Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ToolSuppliers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markhoran@eirco

Hi Guys,
    Please have a look at my site for tools continually putting new products on it so check it out www.tools.ie email me if you are looking for something which is not on it, I can get most items at great prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 erreddy123

iam based in wexford and there is a paragon tools here is it the same shop you were mentioning can u update on this if u have any idea thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markhoran@eirco

No Paragon are a different company, visit www.tools.ie if you cant find what your looking for email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

PTRS, power tool repair services

33D Slaney Road, Dublin Industrial Estate,Glasnevin Dublin

01 6774193

Very friendly and efficient service,they also are stockists of a good range of tools,mainly Makita, Bosch blue,festool

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ennisa

aerosol, are they the guys in the same estate as woodies in glasnevin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Alan,yes same estate

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Yes Aerosol, two thumbs up for PTRS. They rebuilt a Makita SDS drill for me last year, fantastic job (works like a new drill) and a very reasonable price.Top class outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

power tool repair services

01 6774193

dont' ever waste time with others like mc quillians for power tools and they repair them onsite no sending off to manufacture

M. Donnely for Milwaukee are the chepest in Ireland.Milwaukee are the best by far

D&M Tools in U.K., I went to there tool show in kempton park every november for the past 2 years. They have a great service and selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Is there any shops that sell wood turning chisels in the Kilkenny area

Im thinkin of investoing in some begginer chisels

Its hard to buy on line - difficulty judging quality to match quality

Thanks in advance

Jimbo 22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You cant go wrong with record chisels. Good quality and not too expensive. In terms of starter chisels,I'll probably get slated for this but I would recommend getting the cheap and cheerfull boxed set sold at most carbooth/markets ect. Turning chisels need to sharpened on a grinder regularly which takes a fair bit of practise, I ruined quite a few in my time. The cheapies are great for getting used to turning but also grinding,they cost about €20 or less, in a while you can upgrade and let your nephew who keeps bugging you for a go use the cheapies,worked for me.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Ronaynes in thurles are not too far from you jimbo. They're record power agents as far as i know. Bought a load of stuff off themlast year ie two record cl3s, tools and accessories prices very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

aerosol wrote: »
    PTRS, power tool repair services

01 6774193

Very friendly and efficient service,they also are stockists of a good range of tools,mainly Makita, Bosch blue,festool

They are still in same estate but further in

Now at 90/2 Lagan Road
    Dublin Industrial estate
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 11

fone 830 5866
    fax 830 5884

enquires at powertool.ie
    www.powertool.ie

GPS
    53 degrees 22 minutes 31 seconds North
    06 degrees 17 minutes 45 seconds West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mullman

Can anyone recommend any decent local markets or vintage associations where I would be able to pick up some old planes. There are always a few on ebay but I personally prefer to handle them myself and give them a good look over "in the flesh" so to speak before I part with cash.

I'm based in Mayo so if ye could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamesjohnston

If you are looking bigger woodworking machinery there is a place just outside belfast that I have used before, pretty decent...

MJ Woodworking Machinery
    Unit B3 Antrim Enterprise Park
    Rathenraw Industrial Estate
    58 Greystone Road
    Antrim
    N.Ireland
    BT41 1JZ

www.mjwoodworking.co.uk
    www.woodworkingmachinery.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murnhome

After extensive research I have found the best places to buy on line are
    1. www.raygrahams.com N.I firm with free delivery to south (a big plus).
    2. www.toolstop.co.uk. prices in euro and automatically send vat free if you have your E.U vat no at check out. Also a flat postage rate.
    1. www.lawson-his.co.uk they have a huge range to choose from and have the very best prices for blades etc. 5 makita jigsaw blades for £2.00 ish cant be bad.
    Toolstop have a makita ls1013 for €377 ex vat and Ray Grahams have same for £339 stg + vat free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Fully recommend www.lawson-his.co.uk

Very cheap postage to Ireland when I ordered and beyond better customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

http://www.dick.biz/page/18_00_00_00_kataloge/detail.jsf

This is a link to a supplier of the finest of woodworking tools

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Aldi have a pack of three squares with aluminium stock and etched stainless steel blades for €5.99. All three were bang on square when tested against engineer's squares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭TheGrump

I dropped into two Aldi stores yesterday specifically to get these and neither store had any :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Is Arklow too far for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭TheGrump

slowburner wrote: »
    Is Arklow too far for you?

Yeah too far. I didn't really need them anyway, I'm a sucker for deals

That's a pity, they're a nice little set and they should last until they come around again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

I get stuff regularly from www.rutlands.co.uk , they alway have stuff on sale, and will also ship VAT free for those of you registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

anybody know where to get 20 degree full round head framing nails in strips in dublin kildare? need asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭spartan5397

This place has quite a few tools at ok prices http://www.jebbtools.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amalberba

When many hobbyists or people doing renovations have finished their project, they find themselves with a ton of new and used machine tools that they no longer need or have room for. Some end up giving the tools away, donating them or even throwing them away. These people can make a lot of money by selling their tools, but many don't know how to go about pricing, advertising and selling the tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

A place in Drogheda called Eddies Hardware do sales quite a lot... and usually advertise all over the place.

I recently picked up a 50 litre compressor and the usual toolset that comes with it (spray gun, blower, tyre pump etc) for €160 which seems to better even the lidl and aldi 50 litre ones which were going for €200 last time I checked with no bits thrown in....

And the spray gun isnt half bad to be honest... I used it to lay down some gloss on some external shutters and it worked lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

I could not find this link ? There is a hopkins machinery in Dublin http://www.goldenpages.ie/hopkins-machinery-blackrock/1/ is this them ? I found this one but they are in New York http://www.hopkinsmachinery.com/ !!!!
    Thanks

kadman wrote: »
    Good second hand woodwork machinery in Portlaoise, prices seem good to, check out the lathes.

http://www.hopkinsmachinery.ie/hopkins/Main/2004-WoodworkingMachinery.htm

kadman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Anyone know if iedepot is still in business? I sent an email the other day inquiring about a product, but it bounced. Yet there's an ad in Done Deal for a scrollsaw which I was asking about - but it's marked as out of stock on the website.
    wierd.

Advertisement