Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fran O'Toole Grave

• 30-03-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the grave of Fran O'Toole, of The Miami Showband is?

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

I may be mistaken, but I thought it was in St. Peter's, Little Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Yes, it's in St. Peters in little Bray. I visist sometimes along with Seamus Costellos who's buried in the same graveyard. It's a pretty big graveyard so it can be hard to find, but it's close to the right hand side when you walk in about half way up.

Fran also has the bridge that connects little Bray to Bray town named after him, and there's one of those blue plaques on the house he lived in with his name & date of birth & death on it, which is just around the corner from Bray Dart station.

The clips of his funeral are so sad, his dad was in absolute bits and needed to be lifted up fom Fran's coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Fran also has the bridge that connects little Bray to Bray town named after him, and there's one of those blue plaques on the house he lived in with his name & date of birth & death on it, which is just around the corner from Bray Dart station.

It's nice to see him being remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

bobbyss wrote: »
    It's nice to see him being remembered.

For sure, he had the potential to be a huge star, like an Irish Beatle, he was a great piano player, could sing, had charisma, modest, girls loved him, he was just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭bobbyss

For sure, he had the potential to be a huge star, like an Irish Beatle, he was a great piano player, could sing, had charisma, modest, girls loved him, he was just great.

Yes I remember him. An Irish David Cassidy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thank you.

I found his grave & paid my respects.

I asked a few people in the graveyard if they knew where the grave was. Most people were at his funeral. Most knew him or grew up with him or were family friends or remembered his Dad at the funfair attraction.

I was a very young child when The Miami was around. But I have read so much about them recently. Clearly, they were loved. Their deaths were tragic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

45th anniversary of the massacre today. RIP Fran, Brian and Tony. Gone far too young, but not forgotten.

And credit to Ronan Collins who always pays tribute to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

45th anniversary of the massacre today. RIP Fran, Brian and Tony. Gone far too young, but not forgotten.

And credit to Ronan Collins who always pays tribute to them.

If I'm not mistaken there is a memorial to the Miami outside the old National Ballroom in Parnell Sq. ( It could be placed somewhere a bit more prominent now though since the National is gone)
    Ronan is very good that way. He also always plays a tribute to Tom Dunphy who was killed in a traffic accident a few days before the Miami murders.
    If you google "You tube Tom Dunphy memorial" you will find a lovely piece covering the memorial erected in Drumsna by the Jimmy Magee All Stars.

I'm not taking from Fran O Toole. Fran was a great musician. I first saw him in the Seapoint Salthill with the Miami and also in the Majestic Mallow and Arcadia Cork.
    It was a terrible week in a terrible year. His widow left Ireland and went to Canada.

Advertisement