Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air Lock in Clyde Climatic C30 Oil Burner

• 26-09-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi. I have a Clyde oil burner. It is a Climatic C30. After the summer I tried to switch it on but it locked out. My oil tank is half full and I think the electrics are ok. I feel that the boiler needs to be bled. I have a booklet with the technical instructions but I cannot figure out which of the nuts is the one to open to bleed it. It seems to state that you loosen the nut which is on the side of the pump (This nut on the instructions is marked Suction gauge connection). I am afraid to adjust this as I might upset the oil pressure. There is also another nut on the side of the pump which has a screw in the centre. Could this be the one to adjust? There is also a nut on the bottom of the pump beside the oil inlet pipe. Is this the one to loosen to bleed the airlocks? I am very confused and very disappointed that the Technical Instructions are so ambiguous. Can anyone offer any advice? I would be very grateful for any suggestions as with the onset of colder weather it is important to have the boiler operational. Thanks in advance...Pensioner Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

As you look at the oil pump on your left, top screw type plug is for presure adjustment and must not be touched, below this is the bleed piont.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pensioner Pete

Hi Billy Bunting..Many thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions and bled the boiler successfully. It's now working very well. Really appreciate the information. Best wishes ...Pensioner Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ranoutofdiesel

what to do if you screwed the flat head screw inward then outward, thought it was the screw to bleed it.what can i do to fix it?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

what to do if you screwed the flat head screw inward then outward, thought it was the screw to bleed it.what can i do to fix it?
    Thanks

You will need someone to reset the pressure on the pump. Best bet is a service man as the combustion should be checked also.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement