Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Words that make you go Mmm Mmmmmmm

• 29-03-2003 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

There are certain words that sound cool and also are filled with meaning. Some of these words catually make you go mmmmmm yeah thats a great word isn't it.

What are peoples favourite words that they love hearing and using ?

I bet theres a word out there to describe these words.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

i like "Batteries Included" but then I may be getting the point to this thread wrong.....

'Coz that's kind of a phrase at this stage....

I'll correct it if it's wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thrum. Especially when mixed with 'thumb'. I'm thrumming my thumbs in anticipation to when you will make me come.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by yellum
    I bet theres a word out there to describe these words.

and if there isn't there ahould be!

like "Verbtastic" , "Verbtacular" or "Verobosic".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has anyone ever used the wikipedia ?
    If a word doesn't exist, and you think it should, you can just add it, like I did with quorange. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

homunculus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Soliloquy and Dissolute

I dont know why but the combination reminds me of The Novel "An Artist of the Floating World."by Kazuo Ishiguro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Onomatopoeia - don't get to use it too often though. Apart from that, there's stocious which I get to use too often.

Proprioception: Muscle Memory, a series of events within the body which take place while performing an action whcih create channels/links between the muscles/muscle groups used creating the most efficeint pathway for future performance of the action hehe! i should find a simpler definition really.....

Bioenergetics: The energy created within the body/in muscles through chemical actions/reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Amicably - Characterized by or exhibiting friendliness or goodwill; friendly

Personification - Artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person

It might not be a bad idea to explain what your words mean. ;)

^^^
    They've been explained ill try and find a more concise definition of them later but i have to study to do that..... which we know aint going to happen.....

Procrastinate..... hmmm.... looking up a definition of that might help me waste time instead of doing something constructive

I can feel myself moviing closer to being banned...... meep!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mmm, innuendo... what a delicious word.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Mmm, QUITE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

crumble..something about that word that just makes me want to eat apples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

My fav has always been promiscuous. Oh, that and sheep, the latter being a truly funny word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

BOING - i love this word so much, its so humourus
    Bastien - someones name, funny when bellowed out in the lunch hall at school..
    squelch - rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Spandex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I keep saying "indeed." It's become my personal word when agreeing with something..

Gumbo sounds fantastic. Delicious, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

linger

(is my suggestion)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

nonchalance, it's soo me!

... types away into the distance humming
    it's the things that make you go mmmm hmmmmm mmmm.

give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, things that make you go mmmmmmmm.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement