Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the new Apple ad ( Apple is Privacy) xenophobic?

• 15-04-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭

The message is buy Apple because we keep your information private while Huawei doesn’t. While in fact neither keep your information private they just invite us to imagine that Apple are the good guys.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I hope so, I really hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Apple already lost everyone's dick pics, people won't forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

xenophobic

/zɛnəˈfəʊbɪk/

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

"xenophobic attitudes"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They need to wiped out to be honest. I mean, who isn't afraid of xenomorphs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

PARlance wrote: »
    xenophobic

/zɛnəˈfəʊbɪk/

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

"xenophobic attitudes"

Yes. As in Americans good guys. Chinese bad guys. Why should we in Europe believe that?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    PARlance wrote: »
    xenophobic

/zɛnəˈfəʊbɪk/

adjective

"xenophobic attitudes"

Yes. As in Americans good guys. Chinese bad guys. Why should we in Europe believe that?

Julian Assange gets arrested and NOW they're offering privacy...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They need to wiped out to be honest. I mean, who isn't afraid of xenopmorphs?

Like I said, dick pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SafeSurfer wrote: »

I just said I would post the definition for people from stupid countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is this not the same company where a few years ago a load of celebrities had their icloud accounts hacked and ended up having all their nudey pics released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

It's not black and white.

The NSA spies on you and US citizens via electronic communications. There is eventually some sort of accountability due to whistleblowers, declassified documents, etc. There is also the possibility of companies resisting this via the courts or producing higher quality products (more encryption, more testing, better code reviews, etc.)

Chinese companies are required to give the Chinese government access to their databases, communications, technology, etc. There is no way around this. Huawei are not allowed close the backdoors.

So while the US are utterly scummy when it comes to their foreign policy, at least you've a chance of your data being safe with Apple.

With Huawei, you are definitely going to be spied on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement