Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Zorya wrote: »
    The mental gymnastics. :rolleyes: Unbelievable.

Go on ahead. I won't be following you.

Hang on -

I said "jeans"
    You said "okay - what about twerking?"
    I said "granted"

- where's the mental gymnastics? I'm agreeing with you!

I've seen kids wear make up and crop tops before - boys as well as girls. Mimiking sexualised adults, same as twerking. Granted.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Tis a bit OTT alright but if it's what he wants to do then it's what he wants to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Hang on -

I said "jeans"
    You said "okay - what about twerking?"
    I said "granted"

- where's the mental gymnastics? I'm agreeing with you!

No. You equated children in ordinary situations in their swimwear to Desmond is Amazing and what he does, including twerking half naked at Pride Parades and dancing on stage in Gay Bars.

I'm just not going there with you when you display that kind of moral relativism.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

I just can't wait to start hanging all those lefties on the nearest lamp posts.
    Feel free to ban me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

it's like something from the last days of Rome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Tis a bit OTT alright but if it's what he wants to do then it's what he wants to do.

So what if it's what he wants (and that's debatable tbh, don't forget he is the family breadwinner) If my daughter wanted to dance at nightclubs for money at that age I'd be saying no way. It's called parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah, I swear by this when it comes to parenting. Don’t reply to this for another 15 minutes or so, I have to go get the toddler down from the roof again.

No. You equated children in ordinary situations in their swimwear to Desmond is Amazing and what he does, including twerking half naked at Pride Parades and dancing on stage in Gay Bars.

No I didn't. As you well (or should) know.

I SPECICALLY said "jeans" in reponse to "sparsely dressed" BEFORE you posted the twerking video. Now either read the posts proprly, or put me on ignore.
    I'm just not going there with you when you display that kind of moral relativism.

Probably wise, but that's more to do with your level of comprehension than anything perceived. Good ngiht.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So what if it's what he wants (and that's debatable tbh, don't forget he is the family breadwinner) If my daughter wanted to dance at nightclubs for money at that age I'd be saying no way. It's called parenting.

Yes but we don't know if he is being coerced into doing it or not. At the end of the day if his parents choose to support him by allowing him to do it then that's their choice. You can call it bad parenting but that's clearly not how they see it from their perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

it's like something from the last days of Rome

I definitely feels we are witnessing the cultural collapse of modern day Rome...the US is in a very strange place these days...

• Advertisement

Not a question of suitung "me" it's a question of accuracy. I've seen kids in speedos at swimming pools and on beaches - THAT'S sparsely dressed - and yet no one complains.
    No I didn't. As you well (or should) know.

I SPECICALLY said "jeans" in reponse to "sparsely dressed" BEFORE you posted the twerking video. Now either read the posts proprly, or put me on ignore.

Probably wise, but that's more to do with your level of comprehension than anything perceived. Good ngiht.

Oh Princess, do keep up with yourself.

Yeah, I swear by this when it comes to parenting. Don’t reply to this for another 15 minutes or so, I have to go get the toddler down from the roof again.

Well leaving a toddler up a roof is considerably more dangerous than allowing a child to dance in some shorts so they are not the same thing really. At the end of the day if his parents choose to support him by allowing him to do it then that's their choice. You can call it bad parenting but that's clearly not how they see it from their perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Yes but we don't know if he is being coerced into doing it or not. At the end of the day if his parents choose to support him by allowing him to do it then that's their choice. You can call it bad parenting but that's clearly not how they see it from their perspective.

The parents definitely need a visit from child services.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It's very odd alright. Not just that his parents condone or encourage but that the club actually allows a child entertainer. But this is America, children are frequently mad exhibitions of im various formats. It's their culture I guess. Child performers of all kinds are also common in the middle East and Africa. In Morocco it's common to see child snake charmers for example.

At the risk of straying close to the ban qualifiers, er, you do realise, don't you, that there is a wholly sexual element in the Desmond is Amazing thing. You think it's camp cutesieness, maybe? No. It's titillation. Sexual Titillation. And there are very good reasons we protect children from being the objects/subjects of sexual titillation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

No I didn't.

Yes, you did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The United States of America aka the worlds biggest open air asylum!!

this is not normal. Poor kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Interesting mod note there. Point something out that has countless data to back it up and get "severely punished".

There goes another open debate. Enjoy your nice safe little echo chamber regardless of how serious this debate is :rolleyes:

At the risk of straying close to the ban qualifiers, er, you do realise, don't you, that there is a wholly sexual element in the Desmond is Amazing thing. You think it's camp cutesieness, maybe? No. It's titillation. Sexual Titillation. And there are very good reasons we protect children from being the objects/subjects of sexual titillation.

I can certainly see that point of view but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.

He doesn't seem unhappy in this interview granted it could all be an act but how would we know if it is or isn't what he truly wants to do and wants to be.

major bill wrote: »
    The United States of America aka the worlds biggest open air asylum!!

this is not normal. Poor kid

What a load of nonsense. Typical anti-American and anti-Trump rubbish.

If these people were serious about the security of their children, they would not have risked their children's lives travelling thousands of miles across dangerous terrain and sweltering heat. But they did so anyway.

And there claims of asylum are false. Asylum means seeking refuge in the first country you enter. They not only didn't do that, but they continued to ignore the will of US sovereignty in crossing the border.

Trump and America have every right to enforce border security and the integrity of the United States. It is not anybody else's fault that these people choose to not only ignore US constitutional law, but the countless warnings they were given.

• Advertisement

JMNolan wrote: »
    Yes, you did

Here's what was said
    Sparsely means fell-length jeans, apparently. I've seen more "sparsely-dressed" hot-blooded 40-year-old guys outside pubs in the summer wacthing football and riding Harley Davidson motorocycles!

(Zorya posts clip about twerking)
    Yeah, the twerking's a bit far, granted.

So the claim:

Is proven.

So, if ANYWAY wants to make a claim on what I said or did not say - ****ING PROVE IT. Sorry for the rant and langauge, but that's three times I've said the same thing in reponse to vague unproven claims in posts containing "no you didn't" and **** all else.

There will not, to quote Hans Gruber, be a fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well leaving a toddler up a roof is considerably more dangerous than allowing a child to dance in some shorts so they are not the same thing really. At the end of the day if his parents choose to support him by allowing him to do it then that's their choice. You can call it bad parenting but that's clearly not how they see it from their perspective.

Ok, so allowing your child to dance in a sexualised way for the entertainment of adults in an all adult environment, hang out with murderers and mimic drug taking, and (hopefully only) act like they are on drugs themselves isn't bad parenting now? Take out the drag/lgbt element and no one would be defending this.

It seems to me that this child has been groomed from a young age to be exploited, first by his parents and now by any of the other potentially dubious characters who have access to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

It's not just dancing in some shorts though. It's dancing in a gay bar in front of adults who are giving him tips like one would a stripper in a strip club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The kid isn't even a good dancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Honestly if this isn't borderline paedophillia what is? Is it because we are too afraid to call out these people as they purport to be from the LGBT community?? When is the bloody world going to wake up to this nonsense?!

Ok, so allowing your child to dance in a sexualised way for the entertainment of adults in an all adult environment, hang out with murderers and mimic drug taking, and (hopefully only) act like they are on drugs themselves isn't bad parenting now? Take out the drag/lbgt element and no one would be defending this.

It seems to me that this child has been groomed from a young age to be exploited.

I didn't say that it wasn't bad parenting I said that's not how the parents of the child would view it from their perspective.

It seems to me that this child has been groomed from a young age to be exploited.

So now his parents went from being bad parents to being paedos that's a fairly big leap to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is an awful lot wrong with how this kid is treated and the leeway that his being associated with LGBTQ groups is basically allowing a free pass for extremely questionable parenting.

IMHO the community needs to take a stand on this, to call out the ethical and moral issues this raises and address them head on.
    Rather than lionize an exploited child as an example of "pride", surely it's more appropriate to ensure a safe, and unsexualised or even open to such misinterpretation childhood than it is to make a kid a fùcking Gogo dancer for tips!?

Honestly if this isn't borderline paedophillia what is? Is it because we are too afraid to call out these people as they purport to be from the LGBT community?? When is the bloody world going to wake up to this nonsense?!

It's the same approach to when a terrorist attack happens and the repeated mantra of

"That it had nothing to do with Islam"

Disagree and get punished :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

DS86DS wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense. Typical anti-American and anti-Trump rubbish.

If these people were serious about the security of their children, they would not have risked their children's lives travelling thousands of miles across dangerous terrain and sweltering heat. But they did so anyway.

And there claims of asylum are false. Asylum means seeking refuge in the first country you enter. They not only didn't do that, but they continued to ignore the will of US sovereignty in crossing the border.

Trump and America have every right to enforce border security and the integrity of the United States. It is not anybody else's fault that these people choose to not only ignore US constitutional law, but the countless warnings they were given.

What you ****ing about?? Open Air Asylum refers to a joke that that place is one big open air mental Asylum

Lol relax

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

His website says he's known he was gay since two or three
    I'd be highly sceptical of that. What 2/3 year old even knows what being gay is, let alone can decide they are it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement