Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bobby Kerr Businessman on Newstalk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

D1stant wrote: »
    You mean Dill Everyones-racist-against-me-because-Im-a-SriLankan-Lesbian?

Yes. Good call

I don't know her name, but the show is called Global Village. Jesus, it's dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

D1stant wrote: »

Montcrief is the best thing on radio. All verbal ticks forgiven.

Sean's surely morphed into Elmer Fudd - his delivery oft-punctuated by a series of staccato eh, em, uh, b.b..but's etc.

I used to enjoy Moncrieff and I know it's a minority view, but the show kinda grates when I catch it now.

It reminds me of a drawn out version of 'And finally...' on ITN News - too much fluff like alien abductees, hipster American authors and myriad other wacky but all too familiar items. It's mildly amusing on occasion but the way some people go on, you'd think Sean was a frickin' comedy God.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No fan of Nora but Bobby is on a different level especially on one of his outside broadcasts,all thats missing is the circus music in the background
    Cant we just agree that they are both dire?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ad83

I was sent on a corporate ethnic sensitivity training course some years ago given by a certain woman ( i believe the afternoon( 2 - 5) course cost somewhere in the region of 10k - boom times )

I would be a fairly quiet person but could not bite my lip any more when she accused the class of being racist because they worked for a company who hired qualified candidates over unqualified

when I and some others questioned her on this she unleashed a list of similar issues she has(with Irish people I believe ) which she considers as racism including people who has an issue with welfare fraud

not sure if this is relevant to this thread but have waited since 2007 to tell this story as i don't know anyone who listens to any show on newstalk on saturday nights with whom i could share this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

ad83 wrote: »
    I was sent on a corporate ethnic sensitivity training course some years ago given by a certain woman ( i believe the afternoon( 2 - 5) course cost somewhere in the region of 10k - boom times )

I would be a fairly quiet person but could not bite my lip any more when she accused the class of being racist because they worked for a company who hired qualified candidates over unqualified

when I and some others questioned her on this she unleashed a list of similar issues she has(with Irish people I believe ) which she considers as racism including people who has an issue with welfare fraud

not sure if this is relevant to this thread but have waited since 2007 to tell this story as i don't know anyone who listens to any show on newstalk on saturday nights with whom i could share this

Was this course given by the same woman who does this show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

he does a lot for the irish economy like buying all the sandwiches for insomnia from a company in newry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It reminds me of a drawn out version of 'And finally...' on ITN News - too much fluff like alien abductees, hipster American authors and myriad other wacky but all too familiar items. It's mildly amusing on occasion but the way some people go on, you'd think Sean was a frickin' comedy God.

These "wacky stories" which have usually been on a minimum of BBC, theJournal.ie and Broadsheet.ie for at least three days before one of his "researchers" passes them to him to read on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The mans an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

That accolade should go to George Hook, interrupting guests, spitting into the mike and going on and on about lovely Ingrid.
    Hate presenters discussing their families on air, as if we gave a sh*t. Tom Dunne is another offender.

And pronounces the number 'six' as 'sex'....*shudders*

+1

Tom Dunne mentions his missus EVERY show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

surferdudz wrote: »
    +1

Tom Dunne mentions his missus EVERY show...

Blokes on the radio that mention their missus all the time are usually cheating and on cocaine.
    Probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

stoneill wrote: »
    Blokes on the radio that mention their missus all the time are usually cheating and on cocaine.
    Probably.

Ray D'arcy took it one step further and started playing happy families with his co-presenter. Needless to say, I don't listen to his show anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

syklops wrote: »
    Do you mean Joe Duffy? He's pretty shocking too.

No, Keith Duffy. As in the guy from Boyzone.

Every now and then, he pops up on 98fm for a couple of weeks. For sheer comedy value, he's worth a listen.

His voice bugs the piss out of me, have to switch it over whenever he's on. Of course Newstalk do have Marc Coleman, author of The Best is Yet to Come as their Head of Business or whatever title he's carrying.

This book, published late 2007, tells us all how, far from the bubble bursting, we are actually on the cusp of a Golden Age that could last 30 years or more!!
    Haha never knew that! He always struck me as someone who spoke a lot of sense but this certainly lowers his credibility somewhat

Ray D'arcy took it one step further and started playing happy families with his co-presenter. Needless to say, I don't listen to his show anymore.
    What happened there actually? Gory details please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I really like that show!! And Dil!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really like that show!! And Dil!

Me too. She can be a bit too 'right on maaaaaan' and there's sometimes an element of community radio to the show but she usually has interesting guests and topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

What happened there actually? Gory details please

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very very much....

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

i know bobby's brother well - Wan

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should have gone for Wayne. It's a proper name too.

Ahh, you're young, you'll learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Bobby Kerr on newstalk right now.

• Advertisement

Should have gone for Wayne. It's a proper name too.

Ahh, you're young, you'll learn.

Juan Kerr ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Matching the curtains and the carpets....." cue a moment of just stifled giggling by Bobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"Matching the curtains and the carpets....." cue a moment of just stifled giggling by Bobby.

No context for your comment... 3 yr old thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If you were listening...anyway I found this thread on google (boards search being shi'te) and assumed it was on the radio forum. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

This mans voice is like vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

debok wrote: »
    4 years

To be fair, his voice hasn’t ”changed” much in that time.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

was listening to his show today - he didn't sound well at all - like he was struggling for breath - anyone know is he ill? i know he can cancer a few years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

sporina wrote: »
    was listening to his show today - he didn't sound well at all - like he was struggling for breath - anyone know is he ill? i know he can cancer a few years ago..

He has always sounded a bit wheezy.

As an aside, I would know him relatively well through my business. He's an absolute gentleman. One of the good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

He seems like a nice man.

But he has not got a voice for radio.

Advertisement