Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hey folks just looking for some advice on the help to buy claim. When uploading the documents to revenue.ie is there a specific part of the offer letter from the bank they require or is it the whole lot?

Also wondering the same. And for the contracts with the builders does the contract need to be signed by both us and the contactors or just us?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Hey folks just looking for some advice on the help to buy claim. When uploading the documents to revenue.ie is there a specific part of the offer letter from the bank they require or is it the whole lot?

I only uploaded the front page of ours and it went through ok. It was also out of date, so I'd say they're lax enough with them as long as your name and the purchase price match up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darraghm1886

Cheers mate that'll do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shelllark86

Hi guys,

Applying for help to buy and a few things have come up, one being that I need a tax clearance cert as I have imported a car?? Car was imported 2 years ago and registered as soon as I got it.... Anyone any idea about this? Am going to call them Monday to seek clarification but just wondered if anyone else came across this

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Hey Guys,

I have signed contracts, submitted my claim etc and just received a "claim reference number"
    Is it this number that I provide to solicitor? Also should that be provided straight away or does revenue need to review my claim first or anything?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

icanmunch wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I have signed contracts, submitted my claim etc and just received a "claim reference number"
    Is it this number that I provide to solicitor? Also should that be provided straight away or does revenue need to review my claim first or anything?

Thanks!

Have you been given your maximum claim amount by revenue also?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Have you been given your maximum claim amount by revenue also?
    Yep during the claim process it came up with the max amount and I then had to confirm all details were correct and then once I submitted it the claim code popped up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronnie2010

Hi all, just wondering if you get approved for HTB now but don't claim until next year is it straight forward to get reapproved?

icanmunch wrote: »
    Yep during the claim process it came up with the max amount and I then had to confirm all details were correct and then once I submitted it the claim code popped up

Just checked mine from file. You need the access code, claim reference number and amount claiming. That should be all solicitor needs

Ronnie2010 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if you get approved for HTB now but don't claim until next year is it straight forward to get reapproved?

You have to reapply again. It's based on the previous 4 years of tax paid. If you reapply next year you'll just have to submit your form 12 for 2018 and then apply again using 2015,16,17 and 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Hi all just a quick question myself and my partner both applied through our myaccount pages. Mine says awaiting her membership confirmation while hers says I am a confirmed member (can't remember confirming!) and the application is under review.

Should I just cancel the one that I applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 inthedrops

I can someone advise if you can avail of the HTB scheme after you have paid the full deposit?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

inthedrops wrote: »
    I can someone advise if you can avail of the HTB scheme after you have paid the full deposit?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I was in the same position. The money will be sent directly to the contractor, and the balance will be sorted out at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

I'm looking at buying a new house. Not built by a developer but by a private individual.

Is there any hope of applying for HTB scheme for this property? This individual is not registered for the HTB and I don't think they have any interest in doing so, they don't have a clue of the scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Qwerty1006

Hi all,

Small question on HTB - I applied early in the year for HTB, application successful and was shown the maximum relief I could claim with an expiry of 31 December 2018. My question - does any claim within a year expire at the end of that year? If I cancelled previous application and re-applied today would it still come back with an expiry date of 31 December 2018?

I won't be at the stage of processing the claim until Jan/Feb '19 approx. Will I have to re-apply in February when I get 2018 P60 and do P21 for 2018 in order to proceed with application or if I reapply right now, would I get a new expiry of 31 December 2019?

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

Any application is only valid for that calendar year. So yes, if you reapply today it will still expire on 31 Dec 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bizebee

Hi All,

Staring into the claim stage for our self-build:

Since our first drawdown was made to our solicitor in recent weeks I am starting into the claim stage for H2B. I know I'm to upload the the valuation report and the signed document accepting the mortgage.
    But my question is: What did people use for proof of the drawdown of the first part of the mortgage? Is there something I should be getting from the Bank or the Solicitor?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

bizebee wrote: »
    Hi All,

Staring into the claim stage for our self-build:

Since our first drawdown was made to our solicitor in recent weeks I am starting into the claim stage for H2B. I know I'm to upload the the valuation report and the signed document accepting the mortgage.
    But my question is: What did people use for proof of the drawdown of the first part of the mortgage? Is there something I should be getting from the Bank or the Solicitor?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

I think the solicitor have to do the application for self build do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

We submitted our claim about two weeks ago and then sent all the codes we needed onto the contractor's solicitors. There's been nothing on the Revenue website since then, it just still says we have a pending claim. Do you get a notification from the revenue when the claim is fully processed? Or is it when it is claimed by the contractors that it closes? Or do you not get a notification at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beansys

Hi All,

Looking for info if someone did their application early in January...
    We will reapply in January as our process to buy stalled and got moved to next year so just wondering will we have an option enabled to select 2018 tax straight away or will it take Revenue couple of weeks to get it to available on their webpage?

Was anyone else in similar situation?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,326 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

beansys wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for info if someone did their application early in January...
    We will reapply in January as our process to buy stalled and got moved to next year so just wondering will we have an option enabled to select 2018 tax straight away or will it take Revenue couple of weeks to get it to available on their webpage?

Was anyone else in similar situation?
    You’ll need to have received your 2018 p60 before you can use 2018.

I made an application previously which is due to expire 31.12.2018 but purchase of my new build won't close until February approx.

I understand if I make an application of 01.01.2019 the 4 tax years I can claim from would be 2015-2018. Obviously my P60 for 2018 wouldn't be available until mid-February. I have enough tax paid though in 2015-2017 to get my maximum 5% claim so can I just submit claim on 01.01.2019 and choose those 3 tax years? Or do I have to have clearance for 2018 also even though I am not using that year as a claim year?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Qwerty1006 wrote: »
    I made an application previously which is due to expire 31.12.2018 but purchase of my new build won't close until February approx.

I understand if I make an application of 01.01.2019 the 4 tax years I can claim from would be 2015-2018. Obviously my P60 for 2018 wouldn't be available until mid-February. I have enough tax paid though in 2015-2017 to get my maximum 5% claim so can I just submit claim on 01.01.2019 and choose those 3 tax years? Or do I have to have clearance for 2018 also even though I am not using that year as a claim year?

Our place isn't ready until March but the Help to Buy has already been claimed and processed. Why don't u ask the builder to claim it now?

simons104 wrote: »
    Our place isn't ready until March but the Help to Buy has already been claimed and processed. Why don't u ask the builder to claim it now?

I did - the vendor was made aware but delays on their side getting contract signed has meant it's unlikely to be claimed now pre Christmas. I can probably completed my Form 12 based on my Dec payslip and request P21 statement on 1 Jan, but I just want to know if it's possible to make application on 1 Jan and include only 3 of the last 4 years, not all of the last 4 years i.e. exclude 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Qwerty1006 wrote: »
    I did - the vendor was made aware but delays on their side getting contract signed has meant it's unlikely to be claimed now pre Christmas. I can probably completed my Form 12 based on my Dec payslip and request P21 statement on 1 Jan, but I just want to know if it's possible to make application on 1 Jan and include only 3 of the last 4 years, not all of the last 4 years i.e. exclude 2018.

Yes you can choose which years u want included when creating the application

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have HTB scheme approved on my revenue account and it's valid until March 2019 to a max of 20,000e.

I read to qualify for this scheme one can pay 30% or less of the total property cost in the beginning. I wonder if this 30% in inclusive of 5% from HTB scheme? Hence, we pay a max of 25%?

Mortgage Rules
    In order to qualify, applicants must take out a mortgage of at least 70% of the purchase price, or in the case of a self -build, at least 70% of the valuation approved by the mortgage provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The rules state you mortgage has to be at least 70%, not that you pay 30%.

If you have a deposit of 25% and qualify for the full 5% HTB then yes you'll be splitting it out 70:25:5 (mortgage, deposit, HTB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

How's your HTB approved until March? It's supposed to be the calendar year only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I drewdown Jan 2018 using my 2017 application. Maybe it's only for applicants who have already signed contracts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I applied for it 2 weeks ago only.

Advertisement