Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 & Phone insurance not worth it!!

• 18-01-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

I got myself a very Nice Nokia E66 back in May 09' loved that phone. Of course lost it, first phone I ever lost and was gutted. Remembered I have phone insurance as the nice girl in the 02 store would of prob followed me home if I didn't take the insurance @ €9 P/M. In fairness I wanted the insurance for peace of mind.

So get the calim pack filled it out and posted it back with a cheque for €35. Couple of days later get a phone call from phonecover about my lost phone and that they have a replacement phone for me a Nokia E63!!!!!:(

E63 is a cheaper and lesser spec phone then the E66

They stopped makeing the E66 which is ok I dont mind but I wasn't taking a E63 so I said i will take the E71 if they had it,which they did but wanted a €100 euro for it?? Even tho the E66 and E71 are the same spec only the E71 has a bigger screen and full keyboard.

From 02.ie

"Lost or stolen mobiles

Send us a correctly completed claim form and a policy excess payment of €35.00 and we will send you a replacement mobile within one working day. Your new phone will be identical to the one that was lost or stolen. If your model of phone is not available, a replacement model with the closest functionality available (which would be a E71 NOT A E63) will be sent up to the value of €1,500.00 replacement value including VAT.

Zurich who are the insurance company wont even entertain the idea of given me the same spec phone they rather give me a lesser one. I taught at the time paying for phone insurance might be a waste of money now I know it was !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their was a time when the term was same model, and if not the newer version of higher spec. Never a lesser spec.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Don't give in. I'd expect a higher spec if they can't find anything similar. That's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Stick to your guns. You are entitled to a same spec model. Don't accept a lower one. I found Zurich very helpful to be honest when my little fella spilled milk all over my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd even argue with them that 63 is less than 66 so how could it be equal or better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 JynxIRL

Your right theres no way im giving in!! But i have hit a blank wall in phonecover, the lady can't seem to understand she's giving me a lesser spec phone. Even tho she did try tell me the E63 had more memory then the E66 a whole 10MB more!:P

Plus I used my E66 as a data modem, where as the E63 can't even connect to the web at the same speeds!!

I tryed asking for sumone else but i keep getting passed to this lady!

Anyone know were I could take this now?

I see Meteor are still selling the E66?? :confused: Maybe I should just switch over to Meteor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Could you threaten them with the small courts. Its obviously a lower end phone,

2mp no autofocus vs 3.2 and autofocus for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I'd get on to O2 on the forums tbh
    After all, this might be insurance with Zurich, but it's O2 that are selling you the product! I had the same messing with them when I claimed a Blackberry almost 2 years ago and they were giving me a Pearl in place of a Curve!! The whole reason I bought the Curve was I *hate* the Pearl. They wanted extra, they wanted me to use upgrades etc and I lost it with them (Zurich) and eventually they gave me my own phone

Just got a call from phonecover, She tells me im only insured for the functionality not the price of the phone :confused:. I tryed to quote her what it said on the 02.ie website about getting a phoner upto the value of €1,500.

I even said that the E66 AND E71 have the same functionality and that the E63 aint the same phone nor the same functionality.

I don't think she likes me :D

I asked to speak to sumone else so she just said she call me back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

O2 and anything to do with them are a joke and they're only interest is in ripping off the customer. Keep up the fight.

JynxIRL wrote: »
    Just got a call from phonecover, She tells me im only insured for the functionality not the price........

So thats why she offers you a phone with a 2 megapixel camera instead of 3.2, and NO HSDPA!!

384kbps instead of about 3686kbps???
    That makes sense alright!!!!! :mad::mad:
    Really really annoys me when insurance companies try rip you off! Thats what we pay our bloody premium for!!

• Advertisement

Actually...... if she is insisting its functionality rather than price, send her this and get them to buy that for you!

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=169192

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    So thats why she offers you a phone with a 2 megapixel camera instead of 3.2, and NO HSDPA!!

384kbps instead of about 3686kbps???
    That makes sense alright!!!!! :mad::mad:
    Really really annoys me when insurance companies try rip you off! Thats what we pay our bloody premium for!!

LOL i tryed to tell her the differance about HSDPA and how the E63 uses UMTS @ 384KPS, i think I pi$$ed her off. She still hasn't called me back.

Guys got offered a Nokia E52? Any taughts on that?

I see it has a faster processor speed then the E66, E66 runs @ 369 MHz the E52 has a ARM 11 600 MHz processor, less internal memory now.

What yous think will I take it??

Theres no way they will give me the E71.

E52 would be good alright. Both run the ARM 11 processor but 600Mhz vs 369Mhz is a no brainer really
    Basically very like the E66 without the slide
    Also supports 10.2Mbps HSDPA and 2Mbps HSUPA which is excellent

<EDIT> Oh, and it also records video in VGA at 15fps. Not fantastic frame rate, but the E66 & 71 are both only QVGA</EDIT>

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    E52 would be good alright. Both run the ARM 11 processor but 600Mhz vs 369Mhz is a no brainer really
    Basically very like the E66 without the slide
    Also supports 10.2Mbps HSDPA and 2Mbps HSUPA which is excellent

I know there was sum firmware issues when it came out first, but all the bugs have been fixed. 3.5 mm earphone jack to, now i can use my nice and comfy earphones. Yeh I think i will take it. I can't take the stress anymore :P

Advertisement