Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Danzy wrote: »
    He was Asian American and working class background.

That was the key driver for the attack.

There is a bad attitude growing in the American radical left to Asians. His being working class would have compounded it.

He has written for Quillette, the Wall St Journal etc so your attempt to minimize it as some edgelord getting hopped is not going to work.

His WSJ article was rubbish to be fair. In any case he’s a citizen journalist if nothing else.

klaaaz wrote: »
    Ha, so twisted and wrong. The guy is an alt-right conservative writer with a penchant for associating with the far right chauvinists like the Proud Boys\Patriot Prayer, he ain't no ordinary journo and wasn't attacked for being working class/Asian. Looks like the guy went there in the middle of the anti-far right demonstrators to provoke them in order to claim the victimhood crown, well that worked for him.

He provoked them with a camera?

Awww, the poor far right don't have the numbers of support.

I’d say they do if it were somewhere else in the US.

Street violence is street violence. Ngo has been recording that violence for a while, judging by his twitter account. It’s a bit hard to take that he is “far right white suprematist” given that he’s not white and not even straight. Although many of those beating him up probably were both and certainly all were white.

As for the doxxing of that woman, can someone link to the tweet? If he’s naming her after the event it’s not doxxing, but I don’t know.

(Not that unmasking masked thugs is a bad thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

His very presence provoked them. If you"re not far left you are a legitimate target in their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Boxing.Fan wrote: »

Squeaky voice clown gets a bang of a car. Hilarious.

The Lord works in mysterious ways :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Looks like the guy went there in the middle of the anti-far right demonstrators to provoke them in order to claim the victimhood crown, well that worked for him.
    B0jangles wrote: »
    I'm not here to claim antifa alway behave perfectly and are incapable of being violent, but Andy Ngo is an active participant in these violent situations, not an innocent bystander as he claims.

Cool to see people siding with the mob when they attack a lone person on the street. This is a good omen for our society

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

I’d say they do if it were somewhere else in the US.

Street violence is street violence. Ngo has been recording that violence for a while, judging by his twitter account. It’s a bit hard to take that he is “far right white suprematist” given that he’s not white and not even straight. Although many of those beating him up probably were both and certainly all were white.

Do you know how to multi-quote?

You brought race into it, Portland does not have huge ethnic minority communities like other American cities hence the majority demonstrating would be white.

Probably filming and identifying them on behalf of the far right is not a good idea, the far right have a habit of doxxing.

You brought race into it, Portland does not have huge ethnic minority communities like other American cities hence the majority demonstrating would be white.

Probably filming and identifying them on behalf of the far right is not a good idea, the far right have a habit of doxxing.

But the majority of them have masks on, and why do they all have school bags on?

Sometimes even weapons wont make up for the lack of fighting skills. Goodnight irene zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Kimsang wrote: »

I saw this a few months back-Antifa conversation with a Proudboy hosted by the BBC. Also gives an insight into whats happening in Portland. Not exactly riveting stuff(spoiler: they're both stoned), but its telling. Notice the lack of engagement in argument from the antifa member, or any real addressing of the issues, along with constant underhanded insinuations and insults.

The 'proudboy' genuinely seemed interested in having a conversation, or I guess left-wing might call this trolling?

Classy guy

https://twitter.com/TaraLaRosa/status/1145361739157889025

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1102420787397451777

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=Cd38I_1561920937

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C1bOu_1561925060

• Advertisement

Yes I do. Not sure of the relevance.

Race is important here because white people beating up on Asians should be frowned on by most people on the left. You’d think.

These accusations of him being far right or indeed of doxxing are to my mind unfounded.

The Portland mayor needs to get his act together on these demonstrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Race is important here because white people beating up on Asians should be frowned on by most people on the left. You’d think.

Your reading too much into it.

I'd be sure they were beating him up because he is a cúnt, not because he is Asian.
    Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Boggles wrote: »

I'd be sure they were beating him up because he is a cúnt, not because he is Asian.
    Simples.

So its ok now for mobs to beat up people they think are cúnts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Simples.

Yet people like yourself regularly try and claim that any attack on a non white or gay at the hands of a white person is likely to be racially or sexually motivated; yet this standard gets dropped for your far left buddies. I don't believe it was racially motivated myself, but it's the hypocrisy that people have an issue with.

Venom wrote: »
    So its ok now for mobs to beat up people they think are cúnts!

Pointing out why I think he was beaten up opposed to some other narrative does not mean I think it's okay. My post wasn't really that hard follow.

But again, as the saying goes if 'you are going to be dumb, you better be tough'.
    Yet people like yourself regularly try and claim that any attack on a non white or gay at the hands of a white person is likely to be racially or sexually motivated

Really, link?

Pointing out why I think he was beaten up opposed to some other narrative does not mean I think it's okay. My post wasn't really that hard follow.

But again, as the saying goes if 'you are going to be dumb, you better be tough'.

You're trying to defend and deflect the simple fact a mob of masked thugs beat up a journalist!

You're trying to defend and deflect the simple fact a mob of masked thugs beat up a journalist!

He isn't a journalist.

The rest of your short post is equally as wrong, some achievement fair play to you.

He isn't a journalist.

The rest of your short post is equally as wrong, some achievement fair play to you.

Yes, he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Ngo writes and is an editor for Quillette. Claiming the guy is not a journalist is just absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

He isn't a journalist.

Why does him not being a journalist make him an acceptable target ?

Yet people like yourself regularly try and claim that any attack on a non white or gay at the hands of a white person is likely to be racially or sexually motivated; yet this standard gets dropped for your far left buddies. I don't believe it was racially motivated myself, but it's the hypocrisy that people have an issue with.

Indeed. It’s the optics. Of course Antifa hardly have good optics anyway. Maybe don’t attack people?

• Advertisement

Yes, he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Ngo writes and is an editor for Quillette. Claiming the guy is not a journalist is just absurd.

Quillette??? :pac:

80568047.jpg

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Why does him not being a journalist make him an acceptable target ?

At least we agree he isn't a journalist, he isn't, this wasn't an attack on the "Freedom of Screech".

But who said he was an acceptable target?

The hypocrisy here is quite something...

What does it take to be a journalist in your book? Like where would he have to be employed?

Quillette??? pacman.gif

80568047.jpg

He also wrote for the Wall Street Journal and National Review and other news outlets, but yeah he's just some random dude and not a journalist rolleyes.png

At least we agree he isn't a journalist, he isn't, this wasn't an attack on the "Freedom of Screech".

But who said he was an acceptable target?

You’re clearly defending Antifa here. If you have condemned that attack I’ve yet to see it.

You’re clearly defending Antifa here.

Clearly?

Grand link where I clearly defended Antifa.

In your own time, good lad.

What does it take to be a journalist in your book? Like where would he have to be employed?

Probably somewhere like Vox!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

80568047.jpg

If he makes a living writing and editing for Quilette then he’s a journalist, regardless of what you think about the outlet. It’s like saying saying James McClean isn’t a football player because he’s not that good and only playing for Stoke.

• Advertisement

Probably somewhere like Vox!

I have no idea what Vox is?

Little creepy shít on Twitter pretending to be a journalist whilst grifting for donations??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement