Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newspapers: two LC students offer very different views on new LC arrangements

Options
  • 16-04-2020 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I can’t put into words the genius displayed in this article. It’s on the Irish Times “Plan To Postpone The Leaving Cert Dogged By Dozens Of Unanswered Questions”

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Jamie_2001 wrote: »
    I can’t put into words the genius displayed in this article. It’s on the Irish Times “Plan To Postpone The Leaving Cert Dogged By Dozens Of Unanswered Questions”

What was said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I actually think both have merits but I would be incredibly surprised if the LC didn’t go ahead. Tweaks and changes yes but the main exams are very likely to proceed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Jamie_2001 wrote: »

I would love to read it all but point number two is that students no longer get to go on holidays or to concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I would love to read it all but point number two is that students no longer get to go on holidays or to concerts.

I know, like that was the only reason the LC happened in June :rolleyes:

There seems to be lots of LCs missing the point that none of these things will happen anyway this summer regardless of when the LC happens. I thought the piece in the journal was very well written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tristan_

Points 1, 6 and 27 are the same
    Points 7, 8 and 12 all fall under the same blanket
    Point 9 doesn't make any sense? Why couldn't the same measures as usual be in place?
    Point 13 I see everywhere. People know not to do that. I'm sure they'd put measures in place to prevent it too.
    Point 16 is incidental to the pandemic
    Point 18 is based on a rumour that was dispelled by Joe McHugh on the radio before this piece was even published
    Point 21 is incidental to exam postponement as employment is compromised anyway
    Points 22 and 25 are a little far fetched
    Point 23 resolves itself immediately and then dismisses its own solution without any explanation

It's not that the article doesn't make some valid points but it loses my attention when the writer waters it down to try and squeeze out more questions to boost the perceived severity in the headline.

I need to stop posting and start studying :p

Advertisement