Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Young Shpud and his Airplanes

• 14-04-2019 7:25pm

Boards lost a young poster last month. Some of us heard the news today. We knew him as Shpud. He loved airplanes and taking photos and his drone and his dog. Really he loved a lot of things. He could have been a pilot or a photographer. He could have been anything.Yet the lad struggled.

Not in a million years did I think I would be reading his obituary. We know so little of each other. We think we might have an idea but really we are completely clueless. I certainly was and am. Shpud I hope you are up there in a gigantic airplane taking photos of us all down here. Wherever you are I hope you are at peace and the demons are gone. Farewell young man x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That's a very sad post. But very well put Persepoly.

RIP

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't really know why I'm posting this, as there's no more can, or needs to, be said.

His struggles and pain are now gone and he is, without doubt, finally at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Finally at peace and reunited with his grandad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Well written Perse :)

His love for photography and his dog always shone through :) I remember spending many a night talking to him and hoping and praying that he could somehow find peace. He really missed his grandfather and I know they are both together again :) Rest In Peace Shpud xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RIP kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m knocked for six by this. I was thinking I must message him to check in recently but it slipped my mind. Really wish I had now.

RIP lad, we’ll miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

He used post as Shannon 757, and then as Shpud..and as people have said, planes and photography were the 2 things I always noticed...he would sometimes pm me about tech issues, he was always polite and he was very proud of his insta account.....an 18yo boy should be looking forward to a long and happy life.... but instead, here we are mourning the sad loss of one of our own, blessed be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That’s a lovely post Perse. I really feel for his family and can’t imagine what they are going through. RIP young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well said Persepoly,

Some of us are just names on a screen to each other. Over time and interacting with each other across numerous threads and forums, we become a lot more connected.

I didn't realise how much until I read his obituary posted earlier this evening.

I was on cloud 9 after the Liverpool win today, but read that post a few minutes later. Firmly crashed down to reality again.

Those of us who knew him, knew the struggles he had with the daily physical pains and struggles he dealt with with his condition. We all pointed to his love of his drone & planes to help him focus his thoughts. We were members of a private forum together, along with other posters we tried our best to help him. I know I am not alone in saying that there was plenty of late nights chatting with home. Also a few more worried about his posting style.

I never met him, but feel like I lost a brother tonight. Hope you are finally at peace.

RIP .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭This is it

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

This has come as a complete shock, RIP shpud:(, I'll always remember our chats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I often thought of him when he wasn’t posting. His love of planes and aviation was clear and his close relationship with his grandfather.
    For someone so young he suffered so much. Kind of a shock to see his photo posted, I didn’t follow his Instagram so didn’t know his name but what a beautiful soul.

Sleep well Shpud, finally at peace and free from pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Your battles were mighty.... and now young man, your war is over.

rest easy .

Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Wherever you are right now I hope you're at peace , I'm just so sorry that you couldn't find that peace here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

A young man with such potential and so much pain. Am so sorry you couldn't make it through to a better and happier life.

Heartbroken for his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

**** it.i don't know anything about him and never heard of him but thats sad.i hope you are happy where ever you and your grandad are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I didn't know him that well but I'm still in shock over this :( . Poor guy, I hope he has found peace. RIP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got a shock when I read this, Like tedo I posted around him in noc forum and in a private forum, wanted to give him a big brother hug, RIP bro, hope you're at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

RIP, Sphud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

This has floored me. I have no words. I got to know him through a forum we both were part of. I just hope he has found his peace

RIP x

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm lost for words. I can't imagine what his poor family are going through.

I got a shock when the news was shared in a private forum, in which I got to know Shpud and his love of airplanes, photography and cars. I really hope that he finally finds the peace he so truly deserves.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Oh no. So sorry to hear this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Ah no... Shpud was Shannon? Only a young boy. :(

I didn't know him other than familiarity with his posts but a person's life ending so young is just heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I hope he knows, wherever he is, how sad all of us are. I think he would’ve thought that none of us would notice or care if he was gone, but clearly that isn’t the case.

RIP young man. My condolences to your family and friends. Don't even know you but wiped away a tear reading through this. No doubt you're at peace now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

An awfully sad story. A young man with great talents and his whole life ahead of him tortured by his demons. Rest in peace, we'll miss you buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,586 ✭✭✭✭An tUasal C

He made me smile so many times. Witty guy with great talents. So thankful I got to know him in a private forum, I'll miss him a lot. RIP Youngblood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A talented young man gone too soon. I had a look at his photos on Instagram some time ago and they are amazing. RIP Shannon/Shpud, sleep well x

Advertisement