Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dad finds out that none of his kids are biologically his.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Then it happened one day, we came round the same way
    You can imagine his surprise when he saw his own eyes
    I said please, please understand
    I'm in love with another man
    And what he couldn't give me
    was the one little thing that you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The thought of this happening to me is horrific. I would have a hard time living after receiving news like this, to be honest I don't know if I could live at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    ..should all males submit dna to a database so that when a rape occurs the culprit can be found?

..Would you be ok with that since you are ok with all mothers having to prove that they arent deceiving their partners?

..To blanket assume all mothers are deceitful is wrong.

Just on this, in situations where there is a serial rapist on the loose, it is not uncommon that all males in the area will be obliged to submit DNA swabs.

If the likes of a Crimewatch appeal yields thousands of names for a rapist, all of those men named would be obliged to submit DNA.

If paternity fraud is so common, I do not see the problem of asking women to do the same, equality and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Talk about airing the laundry publicly. Sheesh.

From afar, we could also claim this woman simply solved the problem of her husband’s infertility. We don’t have information on how long they were “trying”, what state their marriage was in etc.

This information appeared years after they were already divorced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Paternity doubt has had seismic influence culturally throughout the world. When women are ovulating all bets are off, it doesn't matter what vows are promises she has made. If optimal man arrives her instincts compel her to mate with him.
    * While women can't be trusted during ovulation, men can't be trusted any time.

Bahahah! Yeah, you're absolutely right, women have only two brain cells and one of them is a fertile ovum with gnashing teeth. :rolleyes: You great big lummocking ludramán.

• Advertisement

When did I say women only have two brain cells, what are you talking about?

Sorry, my ''instincts'' ''compelled'' me to say that. You know how us wimmin are.

Men and women have instincts and emotions which compel them to act in particular situations. I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make.

Compel means force or oblige. It would be very very rare the situations I could imagine where one is actually ever forced or obliged to do anything - perhaps at sword point or gun point, or if a loved one is threatened with death etc. But shagging random beefcakes just because our ovaries are jangling - nah. That's what we have our other brain cell for, my friend. It stops us being eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

biko wrote: »
    Yeah the sentiment of that song is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She had one kid and got 2 free, she's so money supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Were any laws broken by the wife? Seems like your man has little to no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Were any laws broken by the wife? Seems like your man has little to no comeback.

The courts awarded him 400k back out of a 4 million settlement. About 3.6 million short of what he should have been awarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

valoren wrote: »
    Between sexual partners then this is really the egregious thing that can happen to a man.
    There is the double whammy of not only being duped into believing the child is yours but the fact that you partner cheated on you as well and has been living a lie e.g. telling the child to 'Ask Daddy' knowing she is lying to not only her partner but also her child.

Once is vindictive enough and to do it three times is incredible. A cnut of the highest order would only do that.
    It isn't easy raising children. I can imagine the anger the man feels about it all. Clearly he wanted a family and through all the sh1tty nappies and the tantrums, he still loved and bonded with his children. Being duped into raising another man's offspring? Three of them? Fcking hell.

As for mandatory paternity tests, if you feel any doubt at all, then the bigger question is why are you involved with someone who instilled any inkling of doubt in you but actively having a family with this person you have trust issues with.

My thoughts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is that it done now? I mean, I get that there was a paternity fraud case, and he was awarded £250,000 (would love to know how it is worked out). But could he file a civil suit/case?
    Is it not comparable to ripping off a business for years and then being caught and only ordered to pay back a small percent?

It must be incredibly frustrating. Surely the mother would have told her children who their father is at this stage?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/moneysupermarket-founder-whose-sons-werent-13822831
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/10/richard-mason-paternity-row-son-breaks-silence-claim-millionaire/

Advertisement