Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dubbed Irish tv shows

• 11-01-2019 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

dia dhuit

Just a quick question, can anyone recommend any tv shows that are dubbed or fully in Irish?

I do watch Ros na Rún a bit but I was looking for something more in the line of Anime or animation. Just something leaning towards a slightly more adult audience, but that the language is simple enough that I can keep up.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

dia dhuit

Just a quick question, can anyone recommend any tv shows that are dubbed or fully in Irish?

I do watch Ros na Rún a bit but I was looking for something more in the line of Anime or animation. Just something leaning towards a slightly more adult audience, but that the language is simple enough that I can keep up.

thanks in advance!

I haven’t seen anime on TG4 but below is one animation that is aimed at adults but has advanced language.

http://www.tg4.ie/ga/clair/an-beal-bocht/

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Dia as Muire daoibh.

I'm a beginner. I suspect that a decent strategy (for me anyway) is to
    1. Record any programmes that may be of interest to me.
    2. Play. Attempt to obscure any English sub-titles with sheet of paper at bottom of TV screen.
    3. Listen and repeat silently to self, pause.
    4. Replay as often as is necessary.

The different word order between Irish and English makes viewing the sub-tltles very distracting.

Interested to hear of any other strategies.

Ádh mór oraibh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

Iderown wrote: »
    Dia as Muire daoibh.

I'm a beginner. I suspect that a decent strategy (for me anyway) is to
    1. Record any programmes that may be of interest to me.
    2. Play. Attempt to obscure any English sub-titles with sheet of paper at bottom of TV screen.
    3. Listen and repeat silently to self, pause.
    4. Replay as often as is necessary.

The different word order between Irish and English makes viewing the sub-tltles very distracting.

Interested to hear of any other strategies.

Ádh mór oraibh!

Good plan - I found watching TG4 very helpful learning the language

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Clar "an klondike" ar netflix i mbearla ach nil ios agam ceard a bhfuil an chlar i ngaeilge. Is e clar an a mhaith agus feicim me aris nuair a ios agam conas a bhfaccan e i gaeilge.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Má fhéachann tú ar na cláracha ar an seinnteoir ar-líne, is féidir na fotheidil a mhúchadh.

You have the option of switching the subtitles off when you view on-line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Jokes aside, but Spongebob on TG4 is very good for picking up some usefull conversation skills and as others say just cover the subtitles

21/25

Advertisement