Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 racing calendar

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

TGD wrote: »
    No Rás Tailteann?? Anyone know what’s happening, or not?

Expecting to hear in the next few days. Really would be good to know. I understand no one wants to see if it go and it'd be an awful shame but it's getting late in the day now for county riders and pros alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

sullzz wrote: »
    It's on the calendar for 19th May start.

Ok, I see that now. That's the kind of thing you expect to see on the Cycling Ireland Calendar - an "8-day" event but only down in the calendar as a one-day race. Or, maybe I'm wronging them and that's what it's going to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

TGD wrote: »
    Ok, I see that now. That's the kind of thing you expect to see on the Cycling Ireland Calendar - an '8-day' event but only only down as a one-day race. Or, maybe I'm wronging them and that's what it's going to be!

Dunno, the calendar has been a bit of a shambles since it was released, all the multi day races are only down on a single date.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    in fairness to the wexford lads (across the county) they always put on races. see the Masters champs are in Gorey this year. never rode Gorey so wonder what kind of road circuits are down there, hilly or flat?

There are some very hard roads around Gorey it just depends on what they decide to use . I’ll see what I can find out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭wav1

Wexford 2 day not happening.its in the calender in error

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

wav1 wrote: »
    Wexford 2 day not happening.its in the calender in error

Better get upgraded quicker than planned for Gorey then

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Anyone got any further info on the Newbridge GP down for this Sunday? Not much on the CI website.
    Last update on their bookface page on Feb 27th;
    "Newbridge GP 10th March 2019. New sign on at St Conleths Community College, station road. Newbridge. Co Kildare. Sign on on the day not pre entry. More information to follow soon"

No times mentioned, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Mugser wrote: »
    Anyone got any further info on the Newbridge GP down for this Sunday? Not much on the CI website.
    Last update on their bookface page on Feb 27th;
    "Newbridge GP 10th March 2019. New sign on at St Conleths Community College, station road. Newbridge. Co Kildare. Sign on on the day not pre entry. More information to follow soon"

No times mentioned, or am I missing something?

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Mugser wrote:
    Anyone got any further info on the Newbridge GP down for this Sunday? Not much on the CI website. Last update on their bookface page on Feb 27th; "Newbridge GP 10th March 2019. New sign on at St Conleths Community College, station road. Newbridge. Co Kildare. Sign on on the day not pre entry. More information to follow soon"

Always go to the club Facebook page for accurate and up-to-date information.

Don't get dropped going up the hill, don't get dropped going down the hill, and try and not get dropped on the flat bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Hope someone can help. I’ve not received my licence or numbers yet. Can I still race without them?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

eoz wrote: »
    Hope someone can help. I’ve not received my licence or numbers yet. Can I still race without them?
    Summer hill last Saturday if you didn’t have your license you could race once you had your confirmation email and if ya had some spare numbers yourself not sure if this will apply to every race suppose you would have to contact The promoting club to be sure

Bring last years numbers, and ask the comms. It will be at the Comms discretion, not the organising clubs but I haven't heard of anyone being refused before. Just have your license on your phone for them as well. They will check the online system if there is 4G reception at sign on.

Advertisement