Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options
1323324325326327329»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Richard Bruton. I detest anything to do with him politically.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The fact that the 1916 rising gets celebrated on Easter Sunday.
    It happened between 24th and 29th of April.

Why in fcuks name is it being celebrated on 12 April?

I was born on a Monday, should my birthday move around so I always celebrate it on a Monday?

Because some other eegit will be moaning it was at Easter and why are we commemorating it when it's not Easter.

In present situ it's an issue I couldn't give less fűcks about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MyTax Ireland

People starting a sentence with surely. Really random I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just want a look around Penneys, shallow as that sounds :(

I’m a guy who guys to shopping centers, city a few times a year and I like it at that.
    I had Friday the 13th of March of work and had planned with a few weeks to go to Cork and then Leo announced his measures on the 12th. I knew then it was off and the naive part of me thought I might do it on Good Friday originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I’m a guy who guys to shopping centers, city a few times a year and I like it at that.
    I had Friday the 13th of March of work and had planned with a few weeks to go to Cork and then Leo announced his measures on the 12th. I knew then it was off and the naive part of me thought I might do it on Good Friday originally.

That's cleared that up then ......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That I never punched someone in the lying mouth when I had a chance.

Pacifism hasn't solved much so far, I'd be open to trying a new tack.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People that throw change on the counter in the general direction of shop staff.

Nothing to do with COVID-19...just those ignorant cretins that will give a cursory glance at the change in their hand and then lob it at the counter for the shop assistant to pick up and count.

Annoys the bejesus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That's cleared that up then ......:confused:

He thought the restrictions might be over by good Friday and he could have a look around the shops.

Apologies if I'm wrong, popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

People that throw change on the counter in the general direction of shop staff.

Nothing to do with COVID-19...just those ignorant cretins that will give a cursory glance at the change in their hand and then lob it at the counter for the shop assistant to pick up and count.

Annoys the bejesus out of me.

Yep and just to add, staff that throw your change on the counter after you handed them the money in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Your Face wrote: »
    The Easter Rising not being commemorated on Easter Week is a bit silly.

Let's have the June Bank Holiday in January :)

Do you think the people organising it called it "The Easter Rising"? Somehow, I doubt it.

After the fact, it seemed like a good idea to tack it onto a Religious festival, I reckon.

This is my whole point. Why is it named after a religious holiday that does not have a fixed date?

What's wrong with the 1916 Rising?
    Then it could be celebrated on the dates it actually occurred. You know, like an actual anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Hotels and bars that don't sell any local beers especially when the local brewery is just up the road. I was staying in a well known hotel on the west coast and they had all the big name international beers but nothing from the local breweries... same with many of the pubs in the town.
    If I'm a tourist or visitor to an area then I want to sample the local beers not always drink exactly the same stuff that I can get at home or anywhere else.

Anyway, not much of a trivial annoyance at the moment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Vita nova wrote: »
    Hotels and bars that don't sell any local beers especially when the local brewery is just up the road. I was staying in a well known hotel on the west coast and they had all the big name international beers but nothing from the local breweries... same with many of the pubs in the town.
    If I'm a tourist or visitor to an area then I want to sample the local beers not always drink exactly the same stuff that I can get at home or anywhere else.

Anyway, not much of a trivial annoyance at the moment ;)

The reality is there is not a market for them..my local had O'Hara's stout on tap and got rid as it just wasn't selling..a waste of a pump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you think the people organising it called it "The Easter Rising"? .

I imagine they were busier worrying about whether they would be slaughtered or not to worry about what it would be called in the history books but it wasn't organised at Easter by accident. Bear in mind that alot (if not all) of these guys were fairly religious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The reality is there is not a market for them..my local had O'Hara's stout on tap and got rid as it just wasn't selling..a waste of a pump

If they had the dark ale , it would fly off the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

That's a shame. I think there would be a market in the tourist areas if local food and drink were promoted as part of the attractions of the area. Local pubs could also make more of an effort to promote the beers.
    From visits to pubs in Germany and France, the local beers (from <30km away) were always popular, even in the UK local beers seem to be more popular in the pubs than here.

Vita nova wrote: »
    That's a shame. I think there would be a market in the tourist areas if local food and drink were promoted as part of the attractions of the area. Local pubs could also make more of an effort to promote the beers.
    From visits to pubs in Germany and France, the local beers (from <30km away) were always popular, even in the UK local beers seem to be more popular in the pubs than here.

It's different in England .. pubs can brew their own beer
    Here, killarney brewing have 3 or 4 taps in town...and not a huge seller anywhere.
    I'm lucky in so far as my local off license is a huge supporter of Irish breweries & there always a wonderful choice.... otherwise I'd be in trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA that I ate all 3 of these this morning :(

IMG-20200413-113357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's different in England .. pubs can brew their own beer
    :)

We have Brew bars in Ireland, too.

We have Brew bars in Ireland, too.

And ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being addicted to Netflix,i need my fix.Its like Crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Muppets standing in doorways.

I saw a woman standing in the doorway of the shop last Friday, facing inwards, using her phone, oblivious to the world around her and the lady on the street that wanted to get in. It'd piss me off in normal times, but in these days of social distancing, why would anybody with half a brain stand in the doorway? The shop was empty too - she could have stood almost anywhere and not been in the way, except for there!

When staff finally got her attention by asking the lady outside if she wanted to go in, it was less than two minutes before she was standing in the doorway again! She didn't look like a natural blonde, but......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

blade1 wrote: »
    TA that I ate all 3 of these this morning :(

IMG-20200413-113357.jpg

God , they would be essential. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Want to avoid the Lockdown?
    Don't like the annoying restrictions?

Come to Salthill. Where the rules don't apply nor are enforced.
    Even queue for a coffee whilst you flaunt your civic duties.
    Salthill, Galway - where viruses don't catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He thought the restrictions might be over by good Friday and he could have a look around the shops.

Apologies if I'm wrong, popcorn.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I have a brother who wouldn't send me two emails in a row if his life depended on it. With him it is always...your turn....my turn….your turn....my turn......otherwise......silence......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Your Face wrote: »
    Want to avoid the Lockdown?
    Don't like the annoying restrictions?

Come to Salthill. Where the rules don't apply nor are enforced.
    Even queue for a coffee whilst you flaunt your civic duties.
    Salthill, Galway - where viruses don't catch.

To enforce there must be a deterrent, I wonder if ‘small’ numbers of the Army cannot be used to augment the Gardai in certain areas where the Gardai are a bit thinner on the ground. Maybe it’s to keep the Army as a sterile last line of defense perhaps ? If army personnel, say a few hundred were given to the Gardai for say a three month secondment ?

I’m reading that there are about 7,300 full time army personnel and 1600 active reservists... just under 9,000 in total. A couple of hundred in each province could take the pressure off the Gardai, and indeed the pressure ON the fûckwits hanging around in groups and disregarding the regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I can feel that I have something in my eye but I can’t see it, nor can I seem to get it out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Falling for the click bait that is Google. Boredom setting in big time and I keep falling for them.
    Liverpool are interested in signing X. I just have to follow the links

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement