Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Track of the Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Just want to add a little explanation first before i post this,

I know i must have posted this at some point way back on this thread or another one, but there are a few new enough posters here that may not have come across some of the tracks from the past, Mrsoundie, Iamamoron, Waynescales, Madyaker and more.

Forgive me if i a presumptuous in thinking that you are young enough not to have been around when this was out or have not come a cross it before, my apologies if i am wide of the mark, if i am not though i hope you really enjoy this,

One of the most memorable and energising tracks i ever heard in the Asylum, still has the ability to make the hairs on my arms stand up........

I will post up over the next while my top twenty favorite tracks of all time from that era for anyone that may not have heard them before.

This is first one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Great stuff Asylumkey never made it to Sackville street my self , I cut me onions on the dancefloor in Hounslow, love the buzz man and dancing away.

It would be a great buzz to get a venue going for the masssssssive , gigggy gigggy den den.

I am a bit of a jungle junckie , apols etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Advertisement

Absolute powerhouse of a track,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

747 - Mystery of Pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I know i must have posted this at some point way back on this thread or another one, but there are a few new enough posters here that may not have come across some of the tracks from the past, Mrsoundie, Iamamoron, Waynescales, Madyaker and more.

Forgive me if i a presumptuous in thinking that you are young enough not to have been around when this was out or have not come a cross it before, my apologies if i am wide of the mark, if i am not though i hope you really enjoy this,

One of the most memorable and energising tracks i ever heard in the Asylum, still has the ability to make the hairs on my arms stand up........

I will post up over the next while my top twenty favorite tracks of all time from that era for anyone that may not have heard them before.

This is first one.

Not a massive Oliver Lieb fan, however, this is phenomenal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

This is first one.

Mr TheAsYLuMkeY thanks for thinking of me as being someone young, I wish I was.

I have been wracking my brain about all the bootleg tapes I bought in the late eighties and early nineties. But all those dark rooms and repetative beats have done me memory in. I would even go so far as being the oldest poster in this thread.

But, its great to listen to all the suggetions that everyone has for their Track of The Day. One has been even so good that I went and bought the album, big thanks to Scubadevils for that one, Nu Era are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A nice peak time bit of techno from the brilliant Richard Fearless of Death in Vegas fame... lovely and warped, quality. Great album too, just released last November.

https://www.discogs.com/Richard-Fearless-Deep-Rave-Memory/release/14439692

Richard Fearless - Atlas of Instanity

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This one was first brought to my attention by the starter of this thread many years back, this has to be for me the best discovered track from this forum i have ever had yet, it is an absolute powerhouse........

Thanks Scubadevils

Yeah that's a monster of a track - thanks for bringing back to my attention!

I have to throw this one in there, there is something about this track that just really ignites the place with buzzing energy, and usually big wide grins on your face also, this one shows you that Rave music doesn't have to be all about black and white photos with DJ's looking very intensely at some equipment with perfectly trimmed hair and beards and designer T - shirts..............

love this guy's stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was going to pick a few tracks out of this and post them but the whole thing is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Another one that brings a massive smile to my face, i can still recall the atmosphere when this used to come on, absolute joy/ecstasy/happiness/friendship and the place hopping with energy at any hour.........

Some serious freaks at that Boiler room in Berlin. Fair play to them. They measure factor 7 on the Gurning Scale. Nice one.

From the Maceo Plex set, WHAT a ****in' tune.

This one for me i cannot begin to describe the sensation/perception created when it went into the breakdown at 02:59 seconds, it felt like it was almost something speaking to you in your mind.........cant explain it,

That breakdown and build up, at 4am, place boiling hot, sweat and condensation dripping from everywhere, sound system way over spec, tucked away in a basement with no fear of having to look over your shoulder for bouncers etc allowed you to lose yourself completely in the music and the moments,

Absolute class,

• Advertisement

From the Maceo Plex set, WHAT a ****in' tune.

Very nicely paced, would sit right as a start of a night track.

Another cracking Broomer remix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Love this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

francois wrote: »
    love this guy's stuff

Another one from this guy..

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Another one from this guy..

Yeah got that, really excellent track

I ****ing despair....

francois wrote: »
    I ****ing despair....

Ahh stop...... its not Elon musk himself really?

This was absolutely lethal being spun, that cutting 303 sample thats ripping into you that starts at 02:24, holy sh1t the power and energy it created, if there was ever a track that could lift an entire rave right up this is one of them.

Elon Musk should know that dance music snobs officially banned the drum roll in the mid nineties... that guy is an amateur.

I would say it is someone who doesn't like him just ripping the piss. No one would genuinely produce such crap, it doesn't add up.

• Advertisement

That Musk tune wasn't that bad, I've heard worse.

Advertisement