Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got old comics to sell/get valued? Looking for something? POST ONLY IN THIS THREAD.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've found another site, nostomania.com, that reckons a mint copy is worth over $2k. That said, the range of Mint to Near-Mint goes from $2320 to $130, and they also reckon there's not a lot of demand for it, which makes sense considering the recent widespread release of Absolute Watchmen. (See attached PDF).

If you can find a hardcore collector who's looking for it, you may be able to get a tidy sum for it, although you'll probably need to submit it for grading as part of the deal (to prove that it conforms to the comic fanboy's suitable obsessive definition of Mint/Near Mint - see here for details).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RonnieT

Hi all, I wonder can anyone give me an idea of the value of a complete set of Warrior magazines ? They were a creator owned British publication, early 80's I think, original V for Vendetta / Marvelman by Alan Moore etc. I loved them when they came out, buying them when I saw them, then later I went hunting for the complete set.

From memory, there's 25 issues. All are in at least Very Good condition. Any ideas ? If I was going to sell, I'd want to pass on the entire set.

Thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

RonnieT wrote: »
    Hi all, I wonder can anyone give me an idea of the value of a complete set of Warrior magazines ? They were a creator owned British publication, early 80's I think, original V for Vendetta / Marvelman by Alan Moore etc. I loved them when they came out, buying them when I saw them, then later I went hunting for the complete set.

From memory, there's 25 issues. All are in at least Very Good condition. Any ideas ? If I was going to sell, I'd want to pass on the entire set.

Thanks in advance:)

I've seen full sets sell on ebay for between $100 and $150

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RonnieT

Thanks ztoical, not quite as much as I'd hoped for... I'll be hanging on to them, I think! But thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

BopNiblets wrote: »
    How are my chances of finding a copy of Batman: The Man Who Laughs? I know it's out of print.
    I see a few on eBay USA now and then but they always get grabbed up quick.

I'm basically a newbie collector and I was wondering what my chances of getting one if I put a wanted ad up on adverts.ie or something?

Also like to know the availability of "All Star Batman and Robin Boy Wonder", I heard it's not great but I really like Jim Lees Hush 1&2 and Frank Miller.

Thanks. :)

Quoting this one because l hope you might be able
    to tell me if A NO 1 of BATMAN...And The Ringer!
    would be worth anything? It doesn't say when it was
    published but the price on it is 1/.It says its by
    WORLD ADVENTURE LIBRARY.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Quoting this one because l hope you might be able
    to tell me if A NO 1 of BATMAN...And The Ringer!
    would be worth anything? It doesn't say when it was
    published but the price on it is 1/.It says its by
    WORLD ADVENTURE LIBRARY.
    Thanks in advance.

World Adventure library series was printed by English publisher World Distributors in the late 60's - I'm not 100% but I do believe the stories were original and not just reprints of the american comics [thou I'm open for correction] They only printed a short run [either 12 or 14 issues] for a bunch of different characters including batman and superman. I've had a quick look online and only listing I could see was for a full set of first issues of the whole world adventure library series [7 titles] selling for 55 pound sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thanks for that,it was more than l knew before,it is knocking
    around a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have about 300 issues of 2000ad from around 800 - 1100. I also have two old issues around the 200 mark, probably have a few specials in there too.

Are these worth anything? Whats the best way of getting rid of them? Sell individually on ebay direct or sell bulk to a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm afraid they're not really worth anything individually. Some of the later ones around 1100 might be worth a quid at most each, as they're a little rarer than 800-1000. But that's still pushing it. And you'd have a hard time finding people to buy them.

The thing about 2000AD is there are absolutely buckets of them floating about. Especially progs 400 - about 900. It really was all over the place. Those ones are only worth about 20c each at most.

It would have a certain amount of value as a collection though. If you could find the correct person to buy it from you. I've personally put together a collection of 1000 in the last couple of years, and most of that was either given to me for free or bought in bulk at car boot sales for next to nothing.

You'd be better off just hanging on to them! :)

- Actually, one place where I've picked up lots for cheap was that comic shop in temple bar. I can't remember the name. It's on the corner around from Temple Bar Music Centre. He always has old progs stocked. Might be worth your while asking if he wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Anyone know where I can find a copy of X-men 70 (by Joe Kelly and Carlos Pacheco, I think)....I have tried a lot of places and most just seem to go from 69-71. Dunno how I managed to miss out on it when it originally came out considering I have every other issue but I never expected it to be so hard to come across.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Do you mean this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Thank you good sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niall001

Hi Guys, I'm trying to sell some of my old comics on adverts.ie. If anyone is interested, they can have a look here:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=62999&cat=36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

I have these comics at home, still in fairly decent nick.

would I get much for them? and if not, how long do you think I'll have to wait until they gain a bit of value? or will they gain any value at all since they are just collections of stories from previously released comics.

eh?

0utpost31 wrote: »
    I have these comics at home, still in fairly decent nick.

would I get much for them? and if not, how long do you think I'll have to wait until they gain a bit of value? or will they gain any value at all since they are just collections of stories from previously released comics.

eh?

Fraid they are worth about 2euro if your lucky on ebay and thats about all they'll ever be worth as, like you said, they are just Marvel UK reprints of the american comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

as above- the brother has it..
    where could be bring it... is the forbidden planet still around???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

No where really. Its not worth a lot until its graded which costs a few quid. Get it graded and get it on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

sorry 1st of all must apoligise because was'nt sure where to post this ..
    my dad has a roy of the rovers annual from 1966 which he would like to get valued .. its in very good condition , no loose pages , no writing on it except for a scribble on one of the pages ... any one have any ideas on how much its worth or any sites where i could find out .. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Yeah, it's the wrong section, but no harm mate. :P
    Can't help you with the question though. Speaking of which, I think there's a Roy annual in one of my cupboards, wonder how old the thing is...

gerry99 wrote: »
    sorry 1st of all must apoligise because was'nt sure where to post this ..
    my dad has a roy of the rovers annual from 1966 which he would like to get valued .. its in very good condition , no loose pages , no writing on it except for a scribble on one of the pages ... any one have any ideas on how much its worth or any sites where i could find out .. ??

I'm afraid it doesn't look like it would be worth much. A quick look on ebay shows a few annuals from the 60's and 70's for sale and the highest asking price is $4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Anyone know the best way for me to sell a load of 200AD comics? (issues 912-1080 approx and some later ones including issue 2000)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way for me to sell a load of 200AD comics? (issues 912-1080 approx and some later ones including issue 2000)

Ah... remember back in the day when 200 AD sounded futuristic?

Oh and Progs... They're called progs.

Ah... remember back in the day when 200 AD sounded futuristic?

Oh and Progs... They're called progs.

What, back in 186AD?

6th wrote: »

Ok I did a least, not exactly the "must have list of 2000AD: but still:

912 - 936 (missing 927 & 933)
    951 - 1000 (missing 982, 992, 998 & 999)
    1000 - 1080 (missing 1001, 1016, 1033, 1063 & 1076)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Scuba G

I have recently found an aladdins cave of stuff in my folks attic from my youth! Its got early Marvel and DC comics (Planet of the Apes issue 1 circa 1975), Howard the Duck 1976 and Star Trek Magazines and comics in prestine condition from early 1990's. Also some Quantium Leap comics, Battle and Eagle, some from first edition to over 3 years worth. Where can I get them valued and possibly, depending on how much they are worth, sell them? I also have paperback editions of Star Wars and Star Trek books, special editions and all in very good condition. I used to be really into comics but now would be happy fr someone else who appreciates them to have them, for a cost of course:D Thanks for any replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Scuba G

Wookie5 wrote: »
    Yes I did get some but most went into archive.. As for Paul Duffy cant remeber tbh its been over 12 years since I worked there. Most of the stuff I have is from the early 80's with some gifts from marvel\dc from the 70's and reprints of issue #1 of superman spider man and a few others

Hi, was unable to PM you, but I used to work there aswell back in the 90's, I had a rake of comics from them which I got rid of years ago, unless they were originals from say the 70's, they dont really hold alot of value unless you get an a collector who is looking for the specific edition. Drop me a pm with who you worked with, I was on nights and would have left around 1998.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Have a copy of Killer comix from ,92.Anyone know if its collectable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭SM01

Hi All,

Clearing out old stuff from folks place and need to find a home for the following etc...

2000AD: 192 editions from progs 643 - 1179.
    2000AD Monthly: 11 issues from Aug '88 - June '91.
    Revolver: Issues 1 - 4.
    Judge Dredd Mega Special: Issue 4.
    Judge Dredd Megazine: Issues 12 and 15.
    Deadline: Feb 93 issue.
    QC Nemesis The Warlock: Issue 1.

The quality of these are hit and miss - some have pages torn etc. others are in good condition. Are they worth anything as a job lot? €50 a good offer for these or are they worth a bit more / less.

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hi im looking for the 1st issue of spiderman and obama comic, its sold out every were and ebay is not for me,
    so if you have it and want to sell it let me know i will be framing it on my wall, give me your best price, thanks

• Advertisement

hi im looking for the 1st issue of spiderman and obama comic, its sold out every were and ebay is not for me,
    so if you have it and want to sell it let me know i will be framing it on my wall, give me your best price, thanks
    I've moved your post into the Back Issues thread, but you'll want to widen your search avenues if you're set on getting a copy of this comic. Bear in mind that there are two covers out there, and the cover with Barack Obama on it is far less common than the other one. If not eBay, you should at least consider posting a Wanted ad on adverts.ie. That being said, your best bet would still be to get into one of the comic shops and ask them to order a copy of the second or third printings for you.

Advertisement