Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom phone book listings

• 05-09-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Got the new phone book today from Eircom (swithced to UPC earlier this year). Last year, we opted out of direct marketing calls, and our number was exdirectory.
    But my landline number is in this years edition! I'm really annoyed, opted out of the phone book for good reasons. Anyone else had this issue? Obviously I'll be getting on to UPC to see what they say and make sure we are still on the opt out for marketing calls. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You switched provider, and it is your provider that puts you on or takes you off the registers. If you didn't tell UPC what your arrangement was, how are they to know? The NDD is opt out, as is the phone directory. You should have told them this when you signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

As Jor el says you have to contact your provider as they are responsible for passing on your info for the phone book.

That being said i moved to UTV in 2005 and notified them that i was ex-directory and opted out of the NDD, yet for 3 years i was listed in the phone book.
    I emailed them on a number of occasions to complain and they never replied, neither did eircom, in the end i contacted Data protection who told me to email them again and say that i had been in contact with the data protection and was writing on their advice- got a reply back from UTV, apologising for the inconvenience and stating that my details would not be listed in the next edition of the phone book. They claimed that they investigated why my previous emails were not responded to and found that they had received them but they were marked as spam and so did not receive the attention of the admin team :rolleyes: Eircom never replied!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

chasm wrote: »
    As Jor el says you have to contact your provider as they are responsible for passing on your info for the phone book.

That being said i moved to UTV in 2005 and notified them that i was ex-directory and opted out of the NDD, yet for 3 years i was listed in the phone book.
    I emailed them on a number of occasions to complain and they never replied, neither did eircom, in the end i contacted Data protection who told me to email them again and say that i had been in contact with the data protection and was writing on their advice- got a reply back from UTV, apologising for the inconvenience and stating that my details would not be listed in the next edition of the phone book. They claimed that they investigated why my previous emails were not responded to and found that they had received them but they were marked as spam and so did not receive the attention of the admin team :rolleyes: Eircom never replied!

Hello All,

This is a very common issue, however, I would like to help you in relation to this and to clear confusion:

Some of you may use the private caller id , this does not mean your excluded from the directory. The directory and private callerid is completely separate.
    You must contact your Service provider or eircom to amend your directory listings.

If you choose to opt out of the directory listings phone book, and notify with confirmation from your provider, that should be it. You can get onto comreg if you run into trouble again.

I hope this helps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

chasm wrote: »

That's UPCs fault, they should have a NDD list of customers and who are not to be there.

For your reference:
    Eircom Phonebook Directory

The 01, 02 & 04 & 05 Area Eircom Phonebooks are now closed for publication. Changes to these directories cannot be accommodated.

The

06 & 07 Area Phonebooks will close for changes on 

13th September 2011.Golden Pages Directory

The

01 Area & 02 Area Golden Pages

directories are

closed.The

04 Area Golden Pages will close for changes on

August 26th 2011.

The

05 Area Golden Pages will close for changes on

September 1st 2011.

The

06 Area Golden Pages will close for changes on

September 19th 2011.

The

07 Area Golden Pages will close for changes on

September 26th 2011.

After these dates, changes to these directories cannot be accommodated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hello All,

This is a very common issue, however, I would like to help you in relation to this and to clear confusion:

Some of you may use the private caller id , this does not mean your excluded from the directory. The directory and private callerid is completely separate.
    You must contact your Service provider or eircom to amend your directory listings.

If you choose to opt out of the directory listings phone book, and notify with confirmation from your provider, that should be it. You can get onto comreg if you run into trouble again.

I hope this helps.

I don't use private caller id. When i got the phone installed i filled in the form with eircom and stated i wished to be ex-directory and that i was opting out of the NDD. When i moved to UTV i informed them of the same, unfortunately between UTV and eircom they managed to mess it up and my number was no longer listed as ex-directory, and despite my complaints it was published in the phone directory for 3 years before they sorted it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement