Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas fair

• 27-09-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for any Christmas Craft Fairs to attend this year. If anybody should know of any i.e. dates locations contacts etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

Where u based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ttomasso

There is one in Foxford on the first December weekend
    -
    anybody knows about any christmas fair in Westport or Castlebar (County Mayo)?
    -
    I appretiate your answers :-)
    thanx!
    Tomas
    http://irishpanorama.net

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

Anyone know if the Arts & Crafts show is returing this year to the RDS, Dublin? I cant seem to find anything about this anywhere. Last years show was very good, I got a few nice xmas presents from it so I'm hoping to return. I think it was in Mid November last year! Any info would be greatly appriciated. :)

its on from the 5th-9th Dec this year in the rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Laois christmas craft fair.

17th-18th November, St Mary's Hall, Portlaoise

For application forms please email:

teresa@derrincrafts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 karen harper

Hi I'm Karen Harper
    Editor of NOTICEBOARD, newsletter to artists and crafts people in Ireland.
    Below is the info I have gathered so far about Christmas Fairs.
    Hope this helps.

To join mailing list for NOTICEBOARD email me at karen.noticeboard@gmail.com
    Thanks Karen

==========================

MARKETS/FAIRS

The IOMST (International Operators, markets and Street traders) look after all the aspects that come with setting up markets, plus they will represent the trader if the need arises.
    Their site www.eventsmarketsireland.com can give you information about all the markets in Ireland, and they also provide insurance for the stall holder.
    Their dairy of events are found at:
    http://www.eventsmarketsireland.com/news.php
    This might be good if you have not a craft to sell and want a different audience.

===================================

Another place to look for fairs is yahoos Upcoming…

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/

====================================

A couple of fairs in Dublin are:

Nov 16
    Friday Winter Fair –2007
    Dun Laoghaire- Rathdown County Enterprise Board are now seeking applications for the third annual Winter Fair. This rapidly developing retail fair is being held for the second year in Dalkey Castle & Heritage Centre
    Dalkey village, Dublin. Contact Suzanne May at suzannemay@killeenhouse.com

—————————–
    Nov 23
    Friday Marlay Christmas Fair
    Christmas fair in Rathfarnham, Dublin, is ready to take bookings and I have to say it is a fantastic Fair to be involved in. The atmosphere and Christmas buzz is perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit…. Marlay Park, Rathfarnham, Co Dublin

Phone: 01-4954473 Sonja Ewen
    Mobile: 087 -675 33 58
    Email: marlaycraftfair@hotmail.com

===================================

For a list of markets in Ireland, check out:
    http://www.bordbia.ie/go/Consumers/Buying_Food/Farmers_Markets/fm_market_listing.html

================================================

Christmas Craft Fair

Date: Sunday 18th November 2007 12pm- 6pm
    Fee: 50 Euro per table.
    Conditions: All Articles For Sale Must Be Handcrafted In Ireland.
    The Christmas Craft Fair,
    please call Mary Lee Beegan for an Application Form.
    Hilamar Hotel,
    Main Street,
    Kinnegad,
    Co. Westmeath

tel: 087-6288919 or 087-2902607

—————————

Designer Arts and Crafts, Natural Health/Beauty Fair

Sunday 11th November 2007. Celtic Ross Hotel,
    Rosscarbery, Co Cork
    Open to the public 10.30 am - 6pm.
    Stands Available - 6ft x 2ft tables wall tables €140.
    Centre Tables €110.

For further information contact T: Jennie White
    023 22868 or 086 170 3635

The Rosscarbery fair has a fantastic reputation, get in quick if there is still places.

———————————-

Craft Fair at The Linenhall Arts Centre

Will be held on Saturday 8th December with application
    forms available in September.

For further information contact Alex Nicholson 087 6320705
    alecman@eircom.net
    or
    Brendan Murphy 087 6987340 murphyshalfacre@eircom.net.

The Linenhall Arts Centre
    Castlebar
    County Mayo
    ————————–

Christmas Craft Trail: Call for Submissions
    Wexford Arts Centre invites submissions from craft artists to exhibit in the Christmas Craft Trail from 23rd November to 23rd December 2007. This curated craft trail will take place in a number of venues in Wexford town including the arts centre. Interested applicants are asked to submit an up to date CV, and examples of work to date i.e. documentation in the form of 10 jpegs, CD / DVD / CD Rom. Full details for each image are required, i.e. title, medium, measurements, date of work, insurance value, retail value. The selection will be made by professional adjudicator and all work selected will be of a professional standard. Closing date for submissions is 5p.m. Friday September 9th 2007. For further information please contact catherine@wexfordartscentre.ie or 053 9123764. Applications can be emailed or posted to Wexford Arts Centre, Cornmarket, Wexford.

IRISH CRAFT ASSOCIATION
    presents

FEEDBACK

CRAFT workers
    CRAFT suppliers
    ARTISTS
    CRAFT services

Thursday 1st November 07

10.30 am - 11.45am
    Hanlay Centre, Dunlaoire

All crafts/artists, suppliers, services welcome!

Are you interested in more business, getting a good, reliable supplier, meeting other artists and crafts people in your area—to share information, help with projects or just to meet like minded people.

If Yes is the answer to any of the above, then this meeting is for you!!

Contact: Karen Harper to book a place on Thursday 1st November 07

086 888 5321 Karen.noticeboard@gmail.com

IRISH CRAFT ASSOCIATION—TO SUPPORT, ASSIST AND MOVE YOU FORWARD IN YOUR CRAFT BUSINESS

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

rosyposy wrote: »
    Where u based?

Hello Rosyposy,

I am based in Dublin, but I am covering areas within a four hour drive from dublin.

Many thanks Rosyposy:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerryberry

There's also a Christmas Craft Fair in in Croke Park on the weekend of 16th-18th November.... and there's a smaller craft fair on in Taney Church Hall in Dundrum the 2nd Sat. of each month, the next is 10th Nov and then 8th Dec.
    HTH :)

Great Info kerryberry,
    would you have a contact for the croke park one?if not no worries i'll just do a web search and see what i can find. Myself and John doing the Laragh fair in Wicklow this Sunday

• Advertisement

Hello kerryberry,

Do you have a contact number for the organiser of this event.

Many thanks
    Antopanto
    :)

Hey antopanto

I found the contact on crokepark.ie in the upcoming events. I rang the number today but just got voicemail.

Edit:
    Sry just saw it was Taney Church u were looking for!

I would love to do a nationwide database of all fairs in Ireland.

If you would like to let me know where and what you attended it will be available to everyone in plenty of time for next year.
    It can benefit customers and stall holders.

From putting my details in this forum, I have been called daily to see about fairs and people are looking for places to buy crafts.
    You can email me or put the fairs on this forum.

Karen.noticeboard@gmail.com

Each quarter I will return and put a list of the next fairs happening.:)

It would be great to get a little detail about them, size of venue, how many stalls, parking, admission fee, organisation standard...anything you feel would be relevant!
    Thanks!

antopanto wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking for any Christmas Craft Fairs to attend this year. If anybody should know of any i.e. dates locations contacts etc

Did anybody do well at this Fair, everyone I spoke to lost money, some of the traders lost €1000s:eek::mad:

If that was the case Im glad we didnt do it,they were looking to do a deal with us as we would have been booking late but we just didnt have the time. Its also a big overhead for a small business like us. I would have thought it would have gone well,but you really dont know at these things.:rolleyes:

theres a xmas fair in Germaines Baltinglass 10am-5pm on this Sunday 25th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerryberry

Sorry only getting back to this now :o

I did the Croke Park fair alright. While I did make a profit it wasn't a big one and I know lots of the other stall holders around me said it was a disaster... I think lots of the punters were just looking and very few actually buying. I know the organisers also had a lot of trouble with Croke Park and internal politics etc....

I don't have the number for the Taney market to hand, I'll have a route for it but I think if you ring the Taney parish hall they'll give it to you. I think they have a website too...

Great idea about compiling a detailed list of fairs Karen. I'd be very interested in that. Will email you with info that i have....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MyAmber

There is a very good market at Dublin Docklands:
    http://tinyurl.com/2dte83

See you there.

Did anybody do well at this Fair, everyone I spoke to lost money, some of the traders lost €1000s:eek::mad:

i heard that alright. A member of our group was at it.
    Its a struggle this year. Numbers attending are down and they arent spending.

I am off to do the RDS and will let you know how it goes.

But i know someone who did the leopordstown one. They were looking forward to it as the customers last year were buying like mad. This person routinely sells out of her stock.

This year she didnt cover the cost of her stall.

HI Kerry Berry
    Are you or did you know the person that was doing the Christmas Novelty Jumpers at Croke Park...they are sought after and I have someone desperately looking for an XXL.
    Karen

• Advertisement

Update: Well i did ok at the RDS, but numbers were well down this year.
    It has been the same story throuighout as people are not spending.
    I am hearing figures quoted as a 40% drop in attendance.

I have completed my last one and it wasn't great, they were arguing over 2 euros for handmade cards.
    And the cry was the same "too expensive".

we did the Laragh Craft Fair in Wicklow and it went well, although numbers were slightly down we did nearly as good as last year. They organisers made a good effort for it aswell, with tea rooms, carol singers etc.

Sometimes I think its the small things that lets the fairs down. I called to a two-week long one during the week that was well advertised. It was in a closed up shop on a busy main street, but still there was barely a sign and not a stitch of an xmas light or decoration at the entrance:rolleyes:, its a pity, as the quality of work at it was good.

Rosyposy: the larragh one i Did during the summer but it was the wrong season for my stuff. It conflicted with the RDS this year.

yea it helps that Johns work(the photographer and other half) is based in Wicklow so we usually do well enough there. What do you do?

candles:

Rosyposy where you there during the summer. I think i met you? Wildlife photography wasnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

was at the crafts fair in the rds and my cousin had to pay a grand for her stand at the balcony. i think she just broke even but stands were even more expensive in the main section of the hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 askay

Hello,

St. David's Christmas Fair, (Arts, Crafts, Antiques + Santa). Venue: Seafront, Greystones.December 6, Diverse range of stalls which include: Handcrafted Jewellery & Clothing; Christmas Wreathes & Swags; Ceramic & Wooden Crafts; Antiques & Collectables; Paintings; Photographic Prints & Books; Festive Home Baked Products; Children’s Books, Toys and Ethnic Clothing; Christmas Trinkets & Decorations and a variety of Giftware and Accessories.

Hope this helps
    askay1@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

There's a good ncad one on in cultivate I think the second saturday in december. Some great work on show last year, always something interesting and extraordinary to pick up for an untraditional gift. And my gf might be selling some of her baking which is a good enough reason to go in itself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Castleknock Educate Together NS are holding one on the 30th of this Month. Crafts and gifts. Coffee shop with home baking too.

Starts 10.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

The National College of Art and Design Christmas Fair is happening in the Cultivate Centre, Essex St, Dublin 2 on 6th December.

Advertisement