Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

ciano1 wrote: »
    My PTSB card I'd been using on my Turkish account just expired so Netflix is asking for an updated payment method. Which method is currently working for anybody who's done this in the past few days?

Is Turkey still the best or are people having better luck with Argentina these days? I also have revolut and curve if that helps.

Thanks ðŸ˜

Can you use a Turkish Netflix Gift card?
    I was able to buy Gift cards for Netflix Turkey ok on Gamivo for 15€ for 100 TL worth and redeem it on my account. Once you have the turkish netflix set up with a payment card you can add a Turkish gift card as payment method successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

SLyn9745 wrote: »
    I was able to buy Gift cards for Netflix Turkey ok on Gamivo for 15€ for 100 TL worth and redeem it on my account. Once you have the turkish netflix set up with a payment card you can add a Turkish gift card as payment method successfully

It worked for me. Perfect ! Thank you

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    It worked for me. Perfect ! Thank you

No Problem! I have prepaid my account myself until May and it will still take out from your Visa or Mastercard when the credit is all used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you explain this? Do you mean when the 100TL credit expires, they'll then take credit automatically from your credit/debit card to keep it going?

Also, 100TL for €15 is a nice margin for someone.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you explain this? Do you mean when the 100TL credit expires, they'll then take credit automatically from your credit/debit card to keep it going?

Also, 100TL for €15 is a nice margin for someone.

Yes apparently the payment card you used to get the Turkish subscription is used as the backup when the balance from the gift card is used up. Technically you could keep buying and redeeming gift cards to stop it from reverting to the card.

I added the 100 TL no problem but it won't work on an another Irish account I had as the Turkish method wasn't used monthly on that. Yes 100 TL should cover about 2 1/2 months for the 4K subscription.

• Advertisement

Here is a screenshot from my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Thanks for this info. My revolut card has been frozen until I receive my new passport. Used this method to keep watching Netflix till I get my card/account back ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Long time lurker :)
    I have an Irish account and see that the prices are about to rise yet again. So, is the Turkey option still the best? Do I need to let my current acct expire after cancellation? Is Revolut option still working? Sorry for all the Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Revolut causes issues, you can set up a curve account and add Revolut to that

Make any changes you need to make before you cancel your sub, change payments add phone number
    Once the sub has expired and you can’t watch Netflix anymore go incognito and use a vpn set to Turkey and away you go

Little quirke I noticed, if you set up a virtual card with Revolut it adds no problem to Ireland and is good to go when you resume in Turkey.
    The main Revolut card causes hissy fits in both jurisdictions.

Don't forget to verify your Irish mobile in Ireland before moving to TK

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Setanter wrote: »
    Little quirke I noticed, if you set up a virtual card with Revolut it adds no problem to Ireland and is good to go when you resume in Turkey.

With revolut do you have to top up your account to pay with your virtual card or could you have nothing in your account and it would take the money straight out of your bank account like it does with curve?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Is your main Revolut card a MasterCard? Older Revolut MasterCard cards are coded as prepaid and Netflix refuses to accept them. Newer Visa (and possibly MasterCard) cards are coded as debit and should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

When you restart membership on the Turkish site, does it allow you to change your plan, select a different one? ie from HD to 4k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

When you restart membership on the Turkish site, does it allow you to change your plan, select a different one? ie from HD to 4k?

Yes, it’ll ask you to select the plan you want. And if you go for standard, they give you the first month as premium anyway. Although I had standard on IRL Netflix, the TKY prices are so good, I went for the premium on there

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Quackster wrote: »
    Is your main Revolut card a MasterCard? Older Revolut MasterCard cards are coded as prepaid and Netflix refuses to accept them. Newer Visa (and possibly MasterCard) cards are coded as debit and should work.

Both actually. My personal card is early adopter one but with a virtual Visa (running for two years now). More recent setup for friends the virtual card is MC. Both work fine.
    It there is any Turkish Lira in your Revolut account the virtual card will take it preferentially, if now will automatically take from your Revolut balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

frash wrote: »
    I'm up & running on Turkish Netflix and just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with Turkish Playstation?
    I've tried Revolut & Curve but no joy.

I asked this in the Playstaion forum but it's against the rules there

I have issues. Bought before, all good. Now it’s telling me I used wrong expiry date on Revolut app

What I can gather, it’s because the disposable cards are now MasterCard and not visa

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Both actually. My personal card is early adopter one but with a virtual Visa (running for two years now). More recent setup for friends the virtual card is MC. Both work fine.
    It there is any Turkish Lira in your Revolut account the virtual card will take it preferentially, if now will automatically take from your Revolut balance.
    The newer virtual MasterCards must be coded as debit so too. As I said, any Revolut card coded as prepaid will be rejected by Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Here’s a quick question to see if anyone has experienced this and can help. So I have Dublin dns added to router (Vodafone gigabit) and all is good. IPlayer and itv hub etc works. I have Netflix set to USA and here’s the weird bit. I have 5 fire sticks in total. I’ve just checked 3 of them and 2 are on American Netflix but the one downstairs is still UK Netflix. Anybody know why That would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

jarvis wrote: »
    Here’s a quick question to see if anyone has experienced this and can help. So I have Dublin dns added to router (Vodafone gigabit) and all is good. IPlayer and itv hub etc works. I have Netflix set to USA and here’s the weird bit. I have 5 fire sticks in total. I’ve just checked 3 of them and 2 are on American Netflix but the one downstairs is still UK Netflix. Anybody know why That would be?

Have you a UK VPN running on it? Double check that if you have installed a VPN service that it is off.

Apologies posted on wrong thread. Was supposed to be posing in Getflix topic!!!

bromley52 wrote: »
    Have you a UK VPN running on it? Double check that if you have installed a VPN service that it is off.

I don’t, but I’ve asked on the wrong thread. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭Barr

Talking of Getflix , say you have your account being paid via the Turkey site .

If you start to use Getflix and change the region to the US , does this have any bearing on payments from the original Turkey site .

Is there a chance this could raise a red flag somehow.

Barr wrote: »
    Talking of Getflix , say you have your account being paid via the Turkey site .

If you start to use Getflix and change the region to the US , does this have any bearing on payments from the original Turkey site .

Is there a chance this could raise a red flag somehow.

Well I’m on Turkish Netflix and use Getflix for USA content and haven’t had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

What's the best free vpn to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Hi, I've been using this for a couple of years now. But I accidentally deleted the virtual Revolut card I was using.
    Anyone know how to update my payment details? I've signed in to netflix using a vpn but it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭corkgirl17

So if you are part of a family does each house have to have a VPN? Just wondering as I share Netflix with my parents so would they need a VPN also

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

VPN is only needed at sign up is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You can use a VPN to watch Netflix US but that's a whole different thing to signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭corkgirl17

With prices going up I'm considering changing but don't want to change and then lose out on shows etc.. does the content stay the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Simi

donegal. wrote: »
    Hi, I've been using this for a couple of years now. But I accidentally deleted the virtual Revolut card I was using.
    Anyone know how to update my payment details? I've signed in to netflix using a vpn but it didn't work.

I also did this and end up updating the payment without vpn. Haven't been charged yet but I think it's ok. It's still showing Turkish lira as the billing currency anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    With prices going up I'm considering changing but don't want to change and then lose out on shows etc.. does the content stay the same?

Content is based on the country you're watching in, not the country you're paying in.
    You'll see the same content in Ireland no matter where you signed up.

Advertisement