Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Classic €36.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

is there a PS2 classic planned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone interested in getting this, wont find it much cheaper, hence the bargain.

Right but my point is that: "not only is it a bargain, but it's also a GOOD thing to buy with your money and worth the money"

I took your post to mean "if it's cheap it's a bargain... doesn't matter if it's good or not"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Is everyone seeing that there's no stock available and it won't be until next week?

I'm seeing this in all stores near me (Dublin), and then out of stock when I try to reserve. Guessing you lot have reserved them all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

recyclops wrote:
    36 euro for the ability ( with very little technical knowledge) of being able to play the entire ps1 back catalogue is a bargain if you ask me.

Wait until you play it... It's terrible.

Much better going with the NES mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Supcycle

pah wrote: »
    As an aside.......

Why is the Irish site such muck compared to the UK one

UK one is great for reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Kolido wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point of this bargain alert. Sure there are other ways to play ps1 games, for free even, but the bargain is regarding this particular device. You won't get it much cheaper brand new at this time, so yeah, it is a bargain. Whether you think its worth the money is not really the point

A smart person would buy two; one for playing and one for putting up in the attic, forgotten about, then get a nice return from the investment 50 years from now when they're worth more than gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

A mint PS1 will be worth money. These? Never. I'm getting one to mod like the NES and SNES mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Are the joypads same quality as the original controllers?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Asus X540L wrote: »

No

• Advertisement

It looks like a stellar machine for running Retroarch (MAME / NEO GEO / Dreamcast / SNES / Megadrive etc etc)

https://youtu.be/kF0xi4qrSmU?t=601

Ironically you can also play PS1 games via this method and the Retroarch emulator does a better job at running the games at the proper framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Asus X540L wrote: »

Yes they are, the exact same as the original ones.

What they should have done however is release it with the analogue controllers.

I've never collected a reservation of a "sold out" product from Argos before... should I assume that they will have it in stock on the dates they specify on the reservation, or do you get a notification via email when it's ready for pick up?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've never collected a reservation of a "sold out" product from Argos before... should I assume that they will have it in stock on the dates they specify on the reservation, or do you get a notification via email when it's ready for pick up?

If you don't have a 6 digit reservation code it's not reserved and you won't be able to get it, their system is a bit crap that way. If you've got the code they'll be holding one for you

If you don't have a 6 digit reservation code it's not reserved and you won't be able to get it, their system is a bit crap that way. If you've got the code they'll be holding one for you

yeah I got a code (I think the only way you can get a reservation email is having a code?) ... ok grand I'll pop in on the first day mentioned in the email

mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah I got a code (I think the only way you can get a reservation email is having a code?) ... ok grand I'll pop in on the first day mentioned in the email

Sometimes you can click through to reserve and it'll say sold out, and send you a blank email. Then they don't have it. That was happening loads to me last week with these but sounds like you got through OK, they'll definitely have it and will hold it for the two days mentioned :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I bought one Friday and sold it in CeX on Saturday. I hacked it but all the faffing around getting a compatible USB annoyed me. Also there's no wifi or ethernet so to add games it's all very tedious in my opinion. Main thing that struck me was that they were actually charging €100 for this a few months ago. In my opinion it was very very basic and worth about €20.

VanZan wrote: »
    I bought one Friday and sold it in CeX on Saturday. I hacked it but all the faffing around getting a compatible USB annoyed me. Also there's no wifi or ethernet so to add games it's all very tedious in my opinion. Main thing that struck me was that they were actually charging €100 for this a few months ago. In my opinion it was very very basic and worth about €20.

I'll actually be chuffed to play MGS and Res Evil 1 on the default setup.

That alone will be worth asking price for me.

Will Autobleem it later though and prob just make it a Mame machine... need my Willow fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

VanZan wrote: »
    I bought one Friday and sold it in CeX on Saturday..
    How much did you get for a hacked PSC from CEX?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Just reserved one in Letterkenny. Not sure if I want it yet or not though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks OP. Picked one up today. Will be a good fathers day gift for the aul lad

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Seem sold out in Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Thanks OP. Picked one up today. Will be a good fathers day gift for the aul lad

and now I feel old.

Great.

and now I feel old.

Great.

Imagine how I felt when kids were buying the NES Classic for their granddad

Just picked this up. The box is a hell of a lot bigger than the NES / SNES Classic boxes... just in case you were planning on toting it in your handbag / manbag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone want a code for Mahon Point Cork? Available to collect until tomorrow 22nd.
    1st reply gets it and I will PM

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Haha he's actually not old he's only 46. Had me young!

I wouldn't have minded one myself but can just try his :)

Picked up one yesterday in Blackpool cork
    If and when I'm open it is another story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I had one ordered for collection in Waterford. I received the notification that it was available yesterday.
    After reading some of the comments on here, I wasn't going to bother collecting it... I am so glad I decided to give it a go.

I think it's great. Autobleem took nothing to setup as I have a compatible sd card and a whole back catalogue is open to me, but what I wasn't expecting was that Destruction Derby is included. It's one of the games I bought with my PS on releases in 95. And it has 2 pads... Fricken sweet.

I'm sorted.
    Now I have to dig up Warhawk and Crazy Ivan... and Air Combat.

Thanks OP.

A great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Collected one last night in Galway,modded this morning with 102GB games wich I have for years on my PC.Im also using ps3 controller with 8bitDo adapter and its f.ckin great for 36€ .All games I loaded are Us NTSC with 60fps and they look and play fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Just pick one up in Tallaght Cheers OP!

Advertisement