Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Deskside sipping on a cotton ball mayfield 5 lager

Had to google. A cork brewery of course. Do you know what I was drinking tonight..

Alcoholic sparkling water! :D Finally, total confirmation that I'm a sad old loser. I loved it tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had to google. A cork brewery of course. Do you know what I was drinking tonight..

Alcoholic sparkling water! :D Finally, total confirmation that I'm a sad old loser. I loved it tbh.

Ahh you're not, nothing wrong with that if you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bedtime, they're just repeating the episodes from earlier now .
    Foggy night here, very still and quiet, stay safe all :)

Ahh you're not, nothing wrong with that if you like it.

:) Thanks. It's flavoured sparkling water with alcohol. Only 95 calories. I expected I wouldn't like it but I really did and now it might be my drink of choice. I mean it's basically really healthy right, and hangovers must be impossible at only 4.5% and it being water and all.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Night Mam!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:) Thanks. It's flavoured sparkling water with alcohol. Only 95 calories. I expected I wouldn't like it but I really did and now it might be my drink of choice. I mean it's basically really healthy right, and hangovers must be impossible at only 4.5% and it being water and all.

Cheaper too?.....so now you have more money now to spend on the cats :-P :-P
    Mam of 4 wrote: »

Night mam sweet dreams, foggy ehhh? spooky :-P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Interesting, tell me more?.

Interesting, tell me more?.

It's called white claw seltzer and they sell it in Tesco. It's 3 cans for 8.85. The chery one is the nicest imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh yes, heard of that, interesting sounds like a good alternative

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Did someone mention fog??

Night night all...sweet dreams! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, night one and all:)

Paperwork and tunes. La la la la

That night ground on and on but skedaddle time beckons, maybe watch some bikes racing online later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Wet and cold outside, now for another coffee:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd do anything for a weekend away too. :(

Me too, and a week in the sun after please.

I'm about to wash floors unless there's any volunteers?

Anyone?

Deskside with the sweet stuff, woke up late

Me too, and a week in the sun after please.

I'm about to wash floors unless there's any volunteers?

Anyone?

ObviousBlandJoey-small.gif

:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Inspired by The Home Edit on Netflix I have just finished organising my utility room.

Don’t know if anyone has watched it. They are, like, super annoying the way they talk, like, but I like their approach. They don't make people feel bad for having too much stuff, just help them organise it better. They do organising for Hollywood stars and I have to laugh at some of the closets and pantries that are nearly as big as my whole house! And if I bought all the lovely containers and clear storage boxes they use, I’d probably be bankrupt.

Anyway time for a rest now, maybe I’ll tackle the kitchen presses in a few years' time :pac:

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Inspired by The Home Edit on Netflix I have just finished organising my utility room.

Don’t know if anyone has watched it. They are, like, super annoying the way they talk, like, but I like their approach. They don't make people feel bad for having too much stuff, just help them organise it better. They do organising for Hollywood stars and I have to laugh at some of the closets and pantries that are nearly as big as my whole house! And if I bought all the lovely containers and clear storage boxes they use, I’d probably be bankrupt.

Anyway time for a rest now, maybe I’ll tackle the kitchen presses in a few years' time :pac:

:D

I need to watch that. I have clothes spread between my house and my dad's because there's so much. I use a spare room here as a kind of dressing room but the storage is all wonky in that I'm not utilising it properly. And don't even get me started on duvet sets and sheets.

Time to do food shopping.
    Much excitement. So wow.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭3d4life

...Time to do food shopping.
    Much excitement. So wow.

Hunting YT last night I stumbled on a whole new ( to me ) genre :

"Food Haul" channels

typified by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkpcQ1zIrOg ( over 220,000 views :eek: )
    Still cant figure it out

I'm homeside, listening to Beyond Our Ken ( a repeat from 1960 )

3d4life wrote: »
    Hunting YT last night I stumbled on a whole new ( to me ) genre :

"Food Haul" channels

typified by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkpcQ1zIrOg ( over 220,000 views :eek: )
    Still cant figure it out

I'm homeside, listening to Beyond Our Ken ( a repeat from 1960 )

Do you have an Olddog with you by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭3d4life

980x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside

back at my folk's house for the weekend :)

random question but if i took painkillers before a routine blood test, would it show up in the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

couchside

back at my folk's house for the weekend :)

random question but if i took painkillers before a routine blood test, would it show up in the results?

What kind of painkillers and what kind of blood test?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What kind of painkillers and what kind of blood test?

Painkillers such as panadol etc, just a routine blood test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Painkillers such as panadol etc, just a routine blood test

Paracetamol should be fine, asperin or ibuprofen are blood thinners so probably best to avoid.as they could skew some measurements. No harm in mentioning to whoever is doing the test what you've taken as ievem paracetamol might effect some readings. They'll just make a note on the test request form. It wouldn't show up on the test unless they are specifically looking for signs of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

They call this place the end of the earth, 2000 feet plateau drops off to the lowlands below.

529719.jpeg

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Paracetamol should be fine, asperin or ibuprofen are blood thinners so probably best to avoid.as they could skew some measurements. No harm in mentioning to whoever is doing the test what you've taken as ievem paracetamol might effect some readings. They'll just make a note on the test request form. It wouldn't show up on the test unless they are specifically looking for signs of it

thanks sardonicat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi guys. Hope you're all having a nice Sunday. Does anyone know where I could buy saucepan lids? There are 2 that are broken but the pans are absolutely fine.
    Homestore have them but they're expensive for just a lid.
    Thanks.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭thomil

Do you have a TK Maxx or HomeSense in range, Purple? They'd be my first port of call to be honest, their homewares sections have all kinds of loose bits like those...

Deskside, enjoying the prospect of two whole weeks of doing sweet Foxtrot Alpha and even having an excuse not to go outside!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

thomil wrote: »
    Do you have a TK Maxx or HomeSense in range, Purple? They'd be my first port of call to be honest, their homewares sections have all kinds of loose bits like those...

Deskside, enjoying the prospect of two whole weeks of doing sweet Foxtrot Alpha and even having an excuse not to go outside!

OK thanks, that'll be my next research.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement