Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How safe are Bluetooth headphones?

• 24-05-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I've never used them but I would have thought putting something that connects wirelessly to a device in between your brain must have some negative effects?

I know a phone is said to be worse but I don't use my phone for calls that often and try not to have it on me that often. I'm comparing it to someone listening to music/podcasts/radio for hours.

I'd love to get a pair as they look super handy.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

No!

It's 2.4ghz radio, so it's harmless. If Bluetooth gave people cancer then the amount of WiFi you're exposed to every day would kill you!

Apparently everything these days gives you Cancer. And sure doesn't 5G cause Covid 19. Get yourself a nice pair of headphones and enjoy life(and music).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Does having Bluetooth switched on for any length / for continued use shorten the life-span of the Phone Battery or do damage on it, or does it wear out the Phone's insides/structure etc. if Bluetooth is always on / excessively in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Does having Bluetooth switched on for any length / for continued use shorten the life-span of the Phone Battery or do damage on it, or does it wear out the Phone's insides/structure etc. if Bluetooth is always on / excessively in use?

Hey! This is my safety thread. Don't hijack it with hardware issues.

I joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No but then how long do you plan on keeping a phone anyway.

Go for a bigger battery.

Of course having apps running and other functions it will drain slightly quicker but I leave mine on all the time and get 2 days out of charge

Wouldn't be worrying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Yes, Bluetooth uses battery (like everything else). It's become the norm for most to leave Bluetooth on at all times. I never turn it off, I connect to the car and the van when I jump in (have phone cradle and charger in both) and have a BT speaker for the back yard and BT headphones for when out walking. Draining the battery doesn't do it any harm, just charge it when it's low.

Advertisement