are googling lubricant for a coffee machine :D.

You could buy a new diffuser kit as well (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000U1OS0C)

Just looking at buying food safe lube to fix mine, someone recommended cooking oil and have a small brush to apply it, just wondering would that work as I don't want to risk it?

My personal tips....

Lavazza Rossa is a solid non-"craft roaster" bean option for these imo.

1kg on offer in Tesco periodically for €12. (normally €16). otherwise amazon etc

grinder set to number 3 or a tiny bit less

set the temperature to max (consult manual)

right coffee bean dial to max

left dial to taste for dilution ( I go about 1pm)

have to use the frother wand really to get the full effect imo

run water out of the wand at start after steam light is not flashing anymore as first little bit comes out as water, not steam

after frothing turn steam off and run water for 7 seconds or so to cool down machine for reuse or to turn off

better making all the coffees first then steaming the milk due to this.

a 200 to 300ml stainless steel jug best for the milk frothing

low fat milk froths better than full fat. (that's what coffee shops use)

• Advertisement

don't get too excited. they just send you a couple/three bags of bang-average-to-bad coffee beans and a descaler sachet.

by the way citric acid powder (10g for a water tank dissolved in warm water) is the easiest and cheapest safe option to use.

Advertisement