Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

bassy wrote: »
    do not think think so,i know you can get it in a can as well,but i always buy the 6 pck of 500ml bottles lovely stuff cheers.
    highly recommended,did you try it yet?.

Not yet.

Trying to slim down a bit after plumping up during the lockdown.
    Will definitely try it at some stage though. Fed up of waiting for the XXL Perlinbacher to come back in.

Soarer wrote: »
    Not yet.

Trying to slim down a bit after plumping up during the lockdown.
    Will definitely try it at some stage though. Fed up of waiting for the XXL Perlinbacher to come back in.

I would say that Rheinbacher from a bottle or can beats the Germany-brewed XXL Perlenbacher.

obviously when I say from a can I mean drinking from a glass!

possibly a tiny bit crisper from a bottle but that could be just a mind trick :)

recommend to try both can and bottle - both good

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

I've heard beer is fresher from a can as no light gets in to harm the hops and also air can get in under a bottle cap.

Tesco Dun Laoghaire still have the Peroni 24s for 25 quid, bout 17 boxes left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

glasso wrote: »
    I would say that Rheinbacher from a bottle or can beats the Germany-brewed XXL Perlenbacher.

obviously when I say from a can I mean drinking from a glass!

possibly a tiny bit crisper from a bottle but that could be just a mind trick :)

recommend to try both can and bottle - both good

+1 on this. Rheinbacher for some reason gets less attention than Perlenbacher.

Probably a bit of a personal choice but I like the more bitter flavour in Rheinbacher. Perlenbacher is that bit sweet for my liking.

Unlike you though Glasso I prefer the cans of Rheinbacher. Maybe I’m losing it but it think it’s a different recipe. The bottles taste sweeter to me.

Must do a blind taste test can v bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Any decent deals on Guinness?

There was a report on RTE that they are resuming brewing since stopping in March. No wonder there is a shortage of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Any decent deals on Guinness?

There was a report on RTE that they are resuming brewing since stopping in March. No wonder there is a shortage of offers.

slab in Tesco €30 it's 8 cans for €10 mix and match with other beers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

dubstepper wrote: »
    I'll never stop being amazed that people drink Budweiser. Any price is a rip off.

Continue to be amazed. I love it. Beats the sh1t of of that craft stuff and anything that ends in ....acher.
    Everyone to their own.
    So, BOT. Any deals on slabs?

Doubt there'll be any slab deals until August BH. Tesco 8 for 10 offer on til next week

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Offer of perlenbacher 8 for price of 6 back in Lidl from July 9th. Think it's €7.49 for 8 half litre bottles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

What does Budweiser and having sex in a canoe have in common?

They are both fxxking close to water

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Bought into the hype and tried Invivo Sauvingnon Blanc (Sarah Jessica Parker's wine) and have to say was very impressed. Currently on offer at €15 a bottle in Supervalu. Bought 2 and had a 6 off 30 voucher so worked out at €12 a bottle. Would definitely buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Bought into the hype and tried Kooliburra Shiraz (Aldi wine) and have to say was very impressed. Currently on offer at €4.99 a bottle in Aldi . Bought 2 and had no voucher so worked out at €4.99 a bottle. Would definitely buy again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Bought into the hype and tried Kooliburra Shiraz (Aldi wine) and have to say was very impressed. Currently on offer at €4.99 a bottle in Aldi . Bought 2 and had no voucher so worked out at €4.99 a bottle. Would definitely buy again. :)

I dont really get what is going on here?

Is the wine in Aldi nice or are you just trying to wind up the previous poster?

Was only messing with paraphrasing previous poster but the Kooliburra wine in Aldi is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Was only messing with paraphrasing previous poster but the Kooliburra wine in Aldi is nice.

I might give it a whirl - for that price its worth a crack

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Is the wine in Aldi nice or are you just trying to wind up the previous poster?
    I'm speaking primarily about their reds, but Aldi wine is noticeably head and shoulders above Lidl, Tesco, and so on.

My regular ones were/are:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Tesco 660 ml bottles of Heineken sold out everywhere. It’s over 5% and tastes much nicer than the regular stuff.
    Only place I could get them, anyone know of any other place to get these?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

cadaliac wrote: »
    Tesco 660 ml bottles of Heineken sold out everywhere. It’s over 5% and tastes much nicer than the regular stuff.
    Only place I could get them, anyone know of any other place to get these?

Dunnes also sell it, 4 for €10 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

More of a wtf than a deal but Carlsberg have the red Liverpool Champions cans in Tesco. 4 for €10.
    Yes, thats 24 cans of the same Carlsberg you get in the green can but for €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco
    Guinness Draught Can 500Ml
    Special OfferAny 8 For 10.00 Save 5.92
    valid from 17/6/2020 until 7/7/2020

so a tray for 30

bud & carlsberg in the same deal.

^^ finishes tomorrow, might be some new deals after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

guyfawkes5 wrote: »

Agreed that's a nice red for €10. Seems to come and go quickly. Haven't given up hope it'll eventually come back in stock.

jhammer wrote: »
    More of a wtf than a deal but Carlsberg have the red Liverpool Champions cans in Tesco. 4 for €10.

If Carlsberg could do rip offs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

guyfawkes5 wrote: »
    I'm speaking primarily about their reds, but Aldi wine is noticeably head and shoulders above Lidl, Tesco, and so on.

My regular ones were/are:

Also:
    Albanta, Albariño, Rías Baixas
    The Fire Tree, Nero d'Avola
    Toro Loco, Organico, Utiel-Requena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

jhammer wrote: »

Red stuff is 5%vol as opposed to 4.3% for the regular.

Still a bit of a con though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

prodsc wrote: »
    Red stuff is 5%vol as opposed to 4.3% for the regular.

Still a bit of a con though!!!

I'd check the sell by date too. That stuff was ready to go on the shelves before Stevie Gerrard fell on his ass.

any deals on Guinness at the moment? I just missed out on the slabs for €30 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

casio4 wrote: »
    any deals on Guinness at the moment? I just missed out on the slabs for €30 in Tesco

6 for €10 in Lidl from Thursday.

6 for €10 in Lidl from Thursday.

Not great really works out at €40 a slab, but thanks for the heads up anyone know what price Guinness is in Dunnes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,926 ✭✭✭✭rob316

casio4 wrote: »
    Not great really works out at €40 a slab, but thanks for the heads up anyone know what price Guinness is in Dunnes?

8 for €12 in Super Valu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement