Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Go App / Experience reviews

• 30-05-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭

Here's a place to share your reviews of Apps and Experiences for Oculus Go.
    Feel free to create other review threads for other VR Platforms.

App: Epic Roller Coasters
    Rating: 5 stars
    Comfort: Intense

Headset used: Oculus Go
    Purchased Full Coaster Pack on sale for €9.99 inc. tax.
    Epic Rollercoasters hands down has the best sensation of Speed out of any roller coaster app I tried, if you suffer from motion sickness this app may not be for you, but it's perfect for speed and thrill junkies.
    In comparison I found Coaster Combat too comfortable to get a good sensation of speed.
    And Epic Roller Coasters even has a shooting mode and multiplayer like Coaster Combat!
    Top 3 fast rides:
    Rock Falls (Free), Snowland, Wyvern Siege
    The other rides are more cinematic and atmospheric and each ride is diverse and unique.
    The only disappointing ride was Neon Rider apart from the cool intro.
    The game is very diverse with plenty of modes including a race more which lets you control the speed of the coaster, but can be challenging and frustrating depending on your taste.
    The sale price of €9.99 inc. tax for all rides is excellent value for money, and well deserves 5 stars
    Suggestions for the Devs:
    A Max Speed mode like Race mode where the CPU automatically controls the acceleration and braking to deliver the most intense speed without derailing.
    A speedometer in race mode at the centre of the screen for easier monitoring of speed.
    Selectable Difficulty for Shooter Mode so you have the option of having less targets pop up.
    Smoother re-railing without fading for all maps. The Lost Forest ride nails this perfectly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Epic Roller Coasters is the first experience I put my folks in as it doesn't require usage of the wand control... videos of my Dad gripping onto the chair for dear life saying "Oh wow...WOW!" were hilarious.

Blade Runner 2049: Replicant Pursuit is another one I recommend for first-timers, just to wow them

App: Virtual Desktop
    Rating: 5 stars
    Comfort: Comfortable

Play your computer from any room, or ANYWHERE (even remotely), using just your headset.
    The resolution is just incredible and the clarity is pretty much 95% as if I was playing directly on a real monitor.
    There are countless environments to display your content in, whether it's a movie theatre or even a pseudo-gaming room environment.

I have a ton of pancake games in my backlog and I'm currently playing Tomb Raider using my Oculus Go w/ Xbox360 controller. Great to sit back in the couch, or in the garden, rather than hunched over a desk.

Another bonus is that you can lie flat back in bed and watch movies by re-orienting the screen directly above you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Have you tried Big Screen for that purpose also?
    Just tried the Blade Runner Replicant Pursuit demo there and it was okay, was expecting more!

Makes me imagine it a VR recreation of G-Police was made.

Doge wrote: »
    Have you tried Big Screen for that purpose also?
    Just tried the Blade Runner Replicant Pursuit demo there and it was okay, was expecting more!

Makes me imagine it a VR recreation of G-Police was made.

Big Screen is really bad in comparison. Laggy and considerably low res. Was killing my eyes.

It's mainly a social app, not really meant for one to one screen sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Bought wander in the show your family pack last night and it's basically Google Street view and photos in 360 and you can teleport and rotate the camera too. Someone in Facebook mentioned Google earth be does this now but it's so cool on the go.

• Advertisement

Aye Wander is great and you can revisit places you backpacked to in the past etc.

I stood on the top of Kilimanjaro and was a hell of a lot more comfortable in Wander than when I was there irl with feckin altitude migraine.

Advertisement