Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ASOT wrote: »
    Just caught up on the card now it was decent, the ref really made a balls of the Herman fight and I'd expect Rodriguez to try get it over tuned surely.

Hill crying out of her again as usual on Twitter after getting beat, close fight but not the robbery she and others seem to think it was.

Is the women's fight worth watching? I know the result so not sure if I can be bothered to spend 25 minutes watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Is the women's fight worth watching? I know the result so not sure if I can be bothered to spend 25 minutes watching it.

I didn't really enjoy it but I absolutely hate Hill so I'm probably bias. First three rounds were good then it slowed down a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Whelo79 wrote: »

Pretty good fight in fairness, one of the better ones I thought.

cracker of a fight there between ewell rivera

would have been some robbery...

mailburner wrote: »
    cracker of a fight there between ewell rivera

would have been some robbery...

Ageed, entertaining fight. I can't believe it was a split decison, and I can't believe Rivera was complaining he didn't get the result. Clear win by Ewell in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Alpar really doesn't belong in the ufc but even still it was a near
    flawless performance from jrc

Class card so far

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s crazy how dominant of a grappler Chimaev is, but having that kind of hand speed and power as well is just unfair. Future champ without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

WOW, first punch...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Wow, all aboard the Khamzat hype train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Randa Markos breaks a 14 fight streak of never going 2 wins or 2 loses in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Colby makes fights so boring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Woodley isn't much different.

Tyron heart is gone. He is just fighting for a few quid.

Colby will walk through Masvidal

Cerrone needs to call it a day.

Decent main card. First one iv watched in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mailburner wrote: »
    Alpar really doesn't belong in the ufc but even still it was a near flawless performance from jrc
    She’s put in a lot of work in the gym to get bigger/stronger properly for 135 instead of being weak cutting to 125. I think it showed it there. Happy for her.

Should have been stopped earlier but that’s the ref’s fault.

Great card overall, main event aside. Hamzat looks unreal so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him over in fight island in the next few weeks.

fitzparker wrote: »
    Woodley isn't much different.

Tyron heart is gone. He is just fighting for a few quid.

Colby will walk through Masvidal

Cerrone needs to call it a day.

Poorest I've seen Cerrone in a long time, thinking he'll only regress from here on in but he looks done to me.
    Price is exciting to watch but he's going nowhere either.

Not sure about walking through Masvidal who'll match his output especially if it stays standing but they have to make that match up
    I couildn't care less about colby v usman

Would Tyron ever have beaten a colby, usman or burns I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Colby is off-the-charts cringe, that post fight "interview" was just unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Think Masvidal will have a 'money fight' with Diaz first then fight Colby.

I think Colby beats him comfortably as much as I like Jorge, Colby's engine is non-stop and he lasts the 5 rounds at high pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

On what planet. His output and pressure is something to behold. The Usman fight was excellent viewing.

He is a real American hero. The people’s champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

mdwexford wrote: »
    On what planet. His output and pressure is something to behold. The Usman fight was excellent viewing.

He is a real American hero. The people’s champion.

You just post ****e on every forum, don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I think people are writing Cowboy off too early. Finished three times in a row by killers, and a draw and a decision loss that were both competitive.
    If he wanted to stop I wouldn't argue, but he shouldn't be forced.
    He's never going to be champion, no need to feed him to killers any more. If he wants to continue, let him fight guys like Iaqunata and Pettis, not Gaethje and Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fitzparker

derfderf wrote: »
    I think people are writing Cowboy off too early. Finished three times in a row by killers, and a draw and a decision loss that were both competitive.
    If he wanted to stop I wouldn't argue, but he shouldn't be forced.
    He's never going to be champion, no need to feed him to killers any more. If he wants to continue, let him fight guys like Iaqunata and Pettis, not Gaethje and Ferguson.

For his own sake he needs to, Yesterday was Niko Price, it would be the level of cowboy at this stage, but as a UFE HOFer do you really want to be fighting Niko price? if he goes up another level he would lose 3/4 out of 5 fights, he is just fighting for a few quid now using the excuse ( he will fight anyone ) id like to see him win and retire, its the least he deserves. He is turning into Ross Pearson, kept on for years to just be a gate keeper cause he is a "game fighter"

Woodley has completely lost his killer instinct, his corner (like the burns fight) told him he has to go for a KO in R5 if he wants the win and again he didn't bother.

it reminds me of Francis v Lewis when Stipe took his soul but at least he go over it and is back on the tear. Woodley just looks a shell of a man.

Colby v Masvidal isnt the fight to make id rather see Edwards get a go, but if he doesn't take it he could be waiting 9 months for usman (if he beats burns).

On a side note Colby calling Woodley a terrorist while he is in a photo with Ali along side Trump made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

it reminds me of Francis v Lewis when Stipe took his soul but at least he go over it and is back on the tear. Woodley just looks a shell of a man.

This is very true. I'm struggling to come up with an obvious reason for what happened to him to become this way. He seemed this way during the Usman fight rather than because of it so I'm not sure it was that fight. The fight before that he finished Till easily so it wasn't that either. It's like something happened in between those two fights. Did he get badly KO'd in sparring or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hawaii501 wrote:
    I think Colby beats him comfortably as much as I like Jorge, Colby's engine is non-stop and he lasts the 5 rounds at high pace.

Yeah he'll just do what he did to Woodley, put him against the cage and look for a few takedowns. Usman did it to him easily.

For his own sake he needs to, Yesterday was Niko Price, it would be the level of cowboy at this stage, but as a UFE HOFer do you really want to be fighting Niko price? if he goes up another level he would lose 3/4 out of 5 fights, he is just fighting for a few quid now using the excuse ( he will fight anyone ) id like to see him win and retire, its the least he deserves. He is turning into Ross Pearson, kept on for years to just be a gate keeper cause he is a "game fighter"

Cowboy has never needed to fight. He's rich outside of mma. He's an adrenaline junkie. I've never fought, but i would guess it's a massive adrenaline rush.

Skip over the Conor, Justin, and Tony, fights, and he doesn't look like a guy that needs to retire. He should consider it, but he's not on a BJ Penn run.

If they stuck him in against Kevin Lee or Olivera, I wouldn't cringe at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

What? Cowboy is pretty famously in MMA been broke and needed the money badly from fights, he spends wildly and owed a ton in taxes a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Think Im done watching Woodley regardless of who he fights, boring rinse and repeat stuff from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Think Im done watching Woodley regardless of who he fights, boring rinse and repeat stuff from him.

Surely he'll retire, seems like his head is gone and he's incapable of letting his hands go. His style is incredible boring and bad now.

Has many other interests outside of MMA it seems, he doesn't seem that passionate about fighting anymore.

Was a really effective fighter in his day and defending the belt 4 times is a great achievement but given his age and lack of hunger, I think it's time he packed it in.

Hopefully he doesn't go full time into rapping

• Advertisement

Such a killer when he actually lets go too, like when he dropped Till.

Advertisement