Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Child Care project ideas?

• 15-01-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

We're meant to be doing ours, but I haven't a clue what to do for it; our teacher was extremely vague about what we had to be (She said something along the lines of: WRITE 'BOUT BABIZZ), so I really don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any 'good' ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Have no idea myself but some people I know dont fetal development? and autistic children etc... Something along those lines I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

The wide range of Childcare projects presented for examination in 2003 focused on the following topics and related themes:
    • Pregnancy,
    • Development in the womb
    • Birth to first birthday,
    • Multiple births,
    • Child study / Case study
    • Nutrition for mother and baby
    • A day in the life of a child,
    • Child development
    • Conception to birth
    • Birth to 2 years old
    • Role of play in child development
    • Breast v bottle feeding
    • Weaning
    • Importance of nutrition for mothers and babies
    • Child safety
    • Fostering
    • How the childminder can promote child development.

• First aid / safety in the home
    • Vaccinations
    • Disabilities:Autism, Asthma, Epilepsy,
    • Spina Bifida Encephalitis, and the child,
    • Childhood Illnesses, Meningitis,
    • General Development of different age groups,
    • Children with special needs.
    • Feeding - bottle feeding, breast feeding,
    • Children’s Toys,
    • Toys and play,
    • Development of teeth.
    • Development of language.
    • Furnishing a nursery
    • Play schools
    • Learning difficulties

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/JCHomeEconomics03FinalReport.pdf
    page 26/27

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

I haven't a clue about the format though. Does anyone have an example project I can kinda base my off. We have the most idiotic teacher doing them with us, everything is to be done at home and she'll offer no help whatsoever. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm just looking online now, when I was doing mine (Textiles) I looked it up and there was loads of info. I don't have a folder you can look at but I'll try get the headings etc for you.

EDIT: I found this, it may be of some help http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:wvCgC5cLXHMJ:www.examinations.ie/schools/Home_Economics_GUIDELINE_BOOKLET_2009.pdf+junior+cert+home+economics+child+care+project+guidelines&hl=en&gl=ie&sig=AHIEtbSCKxq7N93ZkEnttC90M5ryB21bUA

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aidene

:eek:have to have my child development project in for tomorrow whats the format please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 roisin1234

anybody have any examples of junior cert home ec projects for child development about autism ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

roisin1234 wrote: »
    anybody have any examples of junior cert home ec projects for child development about autism ??????
    I did my home eco project on that topic last year! I'm not allowed to give you my copy of it but i'll help if you if you have any questions :).

Advertisement