Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Coleman in Ballyfermot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

i reckon joe is actually a poster on boards, just read over a few threads about him and theres one particular poster who always gets really defensive when anyone questions him which leads me to believe its him, but then again, the virgin mary told me last night..... believe what you want but i reckon hes an expert with cold readings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 redjasper

snowy2008 wrote: »
    i reckon joe is actually a poster on boards, just read over a few threads about him and theres one particular poster who always gets really defensive when anyone questions him which leads me to believe its him, but then again, the virgin mary told me last night..... believe what you want but i reckon hes an expert with cold readings
    the guy called Poster on here is <snip> & he will get so defensive about anything said about him or the SUI, doesn't like listening to other peoples points of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

the guy i was talking about was jimm55...just check out some of the posts, hes like breakingnews.ie for all matters relating to joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xardoxify

tormented wrote: »
    sorry have to disagree I found him anything but fraudulent. He is an extremely genuine person, I went to see him a couple of months back and found the whole experience extremely comforting, and I am neither weak nor vulnerable. I came out feeling very peaceful and have felt that way since, he strongly believes in what he does and in my opinion, I would rather sit in his company than go to a church where an ignorant man..sorry priest chucks his opinions at me. Sorry guys, thats just my opinion;)

Ever hear of the term Love Bombing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

I listened to this guy on Liveline and he is a healer......or used to be................but i am confused as he has been on disability for 10years (i am sure he said).....so he must not be all that hot at healing if he cannot heal himself and get back to work;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Angie77

Hi again, still have'nt found out what this chap actually does? Does he pray with his clients for instance? or does he just ask a lot of questions?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This thread is slowly degenerating into nonsense. From here on in, only sensible discussion please, or the thread will have to be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

just read a couple of responses here to what I said about finding the reading calming. You guys are nuts, Im not vulnerable, weak or whatever it is you think I am, without having met me. For the record, the one time I went to see Joe Coleman he did tarot cards with me, and said 2 members of my immediate family that had passed on were in the room, this is where I felt quite calm and comforted. The Virgin Mary was mentioned once, he said he prays to her and has had visits, I didn't ask anything about it, he didn't offer anymore information. I was very pleased with the tarot reading, BUT I will stress this, even though I believe in the afterlife I take all readings with a pinch of salt. The point I was trying to make is that I found him to be a very nice person, who strongly believes in what he does. If he wants to go dancing naked around a maypole at midnight every night to receive msgs from God, thats his business. Each to their own I say

Tarot card readings and getting in touch with souls that have passed on is totally against the word of God, so I don'nt understand where this chap is coming from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

tormented wrote: »
    just read a couple of responses here to what I said about finding the reading calming. You guys are nuts, Im not vulnerable, weak or whatever it is you think I am, without having met me. For the record, the one time I went to see Joe Coleman he did tarot cards with me, and said 2 members of my immediate family that had passed on were in the room, this is where I felt quite calm and comforted. The Virgin Mary was mentioned once, he said he prays to her and has had visits, I didn't ask anything about it, he didn't offer anymore information. I was very pleased with the tarot reading, BUT I will stress this, even though I believe in the afterlife I take all readings with a pinch of salt. The point I was trying to make is that I found him to be a very nice person, who strongly believes in what he does. If he wants to go dancing naked around a maypole at midnight every night to receive msgs from God, thats his business. Each to their own I say
    If you believe that someone can tell the future and you pay them for this service then you are automatically weak and vulnerable.

• Advertisement

Angie77 wrote: »
    Hi again, is there anyone out there who has actually been to Joe Coleman who could tell me wnat exactly goes on at a "Healing Session"
    my sister went twice,she says he took her money,comforted her and told her to come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Come again? Sounds like great value.

baaaa wrote: »
    my sister went twice,she says he took her money,comforted her and told her to come again.

How long did the session last and how much did it cost?

...comforted her...
    If you could elaborate on this it might be useful to people who are asking what actually goes on.

Session was 150 for 3 of them I think.I can't really elaborate on "comforted her" right now as they are her words.

It would be the usual technique I suppose,used worldwide on the foolish-a cold reading to get a feel of where the clients vulnerabilities are and then throw a few open ended suggestions refering to those vulnerabilities until the client latches onto something they like the sound of.

Session was 150 for 3 of them I think.I can't really elaborate on "comforted her" right now as they are her words.

It would be the usual technique I suppose,used worldwide on the foolish-a cold reading to get a feel of where the clients vulnerabilities are and then throw a few open ended suggestions refering to those vulnerabilities until the client latches onto something they like the sound of.
    Im going to come down hard on suppostion in this thread. If you cant say something for certain about this man, or any reader, then dont assume you know what goes on. If you have direct experience then by all means post it as fair comment.

Oryx wrote: »
    Im going to come down hard on suppostion in this thread. If you cant say something for certain about this man, or any reader, then dont assume you know what goes on. If you have direct experience then by all means post it as fair comment.
    True,we must be fair.All I can say for definite is that Im certain my sister and her friends feel they were conned,as they told me.

True,we must be fair.All I can say for definite is that Im certain my sister and her friends feel they were conned,as they told me.

It is impossible to form any opinion of the man if no one is willing to say what exactly he does at his healing sessions

It is impossible to form any opinion of the man if no one is willing to say what exactly he does at his healing sessions
    No no it's perfectly possible if logic and common sense are applied.
    You just have to ask yourself if it's possible that someone would lie to you in order to get money out of you or if it's more likely that they can acually predict the future and talk with your dead friends,that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 An CROI

Tarot card readings and getting in touch with souls that have passed on is totally against the word of God, so I don'nt understand where this chap is coming from!

This is probably the most valid point on this thread.

This man claims to be a Marian visionary therefore it could be assumed that he presents himself as a Catholic or Christian.

Despite this, he operates in the psychic / medium / new age arena - which is completely contrary to Catholism and Christianity.

Its fairly simple. If you are a Catholic or Christian then you should have nothing to do with psychics / mediums and the new age "movement".

If you are not Catholic or Christian then by all means seek whatever you want to seek - but then why would anybody seek "comfort" from a person who claims to be a Marian visionary if they are not Catholic / Christian.

This man is a walking contradiction.

An CROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

I have to agree with a lot of what you say, but I do have to make a point that seems to be missed here. I don't think it is simple at all. What do you do I you are a catholic , but find you have psychic ability?
    To the best of my knowledge Joe does not read taro cards.

jimm55 wrote: »
    I have to agree with a lot of what you say, but I do have to make a point that seems to be missed here. I don't think it is simple at all. What do you do I you are a catholic , but find you have psychic ability?
    To the best of my knowledge Joe does not read taro cards.

Excellent question!

What about not practicing as a psychic or medium?

Analagy: Having the ability to Kill doesn't mean you have to become a killer.

An CROI

If you refer back to an earlier post from Tormented. It states that on the one visit made to Joe Coleman, there was a Tarot Card reading done, so obviously he does read the Tarot Cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niner

If you refer back to an earlier post from Tormented. It states that on the one visit made to Joe Coleman, there was a Tarot Card reading done, so obviously he does read the Tarot Cards

So does Gary Glitter!

I have been in Joes clinic several times, I have never saw taro cards. He does have a pack of Archangel cards, which he uses from time to time. Could they have been what was used ?

I know Joe for 12 years. He takes his work very seriously. He would not set out to con anybody. Some people find it hard to believe he can know so much about them. They feel there must be a con somewhere. I have put him to the test here meny times . Beilive me, if he was not genuine I would have found out years ago, and I would not be on here standing up for him. I know a lot of other people he has helped , as well as myself. He warned me about something that was happening , and that was going to cause a lot of trouble for me . Forewarned is forearmed. I was well ready for it when it happened. We were just sitting in my car outside a building , when he told me what was being planned inside. It came as a total shock to me, but known Joe as I did , I knew he was right.

I know Joe for 12 years. He takes his work very seriously. He would not set out to con anybody. Some people find it hard to believe he can know so much about them. They feel there must be a con somewhere. I have put him to the test here meny times . Beilive me, if he was not genuine I would have found out years ago, and I would not be on here standing up for him. I know a lot of other people he has helped , as well as myself. He warned me about something that was happening , and that was going to cause a lot of trouble for me . Forewarned is forearmed. I was well ready for it when it happened. We were just sitting in my car outside a building , when he told me what was being planned inside. It came as a total shock to me, but known Joe as I did , I knew he was right.

I have no doubt that Joe Coleman totally belives in what he is doing! But I am afraid he may have been seriously mislead! Any kind of Card Reading.... and that includes Angel Cards is an unChristian practice and against the teachings of the Catholic Church! As is communicating with Souls of the deceased! So you can understand that these practices do not seem to fit in with the mystical experiences Joe claims to have! The mayhem that ensued in Knock last Sunday seems to be another sad testimony, the Bascilica in Knock descreated with rubbish ect, and peoples lives put in danger during a stampede............this surely dosnt fit in with the work of Our Lady or Jesus!

I have been in Joes clinic several times, I have never saw taro cards. He does have a pack of Archangel cards, which he uses from time to time. Could they have been what was used ?

Hi Jimm55,

There seems to a misconception here.

Angie77 is entirely right in her posts above.

For clarity - Angel Cards ARE a form of TAROT card - in effect they are TAROT cards with a different type of image and are NOT compatible with Catholism and Christianity. This is something that appears to be very misunderstood.

The is an interesting article in this weeks ALIVE newspaper about this.

AN CROI

An CROI wrote: »
    Hi Jimm55,

There seems to a misconception here.

Angie77 is entirely right in her posts above.

For clarity - Angel Cards ARE a form of TAROT card - in effect they are TAROT cards with a different type of image and are NOT compatible with Catholism and Christianity. This is something that appears to be very misunderstood.

The is an interesting article in this weeks ALIVE newspaper about this.

AN CROI

The whole concept of all New Age Practices are seriously misunderstood even by most practicing Catholics and more than a few of the Clergy, it is past time that we have some clear teachings on all things New Age!

• Advertisement

The whole concept of all New Age Practices are seriously misunderstood even by most practicing Catholics and more than a few of the Clergy, it is past time that we have some clear teachings on all things New Age!

Couldn't agree more.

There are so many Catholics and Christians involved in the Angel "movement" and all things New Age (Reiki etc.) who just don't understand what they are doing and that what they are involved in - is completely contrary to the Catholic faith and Christianity.

This a going a little off topic - I have started a thread about this - I will post a link (if I can on this thread - perhaps we can open a good debate on the subject)

An CROI

An CROI.

Advertisement