Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screwfix Electric 40cm Chainsaw €46 (Titan TTL758CHN 2000W 230V)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Thanks, just ordered one. I've a few pallets that need chopping up and this should do the job handy enough. Good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Ahh feck.. the code is out of date...

Thanks for the headsup tho @cianof

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

20% off is gone, back up to €58 now :(

Looks like 10% off code expired also.

Do screwfix commonly have these offers? Think I'll play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Looks like it's expired now.

They have weekly offers.

I found that one on hduk.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/screwfix.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Bear in mind that Screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same company and can have similar offers some weeks apart. For instance, I bought an Evolution Mitre Saw in B&Q before Christmas, all power tools were on offer at the time and the saw came in at a whopping €28 cheaper than Screwfix.
    Having said all that, Amazon usually beats them both, hands down.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Bear in mind that Screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same company and can have similar offers some weeks apart. For instance, I bought an Evolution Mitre Saw in B&Q before Christmas, all power tools were on offer at the time and the saw came in at a whopping €28 cheaper than Screwfix.

Thanks for that advice.
    Do you mean buying online off B&Q UK or in the shops here?
    The one in Galway seems pretty expensive.
    Thanks

Marhay70 wrote: »

Thanks for that advice.
    Do you mean buying online off B&Q UK or buying in the shops here?
    The one in Galway seems pretty expensive most of the time.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

vidapura wrote: »
    Thanks for that advice.
    Do you mean buying online off B&Q UK or buying in the shops here?
    The one in Galway seems pretty expensive most of the time.
    Thanks

Buying in the shops and yes they are expensive but we're talking about special offers. Both B&Q have good ones from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Slight OT but does anyone know if screwfix offer a trade card like b&q?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

€58 is still not a bad price, free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Does anyone know if you need to buy the chainsaw oil also for this or does it come with a small bottle. The video shows loading it with oil.

IrishGaz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need to buy the chainsaw oil also for this or does it come with a small bottle. The video shows loading it with oil.

In this review video yer man makes a big point about there NOT being chain oil with the saw. But he helpfully quotes the part number so you can order it from screwfix at the same time as the saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvlMgmOT6U

I did not expect to buy a chainsaw today.

20% off is gone, back up to €58 now :(

Looks like 10% off code expired also.

Do screwfix commonly have these offers? Think I'll play the waiting game.

Patience pays off, thanks cianof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Did this arrive for anyone? I just remember ordered it and it hasn't come. God bless bargain alerts 🤣

I think there was a screwup. I contacted them and got this response

"We have been made aware of a potential dispatch error in our warehouse resulting in the order not being sent and I apologise for any disappointment this may cause. Stating this I can either issue a full refund for the missing goods or request the goods to be sent, whichever is most convenient for yourself.

Please note delivery is estimated 3-4 working days from shipment."

I opted to get the goods sent and have an email from GLS this morning saying the package is in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Nice one, hopefully the same with mine. Defo want the goods not a refund... I have a tree eyed up to test ��

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I got mine Wednesday I think and must say I was surprised...super easy to set up the chain also! Flew trough about a 10 inch tree for me no problem.

I got the chainsaw last Thursday but no oil and chain sharpener, contacted screwfix and they looked into it and courier arrived into yard at 7pm on Saturday with package. I've yet to get around to putting it together and testing it out though.
    Looking at the address labels that was on the package there seems to be a problem with some UK sites and Irish addresses where it mixes up the order of the address giving the courier difficulty delivering. It also seemed to over-ride the phone number to 00000000

• Advertisement

I got mine too, minus the chain oil. Their logistics are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

I got the chainsaw last Thursday but no oil and chain sharpener, contacted screwfix and they looked into it and courier arrived into yard at 7pm on Saturday with package. I've yet to get around to putting it together and testing it out though.
    Looking at the address labels that was on the package there seems to be a problem with some UK sites and Irish addresses where it mixes up the order of the address giving the courier difficulty delivering. It also seemed to over-ride the phone number to 00000000

I got that as well 1st package was the chain oil then 3 hours later a different driver deliver he saw.
    Number was 00000000000 for my contract as well

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Bought it last week arrived today without the chain oil, price now down to €46, should have waited😆

Good price on saw horse; €18.95 for anyone ordering and wants to add this to order.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/oregon-27cm-log-capacity-saw-horse/5643v

Oregon 27cm (diameter) Log Capacity Saw Horse. 80 kg rated.

3555615_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Their logistics is screwed up entirely..

I ordered the sax, the horse, oil and sharpner... Saw came super fast and they lost the rest.
    Then they resent the missing stuff, and now the original accessories have arrived too.

Anyone looking for oil, sharpner or horse... Will be putting on adverts tmrw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

clancger wrote: »
    Their logistics is screwed up entirely..

I ordered the sax, the horse, oil and sharpner... Saw came super fast and they lost the rest.
    Then they resent the missing stuff, and now the original accessories have arrived too.

Anyone looking for oil, sharpner or horse... Will be putting on adverts tmrw

I'd be interested in the sharpener if you would post it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Titan TTL758CHN is down to €39.95 now. Click and collect only, though they've 12 locations now:

https://www.screwfix.ie/jsp/tradeCounter/tradeCounterAllStoresPage.jsp

I put up the sharpener, oil and sawhorse on Adverts the other day... unfortunately due to being fairly heavy, and not very expensive, it's not really feasible to post

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clivejpk

Could you put up your link for adverts post I searched for the items are they gone

• Advertisement

Here it is..the smaller items are at the bottom

http://www.adverts.ie/23336050

Advertisement