Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

I rang Argos in limerick and they aren’t taking pre orders at all but it’s first come first serve they said

So will Argos be a reserve on the crack of midnight release day then? Might have a chance with them if I can beat the bots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I put 50 quid down in Gamestop a couple of months ago just in case. I'm 99% sure I won't get a shipment this side of Christmas but I will post here if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    They are removing adds daily!

Thats because you cant sell preorders - not because of their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Anyone know is it possible to change delivery address with Smyths? Maybe I'm blind but I can't see the option on their site. Would rather have it delivered to my work incase it doesn't get delivered to my house on release date

Is unlikely you'll get it delivered on release Day if you choose home delivery, more like the following day. That's why collecting from the store is the more desirable option

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Does anyone expect some of the smyths orders to be cancelled , could it be possible they oversold like amazon us? i have my preorder and it's in my order history but terrified that it might get cancelled , i was refreshing so much trying to get the website to cooperate .

No, they haven't oversold. They were set to close the preorder window once the allocation had been met

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

scottigael wrote: »
    So will Argos be a reserve on the crack of midnight release day then? Might have a chance with them if I can beat the bots

The way its worked before is their system gets updated around about an hour after their shops close. So if they close at 8 on the Wednesday you should be able to order one for collection some time after 9pm.

I've done it before for game releases on a Friday, was able to order at 10pm on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I always laugh when I hear outrage about people scalping.

People realise you could preorder since June, right? I mean, that was 3 months ago. If you haven’t one, it’s because you left it till the last minute.

You couldn't really pre-order in June. The only place taking "pre-orders" were Gamestop who were seemingly taking an endless list of their €50 pre-orders, with no actual numbers for day 1. They could have gone through that list over the past few months, I know the 3 times I've been there the past year I've been asked if i wanted to get my name on the list, so they were pushing it

People here will realise you could pre-order and the best ways to do that, many others won't and will panic in the lead up to Christmas and pay whatever they have to.

If a 20 or 30 something year old lad buying for himself was to pay over the odds then I wouldn't have an awful lot of sympathy and they won't make up the cases paying the scalpers for the majority of cases

But the 40 or 50 year old parent who you can't really expect to know the best way to ensure getting it at RRP in time for Christmas, they're being taken advantage of

You might say that's capitalism and the way the world works, but it's the worst form of it, greed and profit at all costs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Is ps5 doing a bundle like before with ps4 when you get a game with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

Danny552 wrote: »

This exact thought stopped me from trying to pre order on the first pre order release. Despite my wife's pushing to pre order.
    I just assumed they'll be bundles with games included we could choose.
    Oh how very wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Danny552 wrote: »

Won't be anything like that for the foreseeable, maybe in mid 2021 when stock is stable you might see PS5 + select game for €550, but there's no business need for it now, they're going to sell regardless and people ain't going to buy it alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭brevity

I think the PlayStation Plus has a load of games with it for PS5 buyers.

I don’t have a PS4 so I will be kept busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone know how much store credit gamestop give for ps4 pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

They give you €250 credit if your level 3 €275 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

People realise you could preorder since June, right? I mean, that was 3 months ago. If you haven’t one, it’s because you left it till the last minute.

The only place you could preorder from June was Gamestop. And those people apparently haven't even been told yet if their order is secured. (Which is silly imo, because surely they are ahead of everyone who ordered last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

€2 but it has to have a recently released AAA game with it, €3.25 in store credit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You could preorder since June with the most unreliable retailer in Ireland. And then there were essentially two one hour windows with Ireland's other key retailer supplemented by a few other Irish retailers where all over the place. One of those two windows was in the middle of the night, unannounced.

So you're just so wrong. On so many levels. And trying to pin it on buyers is shïtty and wholly incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

loughrey wrote: »
    Is unlikely you'll get it delivered on release Day if you choose home delivery, more like the following day. That's why collecting from the store is the more desirable option

Thanks, delivery was the only option when I ordered during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

Looking at some games to get,
    Ordered doom eternal for ps4 as there is free upgrade to ps5. Ps5 game for 24e. Are there any other games that would be worth getting?
    Got of war?
    Spiderman?

I saw miles morales is 80 but that comes with spider man. Is this good or piss poor deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

dan786 wrote: »
    Their rules allow it. Profiteering is allowed.

That's what I mean. It is called out but allowed.

Profiteering: Attempting to sell an item above the Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
    Adverts.ie is a community marketplace and does not encourage profiteering.
    We will not however remove the listing and we leave it up to the buyer to decide on whether to make an offer or not.

padair wrote: »
    Ordered doom eternal for ps4 as there is free upgrade to ps5. Ps5 game for 24e. Are there any other games that would be worth getting?
    Got of war?
    Spiderman?

I saw miles morales is 80 but that comes with spider man. Is this good or piss poor deal?
    it a good deal because it come with all the Dlc for spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

rob808 wrote: »
    it a good deal because it come with all the Dlc for spiderman.

Is there good content in dlc?

Is there good content in dlc?
    yea there decent enough I enjoy spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's what I mean. It is called out but allowed.

Profiteering: Attempting to sell an item above the Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
    Adverts.ie is a community marketplace and does not encourage profiteering.
    We will not however remove the listing and we leave it up to the buyer to decide on whether to make an offer or not.

Ad was removed anyway. So they are acting on it. Plus selling something you don't actually have is a bit sketchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Got of war?
    Spiderman?

There is a list of all games confirmed to have free upgrade here:
    https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ad was removed anyway. So they are acting on it. Plus selling something you don't actually have is a bit sketchy.

I looked on eBay. Full of confirmed orders going for £500-600+ .

I'd like one launch day but if I don't have it I don't mind enough to pay over the odds.

.G. wrote: »
    The way its worked before is their system gets updated around about an hour after their shops close. So if they close at 8 on the Wednesday you should be able to order one for collection some time after 9pm.

I've done it before for game releases on a Friday, was able to order at 10pm on the Thursday.

I’ll try this the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It doesn't seem to be limited to Ireland, US, watching some youtube vids, was a clusterféck too today for their 2nd batch as well. Overpriced bundles or queue for 2+ days outside a B&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Starting to get nervous that my 4k TV with 50/60HZ refresh rate won't be adequate enough for this. Is anyone buying a new TV or monitor to go with their new console.

Starting to get nervous that my 4k TV with 50/60HZ refresh rate won't be adequate enough for this. Is anyone buying a new TV or monitor to go with their new console.
    There won't be that many 120HZ games and even if there are they be 1440p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Same 1080p tv I've had for the past 11 or 12 years.
    Have thought of a new tv but will see down the road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement