Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin vivosport €58 delivered Garmin site

• 26-06-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

Great deal as lowest i can see is £79 on Amazon..even the UK site has it for £99

Black/fichsia/limelight(large) colors available !!

https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/574602

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

I've had two, second wasn't as accurate as the first but good battery and perfect for casual exercise person like myself. App is great. Certainly worth it at that price so getting one for a 13 year old. Thanks for the tip off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I bought this for €100 from Argos a few weeks ago. Raging! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Brilliant price, just ordered one for my teenage son.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would this be a decent basic running watch? Have a Forerunner 10 but it’s a bit outdated and poor GPS battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

thanks OP, great buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Will these monitor sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Will these monitor sleep?

Yes !

it's coming up on a few years old at this stage

here is a comprehensive review

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/garmin-vivosport-review.html

something like the more modern huawei band 4 pro would have better sleep-tracking and the addition of blood-oxygen measurement and similar features otherwise (gps etc) for this price range

glasso wrote: »
    it's coming up on a few years old at this stage

here is a comprehensive review

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/garmin-vivosport-review.html

something like the more modern huawei band 4 pro would have better sleep-tracking and the addition of blood-oxygen measurement and similar features otherwise (gps etc) for this price range

Having used huawei band pro 4...this has better accurate heart rate, stress monitoring, more workout features To name few...battery is better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Thanks for sharing, OP.
    Have purchased one.

Note that there are some other items on offer, have bought a different reduced model too.

Full sale listings:
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/c16974-p1.html?FILTER_FEATURE_GIFTONSALEEMEA&sorter=price-asc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Having used huawei band pro 4...this has better accurate heart rate, stress monitoring, more workout features To name few...battery is better too.

Sorry for stupid question but by "this" Did you mean the Garmin. Have been looking at something like this few months back but didn't realise you could get these with GPS built in so cheap. Is this the best sub €100 device out there?

kevin306 wrote: »
    Sorry for stupid question but by "this" Did you mean the Garmin. Have been looking at something like this few months back but didn't realise you could get these with GPS built in so cheap. Is this the best sub €100 device out there?

I think that they meant the garmin

but the huawei band 4 pro is only recently available over in Europe - I wonder if it was an older model.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

It is likely a misprice - UK site lists as 99 pounds reduced. Ours lists it as 113 reduced to 58...

kevin306 wrote: »

I meant garmin...huawei bands are cheap for a reason coz of them being banned at many places...garmin beats it down easily at this price..

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Would this be a decent basic running watch? Have a Forerunner 10 but it’s a bit outdated and poor GPS battery life.

Ya, would be a good upgrade on forerunner 10, I've a FR 35 and the wife has the vivosport and there is a few extras like stress and REM monitoring in the vivosport.

I know - was one of the first to thank you.. then there were the Huawei posts etc.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I know - was one of the first to thank you.. then there were the Huawei posts etc.

Thank you sir !

:-) Was trying to make sure that people really did see "hey,
    it really is a bargain, grab it before they notice" got through to some. Those cheap bands can't compare to Garmin..
    Thank you sir !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've had one almost two years now. I got it specifically because it didn't look like a watch as I wanted to wear watches on the other wrist and for the GPS. It's light, decent battery and very small. I haven't had any issues with accuracy or heart rate. I haven't compared it to my Garmin HRM but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

It's handy to have the heart rate warning and walk/run intervals and they work well considering there's no speaker. The lack of buttons isn't an issue as the screen is easy enough to use. Another reason I went with this one is the always on screen, when this came out it was one of the only ones I believe. Handy to see your heart rate, pace etc without having to flick the screen on while running. Loads of ways to customise what's on each screen in typical Garmin fashion.

The app is great, I've been using it for years with cycling. Handy to track distance on shoes and also sync calories with MyFitnessPal and Strava.

Definitely a good price if anyone is interested in getting a fitness tracker.

I meant garmin...huawei bands are cheap for a reason coz of them being banned at many places...garmin beats it down easily at this price..

you've never used the band 4 pro but claimed that you have - what bs.

the huawei bands are good and are not "banned"

• Advertisement

you've never used the band 4 pro but claimed that you have - what bs.

the huawei bands are good and are not "banned"

Relax dude...when did i say i have not use the band ? Huawei products are banned at many places in the world..heard of trump and china ?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/13/21257675/trump-extends-huawei-ban-may-2021-china-us-android-google-telecom

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi
    Could I ask which would be the better option - this or the Mi Band 5 that was mentioned here a week or two ago?
    Tks

eh you claimed that you used it here. you don't even remember the crap that you post?!

there are about 2 huawei phones that come without google apps installed. that's about the height of it. obviously not very well informed

eh you claimed that you used it here. you don't even remember the crap that you post?!

there are about 2 huawei phones that come without google apps installed. that's about the height of it. obviously not very well informed

Yeah i have used it..who is claiming i have not ? Prices have plummeted due to this controversy..hope u did not pay full price for your huawei products ? Infact huawei shipped free bands with phones to boost sales !!

Still waiting u to confirm where i contradicted ? ������

Yeah i have used it..who is claiming i have not ? Prices have plummeted due to this controversy..hope u did not pay full price for your huawei products ? Infact huawei shipped free bands with phones to boost sales !!

Still waiting u to confirm where i contradicted ? ������

I have a huawei band but not a phone.

they make great phones though (class-leading cameras) and it's easy to get the google apps installed that it comes without.

Samsung give away 200 euro wireless earbuds with their phones to boost sales, that doesn't mean that they make crap phones

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi
    Could I ask which would be the better option - this or the Mi Band 5 that was mentioned here a week or two ago?
    Tks

the mi band 5 does not have gps

I'd recommend the huawei band 4 pro, which does have gps

it's available on amazon

I have a huawei band but not a phone.

they make great phones though (class-leading cameras) and it's easy to get the google apps installed that it comes without.

Samsung give away 200 euro wireless earbuds with their phones to boost sales, that doesn't mean that they make crap phones

This here is the reason i am discouraged to post deals on this site...No wonder no one posts good deals here..experts take over bargain threads..lmao

This here is the reason i am discouraged to post deals on this site...No wonder no one posts good deals here..experts take over bargain threads..lmao

just 'cos someone suggests an alternative that is more modern and with additional features you don't have to get defensive about your bargain alert

then you proceeded to post incorrect information

just 'cos someone suggests an alternative that is more modern and with additional features you don't have to get defensive about your bargain alert

then you proceeded to post incorrect information

U started with saying i lied..then moved saying only two apps and then moved to samsung and i was defensive...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

stop talking crap, Bargain chat only

Advertisement