Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a graphics Card in Ireland.

• 16-01-2005 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

I've searched in alot of places around the country and all I see are either Radeons in the 7000-8000 range or nVidia Geforce FX5200s.

Where in Ireland can you buy decent (Radeon 9800 Pro 256-bit or better)
    graphics cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Where have you tried so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You will find it hard to get prices comparable to online on the high street.

e.g. 9800Pro 128mb €300 - http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?q=9800&search=Search

9800Pro 128mb €202 - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=122901&cks=PRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

why dont you buy online is it because you dont have a credit card?
    if so i think www.jes.de do payment by bank transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭smorton

maplin electronics in the blanchardstown centre and jervis street stocks a 9800 pro. but its not in stock at the moment. you'd have to order it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How much are they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it would probably be better to get a 6600gt
    normaly 200 euro online, i dont know how much irish shops would charage though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭smorton

iirc the 9800 pro is 296 but i cud be wrong. id recommend getting it off komplett where its 205 tbh. Unless you want to come to maplin and help increase my commision :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

smorton wrote:
    iirc the 9800 pro is 296 but i cud be wrong. id recommend getting it off komplett where its 205 tbh. Unless you want to come to maplin and help increase my commision :D

jeez 296 i paid 195 with Jes last summer - you do not need a credit card to order of Jes Computers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You'd be mad to buy it on the mainstreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You'd be mad to buy it on the mainstreet.

Absolutely. If you have a credit card, there's loads of stores in the UK/Europe you can buy from. If you don't have a credit card, maybe a friend or relative will help you out, or you can order from Jes.de (bank transfer).

If you buy something on the mainstreet in Ireland it's going to be outdated and expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement