Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

How is it possible to get shot three times in the chest and come away with non life threatening injuries? I mean the law of averages says that out of three shots to the chest, at least one of them has a good chance of getting into your heart or one of your lungs...

Sure if you shot him in the head you'd miss his brain by 6 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Medics have saved the life of a man who was blasted in the chest by a hitman as he sat in his car.

The victim, named locally as Stephen Somers, was in a Volkswagen Golf on St Laurence’s Terrace in Bray, Co Wicklow, when it happened.

The gunman blasted the 27-year-old twice in the chest and once in the leg.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/medics-save-life-stephen-somers-15661799

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The victim, named locally as Stephen Somers, was in a Volkswagen Golf on St Laurence’s Terrace in Bray, Co Wicklow, when it happened.

While probably not a hardened gangster, he certainly wasn't the brightest.

Picking up charges while on bail in 2007

Arrested on his way to bloody sign on in 2013

Omackeral wrote: »
    While probably not a hardened gangster, he certainly wasn't the brightest.

I suppose it doesn't really matter whether he's hard or bright, he obviously hung in the wrong circles and pi$$ed someone off enough to have 3 pumped into him. I'm sure the attempt was to eliminate him too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I saw a whatsapp video doing the rounds a few months back of a smallish built guy in the back of a car getting a fair few heavyish smacks because he owed them €180,000!!! :eek: I think they said in the video.
    How in christs name could you build up that much debt?? No idea if he was finished off after that, as I don't know who anyone in the video were, but if not, what would it take? Do they then collect the €180,000 off the people that they think owed him?
    Horrible life to be involved in, pure and utter scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Suckit wrote: »
    I saw a whatsapp video doing the rounds a few months back of a smallish built guy in the back of a car getting a fair few heavyish smacks because he owed them €180,000!!! :eek: I think they said in the video.
    How in christs name could you build up that much debt?? No idea if he was finished off after that, as I don't know who anyone in the video were, but if not, what would it take? Do they then collect the €180,000 off the people that they think owed him?

For sums like that it would often be that the Gardaí found / seized the drugs. Usually being held by some Patsy who hasn't a clue and is either ingratiating himself with the big boys or owes them a smaller sum to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Who the hell is Baked Beans?

He is one of the Heinz brothers, not the married ones, the bachelors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The lad shot in Bray is a boxer.

Has to be connected to Pete Taylor shooting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The lad shot in Bray is a boxer.

Has to be connected to Pete Taylor shooting?

in spite of what the star says no he is not a boxer

He may have trained for a few weeks in a community club set up in fassarow a few years ago but he is not a boxer

the only connection to bray boxing club shooting is taylor and sommers may know each other via small town criminality

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Suckit wrote: »

Im fairly sure people have been killed over a lot less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MadYaker wrote: »
    Im fairly sure people have been killed over a lot less

Yes there was a shooting over a few hundred a while back, its how they blood new members /shooters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

fires in bray
    shooting in bray
    coincidence
    ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Senior Kinahan figure arrested in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭septictank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Father (51) and son. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Kavanagh maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Bomber Kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'd have thought Liam Byrne would be considered the number two man, above Kavanagh? No idea about his age or if he has kids though

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

I'd have thought Liam Byrne would be considered the number two man, above Kavanagh? No idea about his age or if he has kids though

Liam above Bomber? Your messing right.

Liam above Bomber? Your messing right.

Obviously I'm just wrong :D The media tends to refer to him as DJK's right hand man, and not knowing any of those involved personally that's all I have to go on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Obviously I'm just wrong :D The media tends to refer to him as DJK's right hand man, and not knowing any of those involved personally that's all I have to go on!

I don’t know either nor do I wanna but I heard someone say Liam worked for Bomber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Bomber is definitely the head of that arm of the gang. Out on bail already.

I don’t know either nor do I wanna but I heard someone say Liam worked for Bomber

Actually after just googling them together, this article from 2000 gives ages of those involved which suggest that the 51-year old is indeed Kavanagh:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/three-charged-with-assault-after-scuffle-outside-court-1.1110497

Incredible to see how these people have been career criminals for two decades and they're still not lifers in the 'Joy. All of this bloodshed could have been avoided if we had a half-decent justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Actually after just googling them together, this article from 2000 gives ages of those involved which suggest that the 51-year old is indeed Kavanagh:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/three-charged-with-assault-after-scuffle-outside-court-1.1110497

Incredible to see how these people have been career criminals for two decades and they're still not lifers in the 'Joy. All of this bloodshed could have been avoided if we had a half-decent justice system.

It would all have been avoided if they weren't all greedy kunts trying to rip each other off.

There are crews just like them around Ireland flying under the radar because they are smart enough not to draw attention to themselves. These Kinahan/Byrne monkeys are household names now but still think they can carry on like before.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Shooting in Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Bomber charged in court tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Shooting in Ballymun.

It was one of the Kavanaghs from Shangan.

• Advertisement

A combination torch and stun gun - which is illegal to own and possess in the UK - were recovered following a search.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement