Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Assessment

• 24-10-2016 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have no idea if I am in the correct place here but essentially I am looking for information on the PAS (public appointment service) Irish assessment for the Garda. I am doing grinds at the moment, but trying to find information is like a state secret. Apart from there been an Oral, Comprehension, Writing an Essay and translating some sentences there isn't much more information.

I am doing fairly well with the oral so far, have a lot of stuff covered, but regards the essay, I have no clue. Has anyone any ideas what I should cover for this? I have one about a holiday but outside of that not much else.

Any input be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Really you need to communicate with someone who has already sat this exam. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

Think you need to get your hands on past papers...ask a garda for info! There's loads of really excellent books on Irish essays for Leaving Cert...'An dTuigeann T ' is one but there"s lots...should be able to get them second hand or free from someone who has recently done L.C.....expect standard would be pass L.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

There are some great theme/topic based books available targeted to leaving cert ordinary level/higher level that might suit you for the essays part. Check out Easons and the Irish language bookshops - maybe try giving them a call before you go in.
    The books have sections on current affairs topics/vocabulary/practice questions, etc. and might get you started.

Apart from that there must be some dept you can call who are in charge of administering the exams?

Advertisement