Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    sure what are fancy flowers without chocolates!

56abb90e51eda_56abb7d360647_1203141672.jpg

Did you eat one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fizzy jellies that are not very fizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Had an appointment in the wound clinic for 8am to get my stitches out. Arrived at ten to and it's one of those stupid take-a-number systems and I'm 16. What in God's name is the point of giving you an appointment???

It’s probably next to impossible to give everyone an exact time at these clinics, so they give time in tranches. The patient consultation times can widely vary. Any appointment time you’re given for virtually any clinic, many people have been given the exact same time. It used to annoy me but I think that if a better system was available, they’d use it.

To put things in perspective, I saw a doc in the onc ward yesterday who gave me the go-ahead for me to get my chemo. The chemo and pre-meds all in only take a half hour to administer but I had to wait for FIVE hours for the chemo to be sent up from the pharmacy. I was in hospital for eight hours and only about an hour in total of that time was contact time with staff (taking of bloodwork, talking to doctor, getting pre-meds and chemo). This is the norm - weekly hospital visits, usually around eight hours in the hospital, seven of those sitting or lying there twiddling your thumbs. Getting out in less than five hours would have me whopping with joy. And I’m usually fatigued to begin with. One week, I even had a bone marrow biopsy sprang on me. Traumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Home wrote: »
    What I meant was that the picture made them look waaaaay bigger than they are in actual fact, or made them look like they're full of chocolate chips when they really aren't.

Have you ever tried Bolands cookies? They're only €1 and they are gorgeous, but I'm finding it harder and harder to get them in the shops.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you ever tried Bolands cookies? They're only €1 and they are gorgeous, but I'm finding it harder and harder to get them in the shops.

I can't remember if I did, but they're on my lust list now. I'm still pining for some double orange chocolate chip cookies Supervalu used to have in their luxury range the guts of 10 years ago. Maaaaaaaan. One of them probably had as many calories as two large pizzas, but maaaaaaan...

Oh, and, Northgirl? I bet that b*tch sent those flowers to herself. And happy birthday, too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭valoren

At work they replaced the cubicle doors in the toilet.

When you close it from inside the outer latch goes from green to red i.e. someone's inside making hoop soup. That's what it should do.

However, the people who changed the doors didn't do a basic test after installation and now when the door is locked it is showing green and when it's open it is red. All week, people have been coming in and barging into the cubicle thinking it's open but bouncing off it because it's actually closed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

valoren wrote: »
    All week, people have been coming in and barging into the cubicle thinking it's open but bouncing off it because it's actually closed.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Need to learn to blow on my food when it’s too hot and not chew it like “hasafashafasssha”while simultaneously burning every part of my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Seeing a lovely 171 BMW that hasn’t been taxed in 6 months. If you can’t afford the tax, don’t have such a big car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Might be recently bought Kitty, the diesel ones are relatively cheap to tax. Then again some will chance anything

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

northgirl I hope that rotten girl's bouquet is full of earwigs. Wishing you a happy 40th this weekend :)

TA, drained by family members, feeling so impatient with them and then feeling guilty for it. Vicious circle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Might be recently bought Kitty, the diesel ones are relatively cheap to tax. Then again some will chance anything

Fair point, that could be true too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

fcking stand-up adverts, and sign posts at the exit of petrol stations.

blocking your view when driving out onto the road.

i want to see the road, not your **** about 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

valoren wrote: »
    At work they replaced the cubicle doors in the toilet.

When you close it from inside the outer latch goes from green to red i.e. someone's inside making hoop soup. That's what it should do.

However, the people who changed the doors didn't do a basic test after installation and now when the door is locked it is showing green and when it's open it is red. All week, people have been coming in and barging into the cubicle thinking it's open but bouncing off it because it's actually closed.

Great when you beat a rival pooper though.

Their panicked twisting of the handle and the curses.

Ahh, yes. Sympathy. But would you not have denied me?

I expect so.

There can be only one.

It is mine all mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭valoren

greencap wrote: »
    Great when you beat a rival pooper though.

Their panicked twisting of the handle and the curses.

Ahh, yes. Sympathy. But would you not have denied me?

I expect so.

There can be only one.

It is mine all mine.

https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/99465667/Old-man-cup-of-coffee

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going to an all you can eat buffet[Globel]and only chinese dishes there and the dim sum not even ready.

It wasnt even that nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Can't stop dancing show cringeyness rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Why do people breathe louder when they've headphones in?
    Murderous rage..... up there with chewing loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Keira Knightley's face

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Keira Knightley's face

Ruth Negga is my irritant .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

colleague at work clipping nails... do it at home!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    colleague at work clipping nails... do it at home!

Ewwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    sure what are fancy flowers without chocolates!

56abb90e51eda_56abb7d360647_1203141672.jpg

Does anyone else see the penis-shaped one? It’s literally the first thing that sprung to my mind. Hey-oh!
    Happy birthday Northgirl.
    That asshat could’ve sent herself the flowers. Or, the guy that sent them did it cos he’s cheating on her and she found out when she realised she had chlamydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Oh right, my TA.
    Somebody on facebook shared a video of some guy in a black fleece with something FITNESS written on it, giving out about Slimming World.
    His whole demeanour was just so disgusting, he had this insanely punchable face, and every time he paused for effect he chewed the gun in his gob. I dunno, I just got so irrationally annoyed at it. Another one of the 8 million Personal Trainers with only two spaces left at this price, buck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Does anyone else see the penis-shaped one?.

That’s Boom getting his Bab out :)

Happy Birthday North Girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

last year I got 3 cakes for my birthday, this year... 0! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Happy Birthday Northgirl. I hope you can find some joy in it even though milestone birthdays can be tough if you aren't where you'd like to be or thought you would be. Be kind to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy birthday NG.

TA that I woke up in the middle of a dream & never got to the happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happy birthday NG.

TA that I woke up in the middle of a dream & never got to the happy ending.

I can give you that happy ending ;)

I want to stay in bed all day and I'm TA'd that I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

At sporting events; when some of the great unwashed see themselves on the big scree, and they then start waving at the big screen. How can I break this to you folks, it's the camera that's filming you, not the big screen. Capisce?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement