Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

One thing I've learned since the price of oil collapsed is that there is an oil futures market. Am I right in saying that the price of crude oil for june was already agreed upon by producers?
    If these prices were publicised or made more easily available all the time wouldnt the consumer have a better insight into what prices were coming down the track for the refined products such as petrol, diesel and kero??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Geuze wrote: »
    The GP were not in Govt last year.

No, but they were when carbon tax was introduced initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Darc19 wrote: »
    Care to explain?

I think they might be implying that when transport fuel costs will also vary with general oil prices changes. That said the variation is far less on diesel at the pump than on kerosene, but thats the only correlation I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Darc19 wrote: »
    Care to explain?

Sorry, but I don’t have the time, motivation or crayons to explain it to you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Invincible wrote: »
    No, but they were when carbon tax was introduced initially.

The Greens were also in government when the usc was introduced are they also responsible for it been still here 3 elections later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Cosgrave oil in Limerick 34c Litre. 1000 litres for 340euro

Cape Clear wrote: »
    The Greens were also in government when the usc was introduced are they also responsible for it been still here 3 elections later?

The Greens are a wreckless bunch out of touch with reality, only 7 months ago they were calling for the carbon tax to be doubled.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Kellehers in Kerry and Cork just put their price up from 370 to 400.

The Greens are a wreckless bunch out of touch with reality, only 7 months ago they were calling for the carbon tax to be doubled.

I'll add to that our present government are a bunch of lapdogs. Imagine Germany have 25 years to decommission their coal powered plants while Poland are building 8 more this year, but our lads sign up to this carbon reduction straight off 😌

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

M three wrote: »
    One thing I've learned since the price of oil collapsed is that there is an oil futures market. Am I right in saying that the price of crude oil for june was already agreed upon by producers?
    If these prices were publicised or made more easily available all the time wouldnt the consumer have a better insight into what prices were coming down the track for the refined products such as petrol, diesel and kero??

I presume there are futures markets in many commodities.

"Agreed upon by producers" - the spot and futures prices go up and down all the time, they are not set.

OPEC, the oil cartel, tries to change output from its producers to influence the price.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/prices.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

"reckless"

I am sympathetic towards environmental concerns, and I favour large increases in carbon taxes, and cuts in income taxes.

However, given the vast increases in emissions from China, I agree that our efforts here are very minor.

This link shows the actual live price that Brent Crude Oil is trading at, it's all over the shop in the last ten minutes

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/MarketCharts/brent.php..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

That's always the answer of someone that doesn't know.

So a tanker driver and administration staff cost more when oil is more expensive?

Do they get paid higher wages?

I was connected to an independent fuel retailer many years ago that also distributed heating oil and they and every other fuel seller always had a fixed cent (pence back then) they added to the wholesale cost on fuel.

On other goods such as confectionery, it was worked on a margin basis, but fuel has always been a cent per litre addition when calculating the consumer price.

As for current prices, production is being cut back by Russia which is stabilising prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

That's always the answer of someone that doesn't know.

So a tanker driver and administration staff cost more when oil is more expensive?

Do they get paid higher wages?

I was connected to an independent fuel retailer many years ago that also distributed heating oil and they and every other fuel seller always had a fixed cent (pence back then) they added to the wholesale cost on fuel.

On other goods such as confectionery, it was worked on a margin basis, but fuel has always been a cent per litre addition when calculating the consumer price.

As for current prices, production is being cut back by Russia which is stabilising prices.

Corrib Oil just went up by 30 euro to 400 per 1,000 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭jt69er

Most places I rang this morning said prices looked to be on the increase, not counting the carbon tax increase tomorrow. Not sure whether to believe them or not :confused:

jt69er wrote: »
    Most places I rang this morning said prices looked to be on the increase, not counting the carbon tax increase tomorrow. Not sure whether to believe them or not :confused:

It's gone up in two different companies in the last hour by double the carbon tax that is due tomorrow.

Very happy I already paid for my 2,000 litres that is being delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Silly question but if you order and pay online today but get delivery in two weeks time. Do they need to honor the price/ltr or they revise it and recalculate as per price at the day of delivery?

Corrib Oil just went up by 30 euro to 400 per 1,000 as well.

I rang Corrib at 10.53 just to check their price.
    €380 for 1000 litres from that depot.
    They were €400 on 15/4 from another poster here.

Galego wrote: »
    Silly question but if you order and pay online today but get delivery in two weeks time. Do they need to honor the price/ltr or they revise it and recalculate as per price at the day of delivery?

You pay today, you get price per litre without tomorrow's carbon tax.
    Not your choice that they're not delivering today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Was chatting one of the delivery drivers who said if I wasn't in a rush to hold off and prices will go down again after all this panic.

I rang Corrib at 10.53 just to check their price.
    €380 for 1000 litres from that depot.
    They were €400 on 15/4 from another poster here.

They were 370 yesterday in all their offices, they always match the price that Kelleher's sell for.

They were 370 yesterday in all their offices, they always match the price that Kelleher's sell for.

This depot matched Casey's for poster here back on 15th, 1000 for €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Pulled the trigger on 1000l for 340 from flynns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

This depot matched Casey's for poster here back on 15th, 1000 for €400.

This Lad is selling IBC's in Athlone , His Eircode is in the Ad ,

https://www.donedeal.ie/sheep-for-sale/full-closeing-down-sale-in-athlone/24330192?campaign=14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

The green party shouldnt be let within a mile of government. How is that clown eamonn ryan getting on with his seeds on his south facing window ledge i wonder. A 5 year old wouldnt propose that as a means of feeding the country yet he stood up in the dail and suggested it.
    Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Without Covid19 oil would be around 700e from tomorrow thanks to leftie ''Greens''...

Just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭listermint

selling off their stock , so they can fill the tanks with the cheaper stuff and charge back to normal prices making a killing on the cheaper stuff.

simple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Top Oil are still offering below rates for customers in Cork:

500 Litres Kerosene = €204.98 incl. VAT
    NOTE: If you insert Promo Code: " SPRING20 " price is reduced to €194.98 incl VAT which is €10 Discount off 500 Ltrs.
    NOTE: And if you insert Promo Code: " Gaa20 " price is reduced to €184.98 incl VAT which is €20 Discount Off 500Ltrs!

1,000 Litres Kerosene = €389.99 incl VAT
    NOTE: If you insert Promo Code: " SPRING20 " or Promo Code: " Gaa20" price is reduced to €369.99 incl VAT for both codes which is €20 Discount off 1,000 Ltrs.

www.Top.ie

Rates are expected to increase after close of business today due to the increase in Carbon Levy on solid fuels announced in last October's Budget.

Deliveries for orders placed today not expected before Wednesday 6th May due to demand and May Bank Holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I just paid €174.99 for 500L of oil from top oil using Gaa20. Was by far the cheapest I could find for Wexford.

Advertisement