Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Piollaire wrote:
    I hope you recover quickly. I didn't realise how bad the rashes can be. Lots of pictures here:

Jesus, it's one messed up virus, I wish you all the best folks in your recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Knine wrote: »
    A full week now. It was the very first symptom. Plus some fairly shocking rashes! I took pictures.

I was admitted to A and E with really bad hives last December 2020. I couldn't breathe properly, and thinking perhaps I actually had covid then. I was treated for anaphylactic shock via drip with cortisol and something else I can't recall.
    Those hives are dangerous, and I had them in my mouth and throat, in my ears, just everywhere. I would get that rash checked out, if you still have it.
    After three hours on the drip, the rash disappeared, never had it again. Take good care of yourself, hope you get better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble sleeping since having it, my sleep all over the place

Not really a sleeping disorder, but when I had just recovered from the coronavirus (end of April 2020), I started having nightmares (absolutely scaring nightmares!) every single night, for at least 4 months, maybe longer.
    Lately I am feeling sleepy all the time, I would sleep just everywhere, the floor would do too. And it's nearly a year now.

Along with a weakness and lack of motivation in everything I (should) do.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Already have sleep issues, getting vaccine next week, so should be interesting, thankfully didn't get covid, any other issues, post covid?

I still have sore back too

I still have sore back too

have you been advised on what to do about it?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    have you been advised on what to do about it?

My doctor prescribed Difene / Diclac

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Yes I've heard from a front line worker who got the flu and lost her taste and smell once getting first dose of the vaccine

It’s much more like a that she caught Covid than the flu, no? I thought the flu was more or less eliminated in Ireland this year but Covid still widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Happy Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Tested positive on Wednesday and have been relatively ok. Just no energy and just don't feel right. But today my sense of smell has changed. It's not gone but its like stuff now almost stings my nose. If I had vinegar on my dinner or salt and vinegar crisps. The vinegar smell would be its like x10 and almost catch the back of my throat. Made a sandwich today and put a tiny bit of mustard on the bread and it was like I snorted it up my nose it felt so strong. Weird, unpleasant feeling.

• Advertisement

"IN the first few months of the pandemic a year ago, health experts believed Covid-19 was generally a mild infection that would pass pretty quickly for the majority of people, with a small percentage of patients needing serious hospital treatment."

In an interview I saw yesterday on TV, a long Covid patient said that she felt sick a year ago, and the doctors at that time didn't know anything about the disease. She complained that in March 2020 nobody had told her about the long covid and how to deal with it, and she had to find that out on her own.

She said she suffers from a few issues, but the most annoying is the lack of motivation in everything she does. She's an artist in the metal handcrafts, and she said this is affecting a lot on her job.

So, this is another case of lack or loss of motivation and interest.

What is really disturbing, in my point of view, is that a year later doctors still know very little about this. I wonder when they have the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jack747

This is a bit bizarre but wondering has anyone a similar experience.

Tested positive in early Jan, smell and taste completely went and then came back fully in mid February.

It had been fine till recently but had a bottle of Coke last week and it tasted very off and strange(horrible taste, I usually am a big fan). Tasted it again today and it was the same. Anyone notice a difference in taste in coke or any other Fizzy drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Going to see if they can do anything tomorrow! It is very bad tonight! I can't wear a watch etc

I've heard of people having this problem with skin during and after infection.

They got creams etc but you can't put it everywhere. Eventually got prescribed a steroid tablet and it went.

Sounds awful and hope you are all feeling better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

jack747 wrote: »
    This is a bit bizarre but wondering has anyone a similar experience.

Tested positive in early Jan, smell and taste completely went and then came back fully in mid February.

It had been fine till recently but had a bottle of Coke last week and it tasted very off and strange(horrible taste, I usually am a big fan). Tasted it again today and it was the same. Anyone notice a difference in taste in coke or any other Fizzy drinks?

Can happen. I was randomly getting burning smells for a while after or Sulphur. Thought my house was on fire one night.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Can happen. I was randomly getting burning smells for a while after or Sulphur. Thought my house was on fire one night.

This!
    Drove my family mad for a few days and nights looking tosee shows lighting candles !

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

My father died and my mother suffered immensely.

Dad had asthma along with additional underlying respiratory issues. Covid triggered his underlying issues and then finished him off as infection confined within his lungs. My poor Dad was not afforded any luck and was supposed to be weeks away from his vaccine.

Mam suffered panic attacks alongside typical covid symptoms. She was delirious, restless and the rest can be summarized as a very bad flu. GP saved her life with a cycle of basic antibiotics and steroids.

My family was destroyed within a period of 4 weeks. Please be considerate of the vulnerable out there.

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    My doctor prescribed Difene / Diclac

Would you consider doing some stretching and yoga, I find it great for my back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm two weeks in now, allowed back out tomorrow! I would be normally considerably fit, walk 10k a day. Now I can barely get up the stairs without getting out of breath! Oxygen levels lower than they should be. I can't smell anything or taste any food.
    My support bubble person is still quite unwell. My two daughters recovered quicker, the younger one having been in hospital last year with it.

I can see exactly why someone more vulnerable than me/ older would really struggle with this. My friends father died this week after only a couple of days with Covid.

Nobody is sticking to the guidelines, I do see hordes of visitors arriving daily with my neighbours, some of them very vulnerable. Nobody cares until it arrives at their door!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I got tested yesterday at 11am. Does it always take 48 hours to get results back?

I have had a temp last 2 nights, aches and pains and feel very out of sorts. Not sure if it is COVID or just a bad dose

R.F. wrote: »
    I got tested yesterday at 11am. Does it always take 48 hours to get results back?

I have had a temp last 2 nights, aches and pains and feel very out of sorts. Not sure if it is COVID or just a bad dose

We got all ours back the following day! Sometimes in less than 24hours. Fingers crossed you test negative.

• Advertisement

Physeter wrote: »
    My father died and my mother suffered immensely.

Dad had asthma along with additional underlying respiratory issues. Covid triggered his underlying issues and then finished him off as infection confined within his lungs. My poor Dad was not afforded any luck and was supposed to be weeks away from his vaccine.

Mam suffered panic attacks alongside typical covid symptoms. She was delirious, restless and the rest can be summarized as a very bad flu. GP saved her life with a cycle of basic antibiotics and steroids.

My family was destroyed within a period of 4 weeks. Please be considerate of the vulnerable out there.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Diagnosed last Saturday. Was feeling ok until Tuesday night when I took a turn. Fact that I have lung cancer doesn’t help things but I’m relatively young in my 40s. Currently in ICU with air being forced up my nose and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at it in terms of drugs. Irony I caught it in hospital previous week. And my youngest is positive at home. Waiting for my wife and other lad now. Disaster! Not letting this get the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm two weeks in now, allowed back out tomorrow! I would be normally considerably fit, walk 10k a day. Now I can barely get up the stairs without getting out of breath! Oxygen levels lower than they should be. I can't smell anything or taste any food.

On this.
    Food and taste came back near three weeks after. Probably the most healthy I've ever eaten for that time :D

I'm over a month out of it and my ability to run or excersie is still shot. I can get out of breath simply running up the stairs to get something. Heart races much easier now, so I'll need to get that checked out. Weird smells still happen and my sleep is all over the place.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I've lost 5kg in a few days. I was not overweight to begin with but I get you on the healthy eating. Well meaning people have dropped up plenty of Easter Eggs & Chocolate but I've no interest in eating them! Food tastes like cardboard!

I've lost 5kg in a few days. I was not overweight to begin with but I get you on the healthy eating. Well meaning people have dropped up plenty of Easter Eggs & Chocolate but I've no interest in eating them! Food tastes like cardboard!

Lately I'm noticing that chocolate gives me a sense of short breath, cough, or something lik this, a sense of slight choking in my throat.
    Never had this feeling before, but I have it now, a year after the disease.

And for the taste, some foods still don't taste the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

This has happened a few times in my house , both my husband and I have jumped out of bed thinking we can smell something burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Me, my husband and the 5 kids tested positive on Sunday.

I was getting sicker and sicker as last week went on. The kids were sick for maybe 1.5 days each with headaches temps and sore throats. In normal times not sick enough to warrant a visit to doctor.

My terminally ill father in law tested positive and must have passed it on when husband was visiting 10 days before we got sick. By the time we heard they all tested positive we were all sick bar my husband who showed no symptoms all along. We weren't considered close contacts because of the time between visit and him testing positive.

None of the inlaws showed any symptoms. I am the only one who got ill and got very ill quickly. I'm delighted the kids bounced back but can't figure out how I got so sick!

Coming out the other side now thank god after 2 weeks of feeling awful. Can't wait to taste and smell again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭fits

the varg wrote: »
    Diagnosed last Saturday. Was feeling ok until Tuesday night when I took a turn. Fact that I have lung cancer doesn’t help things but I’m relatively young in my 40s. Currently in ICU with air being forced up my nose and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at it in terms of drugs. Irony I caught it in hospital previous week. And my youngest is positive at home. Waiting for my wife and other lad now. Disaster! Not letting this get the better of me.

Hope you’re doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xabi_a

Sorry to read all the troubles and losses documented in this thread.

I got diagnosed positive 5 days ago. I went to a walk-in centre because I felt a bit under the weather but didn't have any covid specific symptoms. No fever, no cough. But positive anyway.

Since then I've had very slight symptoms: a little tired, an odd feeling in my throat, a slight headache. But I've been checking my temperature, blood oxygen levels and resting heartbeat and they're all fine. I'm working away at home, and exercising in the evenings. Today I feel fine.

I'm 56 and pretty healthy anyway, but probably very lucky. So for anyone testing positive, it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad experience.

My self-isolation finishes in 3 days. I'm just a bit nervous about going out and meeting people, especially elderly relatives. Is it really sure that we are no longer infectious 10 days after first symptoms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

xabi_a wrote: »
    Sorry to read all the troubles and losses documented in this thread.

I got diagnosed positive 5 days ago. I went to a walk-in centre because I felt a bit under the weather but didn't have any covid specific symptoms. No fever, no cough. But positive anyway.

Since then I've had very slight symptoms: a little tired, an odd feeling in my throat, a slight headache. But I've been checking my temperature, blood oxygen levels and resting heartbeat and they're all fine. I'm working away at home, and exercising in the evenings. Today I feel fine.

I'm 56 and pretty healthy anyway, but probably very lucky. So for anyone testing positive, it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad experience.

My self-isolation finishes in 3 days. I'm just a bit nervous about going out and meeting people, especially elderly relatives. Is it really sure that we are no longer infectious 10 days after first symptoms?

Could you not go back to the walk in test centre and get tested again in 3 days to ease your mind?

Advertisement