Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G and Ms G had a cheapo four cheese pizza and chips this evening. They didn't want garlic bread with it.:( But sure they devoured it anyway. My last bit of spicy beef stir fry is close. Rice and chips with it. Another glass of beer before it. Really trying to believe I'm in a pub and getting a takeaway on the way home.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I'd massacre a kebab.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Munching on all the Haribo we bought for the non existent trick or treaters. :(:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

IMG20201017200613.jpg

Little brother cooked for us, fennel pasta sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

IMG20201017200613.jpg

Little brother cooked for us, fennel pasta sausage

Very nice presentation and it looks very tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very nice presentation and it looks very tasty!

It was savage!

s1ippy wrote: »
    I'd massacre a kebab.

A dirty big Doner with chips. Bite into it and it runs down your chin. Scoop it up and throw it back in yer gob. A handful of chips in on top of it. Mop it all up with the fingers.:D I've never ever eaten a Kebab sober.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've never ever eaten a Kebab sober.:D
    " " "

Must prep some for next weekend to have in a debauched frenzy and buy some of that nutritionally devoid iceberg lettuce for authenticity. I don't know how to shave off bits of lamb in the requisite way, but we'll figure out something. :D

" " "

Must prep some for next weekend to have in a debauched frenzy and buy some of that nutritionally devoid iceberg lettuce for authenticity. I don't know how to shave off bits of lamb in the requisite way, but we'll figure out something. :D

Its not lamb!:eek: Its a lambish slab of something, but bring it on! Don't forget the sauce.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Tinned sardine 'pâté' on wholegrain brown toast sprinkled with crunchy Maldon sea salt. Washed down with two mugs of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,345 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Its not lamb!:eek: Its a lambish slab of something, but bring it on! Don't forget the sauce.:D

I just read the ingredients in Asda’s kebab meat (600g). Basically 60% chicken 20% each of beef and lamb.

After the spice of the last few days its back to traditional. Roast chicken dinner, mashed spuds, peas, turnip and carrot mash, croquettes and chicken gravy. Gonna break up the last of the Aldi mini choc chip muffins and have chocolate ice cream on top.

IMG-20201018-160344.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A nice cold bottle of Heineken from the fridge, thinking a toasted ham cheese tomato and onion sandwich for a little snack in a while.

GoneHome wrote: »
    A nice cold bottle of Heineken from the fridge, thinking a toasted ham cheese tomato and onion sandwich for a little snack in a while.

A toasted special! My fave lunch snack. I butter mine on both sides before I grill it. Hunky Dorys on the side.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

[QUOTE=Grandeeod;114971527 Hunky Dorys on the side.:D[/QUOTE]

I generally stock up on different brands when doing the big shop, this week 'tis Walkers cheese and onion although I actually prefer the Walkers salt and vinegar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Roast Chicken and roasted Roosters smeared in salt and butter. Served with fresh Cauliflower boiled and smothered in a Blue, Cheddar and Parmesan Creamy cheese sauce, heavily seasoned.

Onion Gravy

Smashed cinnamon and ginger biscuits flaked over a large bowl of freshly made vanilla ice cream with a side of melted chocolate and honeycomb shavings. Wild blackberry picked this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

I'm starving but can't get off the couch due to pure laziness.

:D Living up to your username I see. I admire your dedication.

trashcan wrote: »
    :D Living up to your username I see. I admire your dedication.

I do my best to stay authentic..no effort required. ☺️

Just had a Chinese takeaway, chicken curry, chicken balls, fried rice and chips, just a big plate of chips,rice and satay sauce for myself, smothered in vinegar. Can of Coors light as an accompaniment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Just home from work, too tired to cook for myself. So having a Brandy before bed.

Lemon curd on toast with Kerrygold. Mug of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I cooked a sweet and sour and a curry this evening but decided not to have any. I plated it and will have it tomorrow. I decided just to have some toast and tea this evening.

The Last Supper.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Last Supper.:mad:

Can you get a takeaway tomorrow night G , lift the spirits a little?
    You know where I am if you need an ear to vent to .

I got treated to a SuperSub today , first time ever having one , opted for The Club .
    Turkey , ham , bacon , tomato, lettuce, onion , with mozzarella and Chipotle sauce .
    They are fecking huge!

Fried egg sandwich with HP sauce. Mug of tea.

Our water supply poisoned us so it's been bananas, rice, apples and toast all day. Chanced a bit of baked chicken and plain mash for dinner but the OH is worse now.

Feck Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Our water supply poisoned us so it's been bananas, rice, apples and toast all day. Chanced a bit of baked chicken and plain mash for dinner but the OH is worse now.

Feck Irish Water.

What happened?! That's awful. Ginger tea is really good for upset tummy

Irish water said they were just causally flushing the mains supply today but over the weekend a rake of people in my area got badly sick.

We've got the camomile tea but I'll have to remember to get ginger next time, although I badly hope there is no next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Irish water said they were just causally flushing the mains supply today but over the weekend a rake of people in my area got badly sick.

We've got the camomile tea but I'll have to remember to get ginger next time, although I badly hope there is no next time...

Jesus that's awful! Ginger tea is very effective but as you say let's hope you wont need it.
    Hope you feel better soon. What a **** Monday all round *shakes fist angrily*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Club wafer chocolate bar

• Advertisement

Poached salmon, sweet potato mash and cherry tomatoes roasted in olive oil with garlic.

Advertisement